IGNORED

Is Glenn Beck in support of a Paelstinian State?

~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

It is plainly obvious this OP is just than, an OP, but is it true?

http://www.thejidf.org/2011/07/glenn-beck-im-not-against-independent.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So, are you against any kind of Palistinian State????

Guest shiloh357

The article is misleading. There are radical factions that oppose the existance of a Palestinian state in any form whatsoever.

Most Israelies are not opposed to a Palestinian state. What they are opposed to is a Palestinian state under current management. Zionists have consistently voted in favor of a palestinian state every time it was put to a vote. Zionists have been characterized as being anti-Palestinian, of displacing the palestinians and so forth, but the historical record doesn't really support that narrative, or the conspiracy theores and history revisionism that surrounds it. Israel has outlawed radical "zionist" organizations such as those who support the late Rabbi Meir Kahane and banned their people from entering Israel.

What Zionists and Glenn Beck oppose is Israel being forced by the world to accept a Palestinian "state" being governed by terrorist organizations dedicated to Israel's destruction. We are opposed to Israel being forced to accept Hamas or Fatah as negotiating partners when their agenda is clearly the destruction of Israel, either by militarily or demographically.

So far, when Israel sits down to negotiations, it is usually a one-sided affair where the PA and the rest of the world demand that Israel accept outrageous and unreasonable demands such as a "right of return" into Israel for ALL 5 + million Palestinians while at the same time relinquishing the entire West Bank, the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem including the most important religious sites to Judaism, such as the western wall. Yet, the Palestinians will not even promise to cease all terrorist activity against Israel even if every single one of their demands are met. So while Israel is expected to allow all Palestinians to live as citizens in its borders and have dual citizenship in both Israel AND Palestine, the Jews are banned from the areas they relinquish to the Palestinians and that includes their most holiest sites. They would be banned from East Jerusalem and the western wall. So far, the only entity having to do any giving is Israel.

Even if if Israel is able to maintain a few towns (what the world calls "settlements") in the West Bank, protecting them from terrorism protecting them would be made extremely difficult if the current "plan" was actually employed.

A Palestinian state governed by a younger, non-militant, more progressive party would be good for Israel in terms of bringing relief to Israel's economy and relief from the thread of constant terrorism, and it would be good for the Palestinian people becaue they would have a competent government that genuinely looks out for the best interests of their people.

It is exactly what the Arab community doesn't want. The Arabs have consistently thrown a wrench in every peace process, they have always voted agaisnt a Palestinian state. They prefer to use the Palestinians as cannon fodder and as pawns in their consistent war of attritiion agaisnt the existance of Israel. They created the Palestinian refugee crisis, and they foment it. It is a weapon they can and have used quite well agaisnt Israel in the arena of public opinion and the liberal media has willingly accepted the Arab narrative of that conflict.

I have listened to Glenn Beck and there is nothing anti-Semitic about him. I don't agree with him all of the time, but I don't think the article is really fair and is assigning values to him that are not true.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So, are you against any kind of Palistinian State????

No, I'm not entirely against it. I think it is Israel's land and hence it's a compromise, but to be dogmatic about the Palestinian people would cause much much bloodshed. From my pretty naive perspective, I'd be ok with a compromise that gave Palestine a state if there were no aggression and it did not impede on Israel's right to worship, exist, build the temple etc etc. But I'm no expert on middle east relations. What are your thoughts Sam?

It is exactly what the Arab community doesn't want. The Arabs have consistently thrown a wrench in every peace process, they have always voted agaisnt a Palestinian state.

Wow, I had no idea this was the case. I came across this site because someone linked to it on FB. I knew it was off, I just didn't know how far...