IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest AnEarToHear

Basically I would like you to explain to me what you feel the millenium rest is. Also, the difference of  this rest(the millenium) from Jesus's rest, if he is the fulfillment of the Sabbath.

Are there now two Sabbaths?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Here's what Timothy posted:

Hebrews 4:9-11 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Ok, so I'll add some claritive verses too:

Wordsower you posted the essence of the following verse first, but I would ask you to consider the fullness of the meaning:

Chapter four says since a promise remains of entering into His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. (By remaining in the Old Covenant) For indeed the gospel was preached to us (who have believed) as well as to them (that didn't believe) but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Aneartohear,

From my understanding the millenium is 1000 of Jesus reighning on this earth and satan being bound during that time.  No there are not two sabbaths, there is the shadow and the substance, but the substance was there from the beginning.

Suzanne,

2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

The word the Jews heard did not profit them because they did not believe when He came, they had no faith that He was the Messiah.  

Faith is what made Abraham righteous, not the law.

The law which was written in stone is now written on our hearts, He took the stony heart out and replaced it with the heart of God.

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again?  Or do we need like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you?  You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody.  You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on the tablets of human hearts.  Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God.  Not that we are competant in ourselves, but our competence comes from God.  He has made us competant as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter, but of the Spirit  for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of it glory fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?.................................14 But their minds were made dull for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read.  IT has not been removed because only in Christ is it taken away. 2 Corinthians 3:1-8, 14-15

I recommend reading the entire chapter on your own.

it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?.................................

Yes, because the ministry of the Spirit fulfills the Commandments.  They are written on our hearts....but they are "not" diminished.  They are fulfilled.  All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me.

How do you get around Romans 3:31?  

Rather we uphold the law

What does that passage mean?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Suzanne,

2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

The word the Jews heard did not profit them because they did not believe when He came, they had no faith that He was the Messiah.

Greetings Wordsower,

The text in Hebrews, starting at 3:8,

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

It is not the results of one's perfected actions in compliance to the letter we strive for, rather the aligning of one's heart to the revealed will of the only true God in humble obedience and gratitude.

Beautiful! Sorry William, I know I annoy you!

How do you get around Romans 3:31?  

Rather we uphold (establish) the law

What does that passage mean?

Romans 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Dear JohnS,

I wasn't sure if you were in agreement or not by what you posted, but in any event, I wanted to post the above response.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Hi Suzanne!

Glad you feel the same way! I can't ever figure out if I am arguing with you or not. My question to you is - are you saved by acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, or is something else required?

Hi Suzanne!

Glad you feel the same way! I can't ever figure out if I am arguing with you or not. My question to you is - are you saved by acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, or is something else required?

Confusing huh.

Well I'll answer your question with my question.

Can you be saved and not be in agreement with the Commandments?  Does a saved person reject the teachings of the 10 Commandments?

??????

In His Love,

Suzanne