• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The signs are not being displayed today,

That all depends on what circles you are listening to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am willing to bet that almost every person here will say that satan is still performing false miracles to his own end?

If so....

The converse must be true, otherwise why would he bother?

If miracles are not occurring, we would then be asked to believe that every miracle God does, is actually from satan.

That is handing God's sovereignty to satan, and borders on blasphemy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,357
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The heart of this matter still resides in the original struggle of satan and God over power or position... which we as His children know to be foolishness on satans part and resolve to not focus anything but to be a reminder ->Christ has rebuked you satan!

We know God is able to do anything

Matt 17:20-21

20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

NKJV

but the question remains why would we want to move the mountain... did not our Father put it there to start with? Why would we desire a thing to be done so much as to demand from God- when we cannot see into the very next minute that has not yet arrived? I have inside desires that sometimes show themselves to not be of the renewed man and so even my desires I may not trust when they first arrive to my mind! To stand so small in this infinite unbounded presence ... I find that power is the last thing I wish to yield except to my God who is able to do exceeding above all that I hope and need! I know I am a rambler and you all with grace put up with me-> thank you for your love!!! This being established in thought I wish to bring into the testing of the spirits which we are required to do!

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

NKJV

the most important relative aspect of this is that Christ came in flesh... He laid aside all His Power to be totally reliant upon His Father and Spirit to perform the miracles that He did but more importantly is His attitude in doing this-

Phil 2:6-11

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

NKJV

to formed thinking this produces within me is this:

The power of our Father, Son and Spirit is perfectly kept in Their pleasure of use and I being fully convinced that its primary use has been to remove all doubt from whom our Word has come-> for it has testified that what is/ does not control itself/ but is manipulated to the the purpose of God's Glory which we all have seen born of Him! In these last of days do not gather to that which promises power but Love and those who find filled with this Love will find power to use it to The Glory of Him who has given that Love...

Love, Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

NKJV

but the question remains why would we want to move the mountain... did not our Father put it there to start with?...

The return question is - why would Jesus tell us we can do this, then?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,357
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

NKJV

but the question remains why would we want to move the mountain... did not our Father put it there to start with?...

The return question is - why would Jesus tell us we can do this, then?

The magnitude of the need should not deter from our asking of Him anything... Love, Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Are you saying the Lordc an only speak through Scripture verses to tell people to go minister to someone specific, like He did with Peter (to go to Cornelius' home) and Philip (telling him to approach the eunuch's chariot)?

You do not believe the Lord directs people this way anymore?

I don't see why He would need to. He tells us everything we need to know in our Bible. Everything that pertains to life and godliness. Can you show me from the Bible a verse that tells us we will need direct cerebral revelation when God has already told us about all things that pertain to life and godliness?

What I mean is something like this.

One of the men leading a Bible study I'm going to know shared about one time his children had a party and one of his sons did something he wasn't supposed to. This man became angry and harshly rebuked his son in front of his friends, including calling him an demeaning term. As he walked back up the stairs, the Holy Spirit spoke to him, "Go back down there - you were wrong!"

So he went back down and said to them all his need to apologize to them for saying what he did in front of them rather than speaking to his son privately and for the words he used, and then he asked his son for his forgiveness. The son responded something like, "Yeah Dad, whatever."

He found out later than night after he had walked back upstairs, one of the friends (who had a verbally .abusive father) turned to the son and said, "Can your dad get any cooler than that?"

Has the Lord ever convicted you like that?

If you mean do I know that He would be unhappy with something I did or did not do, then yes. In the case you were speaking of, I would remember what Solomon says in Proverbs 15:1 - "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." or "Be angry and do not sin..." Ephesians 4:26. God has revealed these things to me through His written word. Why would I need Him to go into my mind and say "Nuh uh! Not good!" if He's already told me? Please explain.

I fail to see how you can determine anything specific that needs to be dealt with.

Name things that are specific and I will show you what the Bible says on such matters. I cannot list every verse for every specific topic, so I listed the ones about the generalities that you mentioned. If you want ME to be more specific, be more specific yourself.

Are you saying the Spirit does not guide you?

Are you saying He guides me by speaking into my mind? Again, explain why He would do that when I have all the instruction I could possibly need already written in the Bible. He guides me by placing in my life the people and opportunities I need, and by allowing me to escape temptation.

"because I have correctly interpreted His will" comes across as very puffed up in yourself.

Like - Yes! My mind is awesome!!!! I am the interpretation king!

Again, as I explained before, I know these things because I have been blessed by the rewards of a correctly lived life. These are things God has promised us in His word. How am I being boastful by saying that God has kept His promises?

Not quite. You discovered the possibility and benefits, but I'm not hearing you testify of actual deliverance.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT. You expect God to deliver you from sin? You expect God to keep you from sinning? Oh boy. Rude awakening for ya. It's OUR duty to avoid sin. God allows us to escape such temptation and instructs us in righteousness so that we know how to live our lives and avoid sin. He does not cause us not to sin. That would remove our free will and would violate principles of the Bible.

And I disagree with how you have stringed verses together.

Then please show me the correct interpretation of the passage.

It's funny to me listening to you.

People have prophesied over me (the revealing the secrets of my heart kind), and I have seen prophetic visions to give to others - and you want me to believe in your grandiose ability to interpret Scripture that prophecies have ceased?

