Anyone ever heal from chronic pain? (such as headache & teeth nerv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have had chronic pain before. Some days it was worst then others, but it was always lurking around. After a couple of years, I finally said to God that if this is how I am to live, then so be it, I will learn to cope. Not long afterward, the pain left, slowly, but surely. I still have flareups that reminds me of where I came from, but nothing like ti use to be. My pain was/is from Fibromyalgia, a broken neck, herniated disks and HEP C., in case anyone needed to know.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had chronic pain before. Some days it was worst then others, but it was always lurking around. After a couple of years, I finally said to God that if this is how I am to live, then so be it, I will learn to cope. Not long afterward, the pain left, slowly, but surely. I still have flareups that reminds me of where I came from, but nothing like ti use to be. My pain was/is from Fibromyalgia, a broken neck, herniated disks and HEP C., in case anyone needed to know.

Hallelujah~!

Praying~!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Great News, To God goes the Glory.

There is one thing that I will encourage people to never do, and that is to just give in to the pain. During the years of pain, I still took martial arts and did the best I could. When it was discovered that I had HEP C, I had to give up martial arts due to the nature of the arts I was in, I competed in tournaments. I then went back to an old favorite of rock climbing, I still climb as much as I can. If people give in and just sit around the house, they will add to their trouble. Even if it is a short walk in the back yard, up and down the street, or a bike ride, do something to get some exercise in.

Ask God to go for a walk with you. :)

God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

There is one thing that I will encourage people to never do, and that is to just give in to the pain. During the years of pain, I still took martial arts and did the best I could. When it was discovered that I had HEP C, I had to give up martial arts due to the nature of the arts I was in, I competed in tournaments. I then went back to an old favorite of rock climbing, I still climb as much as I can. If people give in and just sit around the house, they will add to their trouble. Even if it is a short walk in the back yard, up and down the street, or a bike ride, do something to get some exercise in.

Ask God to go for a walk with you. :)

God Bless

I have found that if I don't keep moving rigor mortis starts setting in. :grin:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Praise God. Thank you for that inspiration.

Trust the Lord Jeff is all I can say. There is a reason why we go through what we go through. We may see our pain as something bad, but it may turn into a blessing to others. I never thought that what i had felt would ever bring inspiration to anyone else, but it has for you.

Trust in God.

In His Love,

Alan

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Trust the Lord Jeff is all I can say. There is a reason why we go through what we go through. We may see our pain as something bad, but it may turn into a blessing to others. I never thought that what i had felt would ever bring inspiration to anyone else, but it has for you.

Trust in God.

In His Love,

Alan

Amen Alan. I also broke my neck about 30 years ago, and still live with the pain every day. Some days are worse than others. Like today, there is a deep throbbing ache in my right shoulder. There are some things I have learned not to do with my right arm, but one forgets, and this sets it off for weeks at a time, accompanied by violent headaches. But like you, I refuse to let the injury invade my life to the extent that I am scared to do stuff.

I too have learned to "become one" with the pain and I just "ignore" it. (the headaches are hard to ignore, especially when I am working). For instance I have been preparing a preach on saving faith, but the reading and typing makes it so bad I can only do it in small increments.

The people I met and worked with today do not know that I have this pain. I just put my head down and do what has to be done with no complaining.

Wonder if we will even have necks in heaven?......

I believe that God wants us to avail ourselves of the medical care that is available to us, as He has supplied all knowledge that has allowed for the advancement of the healing arts, as long as they are not occultism.