ServingHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

amazing that it is NOT recorded in scripture, but in Tradition, it is...and ENOCH and ELIJAH WERE assumed into heaven.  Do you think that the KING would do ANY LESS for HIS MOTHER???

Well, it isnt in scripture that Mary parted the Red Sea either, yet Moses did. Do you beleive Mary did as well?

where do you come up with this stuff??? Don't believe that she was assumed into heaven. One day you will know for sure one way or the other.

Most church fathers and theologians believe Mary died. Ludwig Ott, one of your esteemed theologians concludes that there is no scriptural support for her assumption.

The Assumption

The doctrine of the Assumption says that at the end of her life on earth Mary was assumed, body and soul, into heaven, just as Enoch, Elijah, and perhaps others had been before her. It

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

ServingHim,

Let me tell you something about me. I grew up rooted in "baptist doctrine". For the majority of my life I walked around with Jesus in my head, thinking he was in my heart. I could debate like you can here with the catholic doctrine. One day I realized something. I didn't know Jesus. I could tell you bible verse on top of bible verse and debate any doctrine I wanted but when I stipped that away, got my "head" out of the picture, I realized my heart was empty. This Jesus that I spoke so passionately about was someone that I didn't even know. I asked Jesus to come into my heart and I fell in love with Him. He alone is worthy of my praise and adoration. He is all that it's about. When you strip away your intellect and look into your heart, what do you find? Do you find your Savior that suffered, bled and died for you or is it empty? Do you place Jesus at the place of all honor? Or are you wrapped up so much in doctrine that somehow Jesus (what's most important) gets lost in the process?

no one said Mary died on the cross...but she suffered greatly, AND it was prophesied that her suffering would be great. 34 and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against 35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:33-35 (RSV)

ServingHim,

Let me tell you something about me. I grew up rooted in "baptist doctrine". For the majority of my life I walked around with Jesus in my head, thinking he was in my heart. I could debate like you can here with the catholic doctrine. One day I realized something. I didn't know Jesus. I could tell you bible verse on top of bible verse and debate any doctrine I wanted but when I stipped that away, got my "head" out of the picture, I realized my heart was empty. This Jesus that I spoke so passionately about was someone that I didn't even know. I asked Jesus to come into my heart and I fell in love with Him. He alone is worthy of my praise and adoration. He is all that it's about. When you strip away your intellect and look into your heart, what do you find? Do you find your Savior that suffered, bled and died for you or is it empty? Do you place Jesus at the place of all honor? Or are you wrapped up so much in doctrine that somehow Jesus (what's most important) gets lost in the process?

thank you for sharing...you know...I was searching for that deeper relationship with Christ because I too, as a protestant, did not have one...and I CHOSE to become Catholic, and my faith & my personal relationship with Christ Jesus has strengthened and deepened beyond what I could ever have imagined. So I understand where you're coming from... :il:

You just took your focus off of Jesus and put it on Mary...you don't see how wrong that is? JESUS is everything! Everything! I know it was hard for Mary, but when I think of the cross...she never even enters my mind and never has or never will...It is only about my wonderful Savior...He is altogether worthy... :wub:

God Bless,

Debbie

7 For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us. 2 Thess 3:7

SO, shame on Paul...he took his focus on Jesus and put it on himself and the other apostles? :x:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

You just took your focus off of Jesus and put it on Mary...you don't see how wrong that is?  JESUS is everything!  Everything!  I know it was hard for Mary, but when I think of the cross...she never even enters my mind and never has or never will...It is only about my wonderful Savior...He is altogether worthy... :wub:

God Bless,

Debbie

SO, shame on Paul...he took his focus on Jesus and put it on himself and the other apostles? :x:

She's not talking about Paul- she's talking about having a deep, personal relationship with JESUS. It's about throwing out doctrines and focusing on the ONE who saved us from our evil self.

It has been and always will be about JESUS!! :il:

ServingHim,

Let me tell you something about me.  I grew up rooted in "baptist doctrine".  For the majority of my life I walked around with Jesus in my head, thinking he was in my heart.  I could debate like you can here with the catholic doctrine.  One day I realized something.  I didn't know Jesus.  I could tell you bible verse on top of bible verse and debate any doctrine I wanted but when I stipped that away, got my "head" out of the picture, I realized my heart was empty.  This Jesus that I spoke so passionately about was someone that I didn't even know.  I asked Jesus to come into my heart and I fell in love with Him.  He alone is worthy of my praise and adoration.  He is all that it's about.  When you strip away your intellect and look into your heart, what do you find?  Do you find your Savior that suffered, bled and died for you or is it empty?  Do you place Jesus at the place of all honor? Or are you wrapped up so much in doctrine that somehow Jesus (what's most important) gets lost in the process?

thank you for sharing...you know...I was searching for that deeper relationship with Christ because I too, as a protestant, did not have one...and I CHOSE to become Catholic, and my faith & my personal relationship with Christ Jesus has strengthened and deepened beyond what I could ever have imagined. So I understand where you're coming from... :il:

Don't you see that it has nothing to do with being protestant or catholic but all about Jesus and an intimate realtionship with Him not built on doctrine? That was my point that I'm not so sure you got.

You just took your focus off of Jesus and put it on Mary...you don't see how wrong that is?  JESUS is everything!  Everything!  I know it was hard for Mary, but when I think of the cross...she never even enters my mind and never has or never will...It is only about my wonderful Savior...He is altogether worthy... :wub:

God Bless,

Debbie

Actually, Paul was telling the people in the Thessalonian church that their lack of activity was leading them into sin. Paul was telling them to start working and to follow Paul's example of what to do, he was telling them not to be lazy...He was not taking the focus off of Jesus and putting it on anyone else...Nice try..though.. ;)

Jesus is altogether Worthy of all glory, honor and praise! He is high and lifted up! :o

I realized my heart was empty.

my heart is FULL of Christ's love, amazing grace!

I asked Jesus to come into my heart and I fell in love with Him.

believe it or not, called, I DID exactly the same thing almost 7 years ago!

He alone is worthy of my praise and adoration.

YES He is! He alone is GOD! I know the commandments...they are IN MY NEW HEART!

When you strip away your intellect and look into your heart, what do you find?

but Christ GAVE us an intellect...did He not? I used to know NOTHING of the faith...I didn't really even understand the Holy Spirit, the sacrifice Christ DID for me on the cross, etc. And through my asking Him into my heart...opening up my heart, realizing that I was NOTHING WITHOUT HIM, grace took over...and through grace AND the God-given intellect, I LEARNED MY FAITH...

Do you find your Savior that suffered, bled and died for you or is it empty?

what are you talking about...you've got some nerve implying that because I have intellectully articulated my faith that His sacrifice means nothing to me. How pompous.

Do you place Jesus at the place of all honor?

yes I do...and you really have NO IDEA...do YOU "Take, Eat...THIS IS MY BODY" ? HOW do you EAT HIS BODY? HIS FLESH? Let's just not go through our differences...I respect that Jesus is in your heart...why do you insinuate he is not in mine. But truly, I don't care what you think of me...for Christ knows truly what is inside me, my heart, my mind, my soul! That is ALL that matters...

Or are you wrapped up so much in doctrine that somehow Jesus (what's most important) gets lost in the process?

I'll forgive your harsh judgment of me...Lord have mercy.

Sh, let's be clear that it's me that made that post...not Called. Judgement? No. Questions from the heart.