A woman in a prayer meeting I attended was healed of AIDS - doctor confirmed - and you want to convince me that because of your interpretation it didn't happen that way?

I was delivered instantly from the desire to commit suicide (a desire I struggled with every day for about 25 years), and you claim miracles don't happen? I have been walking free from that cloud for almost 5 years with no sign of it's return, and you want to tell me it was something natural?

Tell me why I should bother talking to you anymore? Seriously - why?

Because the bottom line is: If the Bible says that miracles no longer take place, then Miracles No Longer Take Place. Are you denying that? Are you saying that your personal testimony is more accurate and trustworthy than what is contained in the Scriptures? I certainly hope not. And so I desire for us to stop discussing these "miracles." But for you information, AIDS being cured is not a miracle. There are people who have been cured in the past, by MEDICINE and TREATMENT. That is not supernatural. You having a change of heart and deciding not to commit suicide is not a miracle. It is not supernatural.

Instead of debating testimony, which involves no basis for solid evidence, let us discuss Scripture and what light it sheds on miraculous events. Shall we?

I am willing to bet that almost every person here will say that satan is still performing false miracles to his own end?

If so....

The converse must be true, otherwise why would he bother?

If miracles are not occurring, we would then be asked to believe that every miracle God does, is actually from satan.

That is handing God's sovereignty to satan, and borders on blasphemy.

Why would he bother? Because if men teach something against the Bible (in this case, that they are performing miracles) and are claiming to be doing things in God's name that God has not authorized, then they are sinning. If Satan can cause men to believe that they are performing true miracles and can cause them to believe that they are doing them in God's name, he is causing them to sin. That's why he would bother.

No, if miracles are not occurring, we would be asked to believe that every miracle that MAN says he does (which are not miracles) are actually from MAN, and are therefore incorrect and blasphemous, having said they have received power from God when they have not.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

"because I have correctly interpreted His will" comes across as very puffed up in yourself.

Like - Yes! My mind is awesome!!!! I am the interpretation king!

Again, as I explained before, I know these things because I have been blessed by the rewards of a correctly lived life. These are things God has promised us in His word. How am I being boastful by saying that God has kept His promises?

You realize that we know that our interpritation is also correct because we have been blessed with rewards of a correctly lived life also, and even more so, we have been blessed to know and witness His power and love. I cannot deny what the Lord has done in my life and what I have tasted, the joys of walking in His Spirit. The bible says the Holy Spirit gives gifts and I have experienced these gifts. If you deny God moving, then He will not move through you and you are missing out on a deeper blessing.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1 Corinthians 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

No one can change your mind on this. But seek the Lord on this. Ask Him with an honest heart what He thinks about this matter and listen. We cannot understand the mind of God through the intellectual mind, the wisdom of God comes through the Spirit. So Ask Him and seek and answer, He says the Holy Spirit will lead us in all truth, so ask Him and seek His Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2: 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

John 16:12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

ave you heard of Iris Ministries, headed up by Heidi and Rolland Baker? They go into unreached area's in mosambique Africa, Call up the deaf and the blind, pray for them, they get healed and the whole village comes to the Lord.

You see, Joshua, the problem with using all those verses is that it simply says that men will perform miracles, which no one is denying. However, 1 Corinthians 13 says that eventually spiritual gifts will cease. Those verses you presented, therefore, do not really get to the heart of the discussion, which is, when do spiritual gifts cease. I would really prefer to discuss 1 Corinthians 13. It's the only way we can really resolve this discussion, if we can at all.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

You see, Joshua, the problem with using all those verses is that it simply says that men will perform miracles, which no one is denying. However, 1 Corinthians 13 says that eventually spiritual gifts will cease. Those verses you presented, therefore, do not really get to the heart of the discussion, which is, when do spiritual gifts cease. I would really prefer to discuss 1 Corinthians 13. It's the only way we can really resolve this discussion, if we can at all.

Well, by your experience, you are saying that your interpritation of that verse is correct, but by my experience I can see that I am interpriting that verse correct. I experience many giftings of the Holy Spirit.

Now you say its the revelation of God, Is the revelation of God complete? The cannon of scripture is yes, but there is still mysteries to unfold as what was written is deeper revealed. Also through the bible alone we cannot come to full knowledge of the revelation of Jesus, that is why we need His Holy Spirit in us. That which is perfect comes is Jesus who is perfect coming. When He comes we will be perfect in Him and be in the full revelation of who He is.

What is sad based off an interpritation of one verse you try to take away many chapters in the NT. By claiming Jesus changed, or only gave power in His Spirit to early Christians.

The Holy Spirit said through Paul,

1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 14: 1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

But you say that those verses no longer have meaning? You do not believe these verses.

Jesus said this

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

He who believes in me, not the first believers who believe in me.

Pay attention to what our Lord said to Joel,

Joel 2:28“ And it shall come to pass afterward

That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;

Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Your old men shall dream dreams,

Your young men shall see visions.

29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants

I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

30“ And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:

Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,

And the moon into blood,

Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.

32 And it shall come to pass

That whoever calls on the name of the LORD

Shall be saved.

For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,

As the LORD has said,

Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

Notice the word before the great and awesome day of the Lord. This verse shows these will continue until the great and awesome day of the Lord is when Jesus comes, and also when we are made perfect in Him This verse shows That which is perfect being Jesus coming back.