• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; Luke 1:48

And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her from the Lord." Luke 1:45

Luke 11: 27As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."

28He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Jesus Himself downplayed Mary's elevation in being blessed.

Name another mother who gave us our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ? Without her we would have no Savior and no Gospel, just as without your mother there would be no you reading this now.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Lord could have found another human female vessel to serve should Mary have refused or not been around. Our salvation is not contingent on Mary being a part of it.

Name another mother who retained her perpetual virginity from conception to the birth of her child, and then forever after?

Not supported scripturally.

Name another mother who could look down upon the infant Creator of the universe as she held him in her arms? All other mothers have looked up to GOD, not down.

Every knee shall bow, Mary is not excluded from that. She looks up to God as well.

Name another mother who was assumed into Heaven body and soul?

After all of this, how could anyone ever say, Mary is just a mother like any other mother?

She was human, just like anyone else. She served the Lord, just like we do. She was given a greater role, like Abraham, David, John the Baptist. The fact remains, she was a flawed human servant of God, nothing more.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Was I disrespectful to you Lynne ?

no, bob, but I KNOW that you disagree with me always with anything that has to do with catholic issues...so I took your asking me the 'meaning' of that verse as your implying that I know nothing and that you know everything...but I know that neither of these are true. I respect that we're on different pages...afterall, I was once like you...believing as you do...but as my heart opened to the 'possiblity' that I might not know it all, the flood gates opened, and amazing grace opened my eyes to the marvelous amazing mysteries of our faith. It's not that you're wrong and I'm right...it's just that there is so much MORE to the faith than many protestants allow themselves to see. I don't know if it's fear or what, but I do know that the Catholic church is NOT the evil entity that many of you on here claim her to be, and I'd give my own life if asked today to to deny Christ and His Church...I'd rather DIE teaching the truth than live a lie pleasing men. :il:

no one said Mary died on the cross...but she suffered greatly, AND it was prophesied that her suffering would be great. 34 and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against 35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:33-35 (RSV)

Luke 11: 27As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."

so are you saying then that he degraded his mother and that we're to do the same thing? :D

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Lord could have found another human female vessel to serve should Mary have refused or not been around. Our salvation is not contingent on Mary being a part of it.

really? Mary said YES...what if she'd said NO...then it would be contingent on whomever ACCEPTED the CALL to bear our Lord...

Every knee shall bow, Mary is not excluded from that. She looks up to God as well.

yes, true...

Name another mother who was assumed into Heaven body and soul?

amazing that it is NOT recorded in scripture, but in Tradition, it is...and ENOCH and ELIJAH WERE assumed into heaven. Do you think that the KING would do ANY LESS for HIS MOTHER??? But nonetheless, you don't have to believe it to know Christ. But it IS an amaing thought that it COULD have happened...and I believe IT DID.

After all of this, how could anyone ever say, Mary is just a mother like any other mother?

She was human, just like anyone else. She served the Lord, just like we do. She was given a greater role, like Abraham, David, John the Baptist. The fact remains, she was a flawed human servant of God, nothing more.

She's human JUST like you and me, but SHE is the ONLY HUMAN in the history of humanity who bore God, Christ Jesus, our Lord! :il:

so are you saying then that he degraded his mother and that we're to do the same thing? :D

Reading what I wrote.....

No I dont see that in there at all. I said the Lord downplayed her elevation in status. Downplayed is not degraded. Please stop twisting my words.

I thought that Christ Jesus came in the FULLNESS and PERFECT TIME...I can't find the scripture right now, but God KNEW that Mary would say yes...so I don't agree with you that God would have found another human being...all the evidence in scripture points to her, a virgin ... it happened at just the right moment in time, the fullness of time!

no one said Mary died on the cross...but she suffered greatly, AND it was prophesied that her suffering would be great. 34 and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against 35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:33-35 (RSV)

Reading what I wrote.....

No I dont see that in there at all. I said the Lord downplayed her elevation in status. Downplayed is not degraded. Please stop twisting my words.

so how do you reconcile then the verse that Jesus 'downplays' her blessedness' WITH the command... For behold, henceforth all generations WILL CALL ME blessed; Luke 1:48 :D

amazing that it is NOT recorded in scripture, but in Tradition, it is...and ENOCH and ELIJAH WERE assumed into heaven. Do you think that the KING would do ANY LESS for HIS MOTHER???

Well, it isnt in scripture that Mary parted the Red Sea either, yet Moses did. Do you beleive Mary did as well? Of course not. Then really, beleiving in her assumption without scriptural evidence doesnt make much more sense.

Most church fathers and theologians believe Mary died. Ludwig Ott, one of your esteemed theologians concludes that there is no scriptural support for her assumption. That particular doctrine was not even around until the mid 20th century.