• Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

~candice~,

How did you know that you were saved ?

Fair enough question.

I have faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and (try to) live a life of obedience to Him. I am filled with His Spirit as evidence of this.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit and you will know this when you speak in tongues. Candice, you don't want to get this wrong otherwise you will spend eternity in the wrong place.

Please, you may debate, this subject, but do so only on the subject, naming names, and assuming someone is not saved because that is making the Judgement Call that is only the Lords.

Remember This story...

Matthew 7:21-23

New King James Version (NKJV)

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So even if on the external they appear to have it all together, even doing signs and wonders, they still did not make it.

We will never know until the day we meet HIM.

Again, if you want to debate it, there is another thread that you may do so, as it does not apply here, and if/when you do, please refrain from judging a persons salvation as it is not yours, or any of our places to do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

[

Yeah I agree with most of what you said (except Ro 10:9.... if you understand 'believe' in the hebraic mindset, it's totally different to our greek hellenistic mindset, and truly you are saved if you 'believe' the way we are supposed to understand that word) and definitely I do not buy into OSAS but this seems to be OT. Why not start a new topic about Ro 10:9 or OSAS and go from there?

I think the problem with this New Christianity idea might not be about lies, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. I think Romans 10:9 might be an example of not preaching the whole truth, when speaking of scripture.

Romans 10:9

King James Version (KJV)

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

I'm sure we have all heard during a Sermon that we must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, but how many times have we heard we must believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead? I'm just guessing, but I would say it is 20 - 1, least it seems that way.

Side Note: Happy 4th Of July Everybody

Candice I know you folks don't celebrate the 4th of July (it's a USA thing), but have a happy 4th of July anyway. :) In my neck of the woods it is a beautiful sunny day, hope it is there too.

Happy 4th to you as well Brother. And yeah I agree, Ro 10:9 is not wrong but it is only a portion of the story. :emot-highfive:

Yesterday our new pastor preached on "Taming the Tongue", from James 3. As our last pastor left due to malicious gossip, it was totally appropriate, although I don't know whether the new man is aware of the circumstances.

Controlling one's tongue is challenging and difficult, and I felt the congregation was uneasy. But if he knows the situation, I'm glad he is preaching to the real issues in the congregation. If so, he is in for a hard time.

We had one preacher who was into the emotional feel-good stuff, a guest who was into 'get Jesus and get rich', and our denomination is going politically correct liberal.

It is really amazing that we all read the same Bible.

Yes, if only people were more concerned about the tongue in their mouth, than speaking in tongues....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

[

Yeah I agree with most of what you said (except Ro 10:9.... if you understand 'believe' in the hebraic mindset, it's totally different to our greek hellenistic mindset, and truly you are saved if you 'believe' the way we are supposed to understand that word) and definitely I do not buy into OSAS but this seems to be OT. Why not start a new topic about Ro 10:9 or OSAS and go from there?

I think the problem with this New Christianity idea might not be about lies, but it doesn't tell the whole truth. I think Romans 10:9 might be an example of not preaching the whole truth, when speaking of scripture.

Romans 10:9

King James Version (KJV)

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

I'm sure we have all heard during a Sermon that we must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, but how many times have we heard we must believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead? I'm just guessing, but I would say it is 20 - 1, least it seems that way.

Side Note: Happy 4th Of July Everybody

Candice I know you folks don't celebrate the 4th of July (it's a USA thing), but have a happy 4th of July anyway. :) In my neck of the woods it is a beautiful sunny day, hope it is there too.

Happy 4th to you as well Brother. And yeah I agree, Ro 10:9 is not wrong but it is only a portion of the story. :emot-highfive:

Yesterday our new pastor preached on "Taming the Tongue", from James 3. As our last pastor left due to malicious gossip, it was totally appropriate, although I don't know whether the new man is aware of the circumstances.

Controlling one's tongue is challenging and difficult, and I felt the congregation was uneasy. But if he knows the situation, I'm glad he is preaching to the real issues in the congregation. If so, he is in for a hard time.

We had one preacher who was into the emotional feel-good stuff, a guest who was into 'get Jesus and get rich', and our denomination is going politically correct liberal.

Yes, if only people were more concerned about the tongue in their mouth, than speaking in tongues....

2 Thessolonians 1:

7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Maybe Paul should close his mouth then as well ?

Edited by boldlion

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

You are not paul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

2 Thessolonians 1:

7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

What did Paul say that wasn't the truth? :noidea:

I'm so lost here... what did Paul say that was wrong? Why is 2 Thess 1 being quoted in response to me?

I'm so lost here... what did Paul say that was wrong? Why is 2 Thess 1 being quoted in response to me?

Paul didn't say anything wrong, he was only telling the truth like it is.

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I have become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

In the Hebrew mindset this is called lashon harah or evil speech which gossip is, it harms not only the person spoken of but the person who speaks it. Psa 34:12-14 Who is the man that desireth life, and loveth days, that he may see good therein? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. We are all guilty of this in one degree or another, thankfully He understands our fallen nature and forgives quickly as we strive to obey Him in all ways. Hope things work out of your church!

shalom,

Mizz

James 3:7-11

King James Version (KJV)

7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

I must admit that I'm guilty at times of not having my brain in gear, before engaging my mouth.