IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest AnEarToHear

wordsower,

First I would like to thank you for all your gracious and friendly replies to my questions...I appreciate it. I wish I could avoid it looking like a gang-up on you here but I must pose another question. You said:

...not of the letter, but of the Spirit for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

Of course I agree what Jesus did:

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. (Colossians 2:14)

But was the Sabbath against us?

Mr 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath

I thank you personally wordsower for continuing to discuss these things with me. I'd also like to encourage anyone else to reason these things with me.

Pr 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

For all of you who insist on saying that I am in opposition to the law and saying I can do whatever I wish:

Again I say

Old Covenant/Law

we don't have idols made of stone or idol,

we don't take the Lord's name in vain,

we keep one day holy

we don't lie, steal, cheat, covet, commit adultery, we honor our parents...........

New Covenant/Grace

we don't have idols of wood or stone and we don't have idols of the heart or ANYTHING that exalts itself above God

we not only refrain from taking the name of the Lord in vain, we proclaim the name of the Lord

instead of observing one day to the LordIn ALL you do, do it to the Glory of God, EVERYDAY

we don't lie AND we speak truth

we don't steal AND we give

we don't covet AND we love our neighbor and are happy for their prosperity

we don't commit adultery AND we don't even think about it

we honor our parents AND we love them too

MUCH MORE IS REQUIRED UNDER GRACE

Aneartohear,

The Sabbath did pose a problem for the Jews because they were much more interested in 'keeping the day' than loving their neighbor, that is why they rebuked Jesus for healing on the Sabbath.  This is what happens when you put the shadow in front of the substance, it covers up the substance to the point that you can't see it anymore.

Suzanne, if you want to obey the 10 commandments, then go to church on Saturday otherwise your arguement makes no sense to me.  The 4th commandment says Saturday not what ever you want to make it out to be.

Blindseeker,

The text in Hebrews, starting at 3:8,  "the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness, when your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years," up to 4:8, "For if Jesus [Joshua] had given them rest" clearly defines the time in reference for the "them" mentioned in 4:2 of whom "the word preached did not profit . . .  not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

The israelites were in the wilderness 40 years, Joshua gave them rest on the 7th day, the Jews didn't have faith in the Messiah whom their law pointed to, God swore they should never enter His rest--they had the rest you are speaking of-the 7th day, they do not have the rest that is for the soul, "For my burden is light and I will give you rest for your souls"  That was Jesus, HE will give you rest, not a day that points to Him.  They got the day, they don't have the rest, can you see that?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

. . . Sorry William, I know I annoy you!

Well now, . . .  I guess there is another thing we are not in agreement on.

With love,

William

Guest AnEarToHear

wordsower,

I'm sorry, let me ask again. I asked if the Sabbath was against us, not what anyone made of it.

Was the Sabbath itself against us, or was it not for us?

Aneartohear,

Do you believe that the Bible is the story of Jesus from beginning to end?

Do you believe that Adam and Eve had complete access to God before they fell?

Do you understand that they were spiritually dead the moment they sinned, even though they were still breathing?

Spiritual disconectedness is the problem here.  The world remains spiritually dead until Christ came and died after that point, if we accept Him, we are then raised to a new life in Him--Spiritually.

The Sabbath of the Old Covenant had a purpose, as did circumcision, sacrifices, the passover, all of it had a purpose.  It all pointed to Jesus.

The passover points to Him as our passover Lamb, the sacrifices, His sacrifice, the law His love, the sabbath His rest.  

Can you do me a favor and read Galatians and then Hebrews and pray for an understanding from the Holy Spirit?  I can not show you these things, the Holy Spirit can, it is spiritually discerned.  

Blessings to you,

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Guest alias

Hi,

IMHO it often puzzles me why, when people want to understand the 10 commandments why they just don't go and ask the Jews about it. The 10 commandments are adhered to very strictly by practicing Jews. If you want to know the depth to which the 10 commandments go then ask any good and practicing Jew, and they will tell you.

Allow me to suggest to you that there are 613 seperate instructions which can be found under the 10 commandments "or headings" which were given to Moses by the great I AM. If you dn't believe me then look this up for yourself. I can assure you that the Jews no more about the 10 commandments than do the gentiles...after all the 10 commandments were given to the nation of Israel, and the Jewish people as part of their covenant with the Holy One of Israel.

Blindseeker,

Glad to see you back by the way, just couldn't stay away could ya!

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Hi Suzanne!

Glad you feel the same way! I can't ever figure out if I am arguing with you or not. My question to you is - are you saved by acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, or is something else required?

Confusing huh.

Well I'll answer your question with my question.

Can you be saved and not be in agreement with the Commandments?  Does a saved person reject the teachings of the 10 Commandments?

??????

In His Love,

Suzanne

:c2: I thought that was an easy one.

Guest shilou

I have a question. This is a real situation that was brought to my attention. A young single mother. She works Saturday and Sundays waitressing because on those days she can leave her children with her parents and only has to pay for three days of daycare, and even this she can bearly afford. She is a babtized christian. Members of her church are using the law to scold her for not keeping the Sabbath. Actually I have a couple of questions. First who will God look more favorably upon the single mom struggling to support her children, or the church goers who are adding to her plight? Secondly should I advise her to quit working one of these days (which are the days she makes the most income) pay another day of daycare and more than likely end up in the street with her kids? Would this be equivalent to leaving the lamb in the well? Or should I speak with the people at her church and see if they are willing to pay for the daycare and make up the difference she loses not working on the Sabbath. Then there is also the problem that her church meets on Sundays. Should I instruct her to change churches and go to one that meets on Saturdays. Most of which condemn everyone that goes on Sundays. Or should I tell her to ask God what to do and if she feels no conviction from the Holy Spirit for working these days than things are fine between her and Christ?

In Yeshua's love

Shilou