• Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

Heinz Kerry: Hurricane Victims Should Just 'Go Naked'

----------------------------------------------------------------

Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry, commented Wednesday about victims of Hurricane Ivan in a visit to the Caribbean community in Brooklyn.

Heinz Kerry observed the efforts by the people there to assist Caribbean families who were ravaged by the damaging winds of rain from the hurricane. She even interacted with the Haitian vendors speaking in French and met with many of the volunteers who were loading the food and clothes for the Caribbean islands.

The Kerry campaign donated water, blankets, and some emergency medical kits to send to the victims.

"I think it's important we help all the kids we can," Heinz Kerry said at a local market.

Tens of thousands of families were completely devastated by Hurricane Ivan as it came through the Caribbean islands last week, including leaving 60 percent of the population of Granada homeless and without food or water.

Responding to this, Heinz Kerry shared her opinion that the Caribbean needs water and food more than they need clothing.

"Clothing is wonderful, but let them go naked for a while, at least the kids," Heinz Kerry exclaimed. "Water is necessary, and then generators, and then food, and then clothes."

As reported by Talon News last Friday, Heinz Kerry characterized opponents of Kerry's $900 billion universal health care plan as "idiots."

"Only an idiot wouldn't like this," Heinz Kerry stated last week.

( I am not accepting any ketchup jokes at this time) :oww: :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

You have GOT to be kidding me?? This is for real?!?!?!

She needs to read this:

Matthew 25

34Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

I think the story broke during the hurricane. About a week ago. It is for real. This woman is not fit to be the first lady. :huh:

Kat

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I think the story broke during the hurricane. About a week ago. It is for real. This woman is not fit to be the first lady. :huh:

Kat

I agree Kat!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

I work with women who are voting for Kerry because they love his wife's attitude. Shows what kind of work atmosphere I have. grrrrrrr. :sam: :prayer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

And you people have obviously never worked relief for a hurricane. Fresh water & ice usually top the priority list with medical supplies third. Not clothes.

Typical Recommended Hurricane Supplies:

It's a good idea to keep a stock of food, water, and supplies in your home. You can help your family be better prepared for any emergency if you have these supplies. Water. Most people need at least one quart of water or other liquid to drink each day, but more would be better. You should also have extra containers of water for washing. Store water in plastic, airtight containers and change them every two months to be sure the water is pure.

Food

Supplies should include healthy, high-energy foods that do not need to be refrigerated or cooked to eat. Stock enough to feed you and your family for up to three days.

A suggested supply of foods for emergencies includes:

whole dry milk

canned fruit juices canned meats and fish like vienna sausage, meat spread, or tuna meat substitutes like beans bread and crackers peanut butter dried fruits dry cereals

granola bars or cookies

Place paper or waxed packages in a water-tight container, such as a large plastic bag. This will keep them dry and make them easier to carry.

Supplies and Equipment:

Keep the following items in one place so you can get to them easily:

A battery-operated radio (with extra batteries)

A flashlight (with extra batteries)

Blankets or sleeping bags

Paper plates and utensils, including a bottle and can opener Candles and matches (in a waterproof container) or an oil or kerosene lantern

And you people have obviously never worked relief for a hurricane. Fresh water & ice usually top the priority list with medical supplies third. Not clothes.

It's a good idea to keep a stock of food, water, and supplies in your home. You can help your family be better prepared for any emergency if you have these supplies. Water. Most people need at least one quart of water or other liquid to drink each day, but more would be better. You should also have extra containers of water for washing. Store water in plastic, airtight containers and change them every two months to be sure the water is pure.

Food

Supplies should include healthy, high-energy foods that do not need to be refrigerated or cooked to eat. Stock enough to feed you and your family for up to three days.

whole dry milk

canned fruit juices canned meats and fish like vienna sausage, meat spread, or tuna meat substitutes like beans bread and crackers peanut butter dried fruits dry cereals

granola bars or cookies

Place paper or waxed packages in a water-tight container, such as a large plastic bag. This will keep them dry and make them easier to carry.

Supplies and Equipment:

Paper plates and utensils, including a bottle and can opener Candles and matches (in a waterproof container) or an oil or kerosene lantern

I think most people are aware of that Steff. Heinz Kerry could have said it with more class than what she did. If she wants to be first lady, she needs to engage brain before she engages mouth.

Kat

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

It's a good idea to keep a stock of food, water, and supplies in your home. You can help your family be better prepared for any emergency if you have these supplies.  Water. Most people need at least one quart of water or other liquid to drink each day, but more would be better. You should also have extra containers of water for washing. Store water in plastic, airtight containers and change them every two months to be sure the water is pure.

Food

whole dry milk

granola bars or cookies

Supplies and Equipment:

I think most people are aware of that Steff. Heinz Kerry could have said it with more class than what she did. If she wants to be first lady, she needs to engage brain before she engages mouth.

Kat

If Heinz-Kerry was a classy lady, she would not make comments like that. Unfortunately she is a spoiled rich woman who lacks cuth. I know some rich people. Some are down to earth, and some think the world revolves around them. She is the latter. If her husband was not running for president, do you think she would be down there handing out relief supplies?

And yes, I have worked relief efforts. And yes, clothing may not be the first priority, but clothing was handed out when people needed it. In some cases, the relief workers have given their extra clothing they brought with them because someone needed something to wear to protect them from the elements.

It is hard to engage a brain when one does not have a brain.

It's a good idea to keep a stock of food, water, and supplies in your home. You can help your family be better prepared for any emergency if you have these supplies.