• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

How do you explain or teach the meaning of Paul's word here

I Cor 9: 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

To me, we Jesus stated "It is finished," I understand the "it" to the work of redemption, the shedding of blood for our propititation.  Not the disannuling of that which God wrote with His finger in stone.

To this day we refer to things that cannot change as "Written in stone"  because of God's commandments.

Those laws that God wrote with His finger were on the tablets of stone that Moses brought down from the mount, correct?  Doesn't 2 Cor. 3 deal specifically with these?

Having the law written and observing it you get what you deserve according to your ability to keep the laws.

Having the law written on your heart, you get the blessings by your belief in Christ's though you deserve none of them.  The result should be an inward desire to follow God because His Spirit dwells in you and prompts you to good works, not because you fear the penalty of the law.  You have a new Spirit when you accept Christ that the Old Covenant didn't provide so your behavior is heartfelt, sincere, not outward.  Does that make any sense?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Makes perfect sense to me Wordsower! Good post! I agree 100%

:thumb:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

The result should be an inward desire to follow God because His Spirit dwells in you and prompts you to good works, not because you fear the penalty of the law.

This is, I believe the place where we as a church have not been taught clearly with regard to grace.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Suzanne,

Blindseeker wrote a long explanation to why he believes we should keep the 7th day holy.  I don't agree with his position but I don't have a problem with it either.  What I don't understand is your "Amen" in response to his post.  He is not saying he thinks Sunday is the Sabbath, he believes strongly that we are to keep the 7th day Sabbath, that would be Saturday.  Do you understand what you are defending in keeping the 10 commandments?  If you are going to keep them you are going to have to go to church on Saturday and keep it holy.  That is what this is about.  I don't see how you can claim we need to keep the commandments and then pick and choose how you want to keep them.  The 4th commanment plainly says to keep the 7th day holy.  You are refuting yourself and making no sense.  Don't misunderstand me, I am not condemning you.  I go to church on Sunday too, but it is not the Sabbath.  There is no way around this.  You're keeping them or you're not.

Do you understand what you are defending in keeping the 10 commandments?

Guest shadow2b

wellllllll, we [my wife & i] just spent some time on our knees with the FATHER & [ this is to all on these boards,on any thread i have posted on] i wish to beg everyone's pardon,

& ask each & everyone to please forgive me for any sarcastic,

rude,arrogant, threatening,abusive,ridiculing,or any other type

of post that was hurtful...we are all brothers & sisters in the Lord & sometimes i get caught up in a thread & forget who it is i'm talking to ..i sure don't talk to my blood sister the way i've spoken to some of you-- i apologize & ask you all to please forgive me...from this point onward i will really try very hard to speak to each of you the way i would like to be spoken to..if i start that type of stuff again,  please remind me who i'm speaking to.--a brother or sister--- thank you all so very much for putting up with me this long-------

peace,love,joy-----

SHALOM

shadow2b[Gary]

. . .  i wish to beg everyone's pardon,

& ask each & everyone to please forgive me  . . .

thank you all so very much for putting up with me this long-------

Dear shadow,

All is well here, no offense taken at any point, by me?  You are forgiven, although I held no offense against you.

:inlove:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thank you Gary,

Your apology is accepted, and I have already forgiven you (Jan 10th to be exact).

Peace brother.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

wellllllll, we [my wife & i] just spent some time on our knees with the FATHER & [ this is to all on these boards,on any thread i have posted on] i wish to beg everyone's pardon,

& ask each & everyone to please forgive me for any sarcastic,

rude,arrogant, threatening,abusive,ridiculing,or any other type

of post that was hurtful...we are all brothers & sisters in the Lord & sometimes i get caught up in a thread & forget who it is i'm talking to ..i sure don't talk to my blood sister the way i've spoken to some of you-- i apologize & ask you all to please forgive me...from this point onward i will really try very hard to speak to each of you the way i would like to be spoken to..if i start that type of stuff again,