IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest InHisLove

I haven't read through all the pages of this thread, so pardon me if this has already been brought up .. I wish to ask one question ... Where in the scriptures does Jesus Himself tell us that the commandments (the Law) are no longer for us to follow ...

"Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Matt 5:17-18 (RSV)

What do you suppose John the Beloved Apostle meant when he wrote this?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Yod,

If you can consider that there may be another perspective then what can we say about Romans 2:14?  Indeed when the Gentiles (that's me) who do not have the law do by nature things required by the law, they are a law unto themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.

Consider this,

Way back when in Romans 2 they were having the exact same conversation that we are having here.  There were the Romans judging the Gentiles because they didn't follow the law the way they thought they should.  The Gentiles, I believe, were preached the gospel and told that they were accepted as they are and not given the law.  Paul did tell them not to drink blood or sacrifice to idols but said that he felt no need to put any other yoke on them.

So the book goes on and they are still disputing, about circumcision, the Sabbath, and whatever else.

So, Paul says in Romans 14 that the man who eats only vegetables is the weak one because he is stuck on tradition or religion instead of faith, but the one who has faith shouldn't look down on him for it, or judge him.

Then in verse 5 he says one man consider one day more sacred than another and the other one considers everyday alike.  Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.  He who regards one day as special, regards it to the Lord...whether we live or die we belong to the Lord.

He says let God judge and God will make the person able to stand based on his own conviction.

He says for this very reason Christ died and returned to life

He goes on to say that he is fully convinced that he can eat anything and it isn't a sin to him but if it is a sin to someone else they shouldn't eat it.

Now isn't a sin a sin?  He says whatever you believe keep it between you and God and don't argue about it like we have done here.

I believe the Holy Spirit is full able to reveal what He needs to reveal to us to fulfill the purpose for our life.

So, can I esteem everyday alike, you and Blindseeker esteem Saturday and Suzanne esteem Sunday and just get over it?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Liberty such as????

Eating out?

I am curious . . . is this the Ron Phillips who started Life Ministries in South Florida around 30 years ago?

No, you can check him out on www.cbch.org or watch TBN Sunday at 8:00. am

He's a local!!

(TN)

Yod,

I wasn't being ugly at all!  The scripture says "One man esteems one day above another, another one esteems everyday alike Let each be fully convinced in his own mind."

What I asked is, isn't then acceptable for you to esteem one day, Suzanne esteem another and me esteem everyday alike?

Isn't that what he is telling us to do?  To stop arguing about it and accept eachother?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I love the rejoicing, and the dancing, and the singing, and the shouting, and blowing of shofar, and studying the Torah every week.

I'm there! What's the address?    :rofl:

Guest shadow2b
well guys/gals---someone[wordsower i think] asked "WHAT??} has this thread proved?? the statement also-

"HAS ANYONE'S