• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Suzzane

I believe we should worship HIM everyday and hour of the week.In our words,in our prayers,and in our actions. The sabbath is a day that JESUS made for man.Not only as a day of rest but a day of great blessings if you obey HIM and keep HIS day.

We are in agreement here Waldan, yet it still does not address the issue of those who do not even get the opportunity to step foot in the Lords house, because they must serve us "Christians".  Do we no longer have regard for them?  Only, whether or not we are observing the Sabbath, is that the only focus?  I keep going back to this, because it is about love, the Commandments are about love.

:rofl:

That's just not love as far as I can see.

(I will stop for now, because the thread is on whether or not to keep the Commandments, although at this point, we can't even get to a point as Christians of acknowledging that there are 10 of them, not 9.)  I will continue to say, if we are hindering our brothers and neighbors from being able to go to church, that is NOT love for our neighbors, or God.  No matter which day it is!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Suzanne,

The laws were given to the Israelites, no one before them, no one after them as I pointed out earlier in Deut. 5:3 "The Lord did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive."

Luke 14: Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely. And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy. And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?" But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go. Then in John 5 we have Jesus healing the paralytic man and telling him to take up his bed and walk:

Now, all my life I've been taught that Jesus did keep the Sabbath so my first thought is just that Jesus is trying to show the Pharisees that they have forgotten the love while being overly concerned with the letter of the law. BUT, looking at Jeremiah 17:21 "Thus says the Lord: "Take no heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the Sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; nor carry a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day, nor do any work, but hallow the Sabbath day, as I commanded your fathers.

That seems pretty clear that the Lord commanded them not to carry anything on the Sabbath, so why would Jesus ask the man to take up his bed when that was clearly a sin according to the law?

There's that story in the Old Testament of the man being stoned to death, by the instruction of God, for picking up kindling on the Sabbath. (Numbers 15:32-36) Back to the story in John...before Jesus healed the man, He asked "Do you want to be made well?" ok, later on in verse 16: "For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. 17 But Jesus answered and said to them, My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." Therefore, the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only BROKE (it says broke!) the Sabbath but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Jesus deliberately broke the Sabbath and other laws of ritual cleansing when He touched lepers and healed them and the dead.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Blindseeker,

I have come to understand that you don't realise how you come across and I have no problem with it.  I was talking about the first post on worthy boards and that was so long ago I have no idea what it was.  No apology necessary.

The Gentiles who were not steeped in the Mosaic/Levitical upon their acceptance of Christ freely moved forward in their faith in Christ being obedient to the Gospel.  The Jews had difficulty abandoning what had become cultural for them in the law. They were the ones who were concerned about dietary laws and meats offered to idols in Rome . . . so they chose to be vegetarians instead of risking defilement.

So here we can see Paul addressing the necessity of love when dealing with others convictions . . . not their lack of them.  The Jews were convicted in their heart to eat would be sin . . . and so it would be.  But the Gentiles had no such baggage, nor did Paul place any upon them.

Paul does not only talk about the food here.  He specifically says one man esteems one day above another, another esteems everyday alike, let each be convinced in his own mind.  I was not referring to you regarding the law keepers, I was referring to the SDA's and if you don't think they are a cult, well you're entitled to your opinion.

Blindseeker,

I have come to understand that you don't realise how you come across and I have no problem with it.  I was talking about the first post on worthy boards and that was so long ago I have no idea what it was.  No apology necessary.

WordSower,

Nonetheless, I sincerely offer one for any hurt feelings.  I simply have come to expect Christians to be mature and openly reason Gods word . . . and not be so easily offended.  And I AM NOT saying you are such.  I have always like what Paul said to the Corinthians -

• 1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

To me Paul is simply saying, "Grow up."

Paul does not only talk about the food here.  He specifically says one man esteems one day above another, another esteems everyday alike, let each be convinced in his own mind.  I was not referring to you regarding the law keepers, I was referring to the SDA's and if you don't think they are a cult, well you're entitled to your opinion.

Yes, Lev 23 list those High Sabbaths that came at different times, seasons, and years, (as mention in Colossians) which were separate from the weekly Sabbath.   The High days were given at Sinai . . . the weekly seventh day Sabbath is from the Seventh day following creation.  Hence, "Remember the Sabbath . . . "

Regarding the SDA's . . . I agree . . . I think the denomination is a cult . . . I'm not SDA.

Still,  I think their churches, however, has some true believers in them . . . as well as your church . . . and Suzanne . . .

Peace,

BlindSeeker

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hay all Lets keep the true sabbath day for another thread ok lets keep on the main issue if we can Brothers and Sisters :read:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hay all Lets keep the true sabbath day for another thread ok lets keep on the main issue if we can Brothers and Sisters :rofl:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

AMEN!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Guest Waldans Mountain

Regarding the SDA's . . . I agree . . . I think the denomination is a cult . . . I'm not SDA.

Yea

Modern day prophet

Sign of Jonah(this 1 very few believe)

1000 yr riegn, not on this earth

All contrary to the WORD