• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

i had nothing to do with repealing those laws that opened up the stores on SUNday[too young] of course you could ask all those elected[servants] why they repealed the laws..

I did a study on the sunday blue laws a while back, I don't remember all of the specifics but from what I remember, the Anglicans especially upheld these laws and put people in prison and even killed them for not keeping Sunday holy.  (sounds real Christian, right?)  Unfortunately, this led to further prosecution of our Jewish immigrants so I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who did away with them for the most part and a 5 day work week was established in general to accomodate both the Christians and the Jews.  

This country is founded on freedom of religion, not forced religious beliefs.  Those who want to be holy have complete freedom to do so in the manner that they choose.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

wordsower

I did a study on the sunday blue laws a while back, I don't remember all of the specifics but from what I remember, the Anglicans especially upheld these laws and put people in prison and even killed them for not keeping Sunday holy.

They still have them on the books now in some states.  I meant Jefferson did away with the prison and killing part. LOL!

The SDA's believe there will be a National Sunday Law where people who believe as you do will force everyone to worship on Sunday or die.  They think that is the Mark of the beast.

Pretty wild hu?  Guess they haven't considered that 1/4 of the world is now Muslim and they would rather blow up the planet than worhip on Sunday, or Saturday for that matter.

Ya know, Andy Griffith and them don't sing all that well.  I'd hate to be a member of that church singing "Bringing in the Sheaves" every week! :read:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I'm with ya Suzanne! I remember the blue law! Nothing was open! And nobody complained 'cause that was the way it was. It was taken for granted. Like leaving your doors unlocked. And praying in school. And NO underwear was shown on your black and white t.v. You didn't even see married couples in the same bed on t.v. And it wasn't popular to be gay. Life was a lot simpler and a lot slower. And Sunday was for family and God.

The SDA's believe there will be a National Sunday Law where people who believe as you do will force everyone to worship on Sunday or die.  

Dear wordsower,

If they believe as "I do", then they wouldn't "force" anything!  I don't think you're hearing me too well?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Let me rephrase that:  The Seventh day Adventists believe that Sunday keeping christians will pass a law, nationally and everyone will have to go to church on Sunday or die.  They are truly nuts.  Not amusing when you are a kid and told you might be put in a concentration camp and have your finger nails ripped out because you keep the "true" Sabbath, Saturday.

I agree we are not on the same wave length, but that's ok, we're still headed in the same direction! :rofl:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Wow Wordsower - did you really believe that? I didn't know they pushed that idea!  :rofl:

Guest shadow2b
we used to know a guy that really liked to fight,hated cops, the sheriff would send 4 or 5 deputies to arrest him, he would punch out the deputies & throw them thru the nearest window or door, then wait till they woke up & walk along side of the squad car to jail,would not ride in the car ever.wellll he got saved started preaching &

would ask his old drinking buddies to church on sunday morning & if they didn't showup he'd go knock on their doors

& ask them again.if they didn't agree to go he would beat the

devil out of them throw them in his car & take them to church

preach to them then take them home after church

Surely that's not what you think I'm talking about?

Where's that dawggone spellmeister when needed?

tiger?  Want to spell it?

fa ce tious

frivolously amusing; funny:

(Hey, what can I say, I'm a homeschooler, and it drives me nuts when I look back at a post and realize I've misspelled a word)  So, please don't point out mine.  :rofl:

Thanks for the spelling word shadow!   :thumb:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Wow Wordsower - did you really believe that? I didn't know they pushed that idea!

Sad but true, Praise God for delivering me from that! :inlove: