IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest shilou

Blind sorry I didn't respond the way you wanted me to. I have offered and been declined. She reads scripture dilegently and is a babtized christian, so I told her to go as the Spirit leads her and to pray fervently about it. She didn't bring it up to me in a way like to say, I'm feeling convicted by the Spirit about this, what should I do? Rather as a frustration about other christians and judgement and why do they feel it neccessary to do that. I realize that if God wants her there on Sundays He will tell her so. The example of Jericho was to point out that had they not known God they would have ran over to their tablet and said oh we can't do this, look what it says here. In this day and age people would call killing women and children murder, and they would have run over to that tablet and said we have to discern this spirit and see here we have proof it's not God. They didn't have the retrospect of the scriptures to study to understand all God's reasoning but they knew God well enough to know His voice and to know it was Him that gave them the instructions of what to do. This is what I'm saying here, that as we come to know God we know his voice, we know when He is upset with us, and we know when He is happy with us. If the young mother does not know it yet she will, because I trust that the Holy Spirit knows what He's doing and it is not up to me to get in there and take His job over and perhaps mess it all up. So how does this apply to the Ten Commandments, well as we get to know God he will teach us and lead us, line upon line and percept upon percept. We need to be patient with those that are not there yet, or are somewhere out in the middle (like me). The Spirit does his business in his own way, and in his own time. When we get out there as her friends from church did and start pointing fingers instead of letting the Spirit convict then we are just frustrating the whole business. Gods instructions to me are bring them here, and leave my business with them is not your business. I say ok Lord. That is why I would tell them to pray about it and go as the Spirit leads you, because He will lead.

In Yashua's love

Shilou

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hey all

Ive seen pages and pages written on Hebrews 4 trying to explain that it doesnt really mean what it says. According to the WORD this is a very dangerous thing to do.

You should not add or diminish from the WORD, and the WORD explains why.

REV.22  [12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall

be.[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh

a lie.[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.[17] And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Do ya see where the WORD says

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you WaldansM,

Thank you for the Good Word.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Amen.

Thank you Waldans Mountain for such a simple and clear admonishment for truth.

Peace

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I came across this on the web, I didn't write it.  I can't show you grace, the things of the Spirit are foolishness to the fleshly man, only the Holy Spirit can do that, just hope you will let Him,

Jeremiah 31:31-32

"I will make a new covenant...NOT like to covenant that I made with their fathers when I took them out of Egypt."

Promise =Eternal Life to all who believe (Jn 3:16)

Condition =Faith (Rom 3:21-28)

Sign =The Lord's Supper (I Cor 11:25, Luke 22:20, Mark 14:24)

The Bible declares that upon Jesus Christ's death and resurrection a new covenant was ratified. Romans makes it clear that under this new covenant we are:

Romans 7:1-6

"released from the law" v. 2 "dead to the law through the body of Christ" v. 4 "Delivered from the law" v. 6

Which law? verse 7 "...For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said 'Thou shall not covet." (Compare to Exodus 20:17 & I Tim. 1:6-11)

II Corinthians 3:1-18

Old Covenant

"on tables of stone" v. 3

"the letter kills" v. 6

"was glorious" v.7

"was passing away" v.14

"ministry of death and condemnation" v. 7,9  

New Covenant

"on the heart" v. 3

"the Spirit gives life" v.6

"much more glorious" v. 11

"remains" v.11

"Ministry of righteousness" v.9  

If the Old Covenant has been replaced by the New Covenant what about keeping the Commandments of God? as we read in Rev 12:17 and John 14:15?  These do not refer to the 10 of the OT

I John 5:3

"For this is the love of God that we keep his commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."

I John 3:22-24

"And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him."

Notice also in Acts 15:5 this was the very same question facing the new church. However in verses 28, 29 there is not mention of keeping the Sabbath. The only mention is in verse 21 and is speaking of those who preach Moses, not Christ. Christians were not holding the sign of the covenant of Moses any longer (Sabbath) nor were they keeping the sign of the Abrahamic covenant, circumcision. (Gal. 5:1-4).

Christians have a New Law

Now that we are in Christ we no longer live by the Old Covenant, the Ten Commandments. We have a new law, written on our hearts.

Galatians 6:2

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ

Galatians 5:13,14,18

"...but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word,even this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

John 13:34, 35

" A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another . By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Romans 13:10

"Love does no harm to a neighbor therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

Colosians 2:16, 17

"Let no one judge you...regarding festival or new moon or Sabbaths which are a shadow of thing to come , but the substance is Christ "

Note: The LXX (Septuagint) translation of "Sabbaths" in Exodus 20:8 is the same as in Colosians 2:16.

Hebrews 3:17-4:11

Christ is the Sabbath rest. A new day, "Today" is the gospel rest. (Heb 4:7)

Matthew 11;28

"Come to Me...and I will give you rest...you will find rest for your souls."

:c2:

Ridicule my name if you wish and ponder this:

This was written by a friend today with no knowledge of this forum at all and God knew what I needed for confirmation, He never ceases to amaze me.  I forward it on to you all:

The new commandment that Jesus gave in found in:

John 13

34. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

35. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 15

12. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

13. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

Now compare the new commandment for the new covenant to the greatest commandment for the old covenant. Keep a remembrance of these laws were to be written on their hands and foreheads so that these laws would be in their hearts.

Deuteronomy 6

The Greatest Commandment

The Great Commandment

1."Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the LORD your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess,

2. that you may fear the LORD your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged.

3. Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the LORD God of your fathers has promised you--"a land flowing with milk and honey.

4."Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

5.You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6."And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.

7.You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

8.You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

9.You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

The difference is that in the new we love one another like Jesus loved us. We cannot love or bear much fruit apart from Christ. According to the old covenant they had the law that was to lead they to Christ and part of that law were the Two Great Commandments.

John 15

5."I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

6.If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned (NIV).

In the old covenant they were to love God with all their heart, all their soul and their strength as if God was over here and they were over there. In the new covenant Jesus Christ is in us, so if we can love one another like He loved us, and this fulfills loving God with all our hearts, soul and strength and loving our neighbor as self, but in a better way.

In the new commandment we do not love others like we love ourselves because we have died to self. A dead man can do nothing, but the new man does love as Jesus did. When we love one another as Christ loved us we love God also because God indwells us. Immanuel means God with us, but with us in the new covenant means closer than just around us or beside us. He indwells us in our Spirit that has being quickened and made alive, now we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, and by the Holy Spirit into Christ.

When I went to a Prophecy Seminar the SDA preacher had me convinced at the time that the mark of the beast was connected to the Ten Commandments because they of the hand and forehead connection. But in the book of Deut. Chapter five the connection is with the two greatest commandments not the Ten Commandments. So if the connection is true that could make the old covenant commandment a connection to the mark of the beast, because it was apart from Christ "only the Shadow or type". I know that if the whole world would love others like themselves it would be a better place and to love God with all their heart, soul and strength. But it would have totally missed out on the gospel message that Christ is to indwell us and apart of Him we can do nothing. Those who have the mark of the beast will try to love their neighbor as themselves but they will fail because they have a stony heart. The way that the old man with the stony heart loves themselves, is not all that good. Some love themselves so much that they cannot stand to see themselves suffer so they commit suicide. If they were to love their neighbor as themselves the same way we would have a problem.

Jesus knew what He was doing when He gave a new commandment. He said that what ever we do to the least in the Kingdom we have done it to Him. And by loving one another as He loved us, we love the person and God who indwells in them.

It was possible for an old covenant person to live by the two great commands but they had to love from their own strength. The new covenant person has their strength from the Spirit of God abiding within. The Holy Spirit is the Seal of God but the mark of the beast is the antichrist spirit that says I can do it on my own. So they write it in their heart to love others apart from Christ.

It is my opinion that the New Commandment fulfills the Two Greatest Commandments for the one who realizes that apart from Jesus they can do nothing.

Written by Brad 04-21-03

Blessings and prayers,

Wordsower

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Word sower

you wrote

Jeremiah 31:31-32

"I will make a new covenant...NOT like to covenant that I made with their fathers when I took them out of Egypt

HEBREWS 8 [6] But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.[7] For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should

no place have been sought for the second.[8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:[9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.[10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:[11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

For all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  Is this covenant here now?  Does everyone know the LORD?

Of course not. There will come a time when everyone knows the Lord. This was written after Christ had risen and verse 13 says the first covenant waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Ready to vanish.  And it surely will !  

Read Deut.30,

This scripture says

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hey Word Sower

The WORD of God does tell us how we are to love one another.

JOHN 15 [8] Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.[9] As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.[10] If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Dont you think scripture above points out how we are to show our love for the children of GOD WS?

2JOHN1   [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.[6] And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

JAMES 2 [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11] For he that said, Do not

commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a

transgressor of the law.

Again WS. Some of the 10 commandments are mentioned above

ROMANS 13  [8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I decided to show the scripture of James 2 and Romans 13  because there will be some out there that will tell you the

A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

For all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  Is this covenant here now?  Does everyone know the LORD?

Of course not. There will come a time when everyone knows the Lord. This was written after Christ had risen and verse 13 says the first covenant waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Ready to vanish.  And it surely will !  

So you say we aren't even in the New covenant?  Well, you better get you some goats and some lambs and an altar in the back yard because you got some sacrificing to do.

Praying for you WM,

May the Spirit of Truth guide us with His Truth,

Blessings and prayers to all here,