• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,224
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi Steven. I feel as if you did not really read what I posted, and feel that you have ignored the scripture I posted and the context in which I posted it. I am going to ask if you can reread my post and consider it. I am not going to reply anymore as i care more as keeping you as a brother and a friend then being right. The only reason I tried to debate with you is that I do have a rapport with you, and I felt as if you may listen to what I had to say as you have at other times. This time has proved to not be one of those times so I do not want to push and debate with you as much as discuss. I am going to post my summery one more time.

To wrap up, I believe all Christians should manage their money wisely. If they do, by the nature of how money works they will eventually become wealthy. That is to say if you spend less than you make and save money, and do not ever get into debt you will eventually become wealthy. This is not chasing riches, this is not making money the center of your life, this is slowly over time with wisdom and hard work managing the money the Lord has given to you and increasing it, just like the good steward. With this money you can then turn around and sew it into the kingdom, and be a blessing. To have wealth, just to be wealthy is putting your money where God should be is most definitely wrong. To have God at the center of your heart, and have HIs wealth to manage to take care of your family, and to give, is a wonderful thing and something many in the Church today are missing. Too many babies are being tossed out with the bathwater on this one. 

All we have comes from God. All our money, our basic needs, everything and we are called to be Managers of the money. So no, you should never be wealthy. This would mean it was OUR money, however it is GOD's MONEY, he owns it, we simply MANAGE it, and many mismanage it. The word is clear, those who manage well will be given more to manage. Most would see this as wealthy, however its just a greater responsibility. 

I came to this conclusion by studying my Bible using this method of study. 

I believe it to be the most accurate method of study.

enoob's reply:

Basically you have a false premise at the get go God did not develop the system of money! I believe it grew out of Babel/Babylon...

Which is condemned and judged at the end in Revelation... Izzy I am opposed to the benign philosophy of money as the system is

set for the world and anti-Christ. I believe God clearly teaches us that we are to stay away from its influence by mindset of what it really

is ... that being a system not of God's concern  due to its false influence of logical orders or amounts as to values!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Strange how this thread dances around the fact that money is neither good or evil, but a means of traded value.  Wealth is a collection of traded value.  Does that mean that a farmer who had barns full of corn and wheat, but no money in the bank, is he still not rich? What difference doe sit matter what is valued?  Does money sin?  Does Gold?  Silver?  A barn full of corn and wheat?

A child of God will know what to do with what they are given, be it a penny or a billion dollars.  As long as they are following His will, there is no sin, no matter how wealthy they are.  It is what is in the heart that sins ... greed, uncaring lust for more wealth while ignoring the person next to you who is in need.  Not trusting in the Lord, but your wealth. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

The Bible is silent as to how the system of money came into place. Perhaps we shouldn't read into Scripture what is not there to begin with.

I agree with OneLight. It is about trusting God and not our wealth.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Just thinking about money can corrupt you

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/17/pf/money-corrupt/index.html?source=cnn_bin

Simply thinking about money can trigger people to lie, steal and make unethical decisions, new research shows.

Just thinking about money can corrupt you

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/17/pf/money-corrupt/index.html?source=cnn_bin

Simply thinking about money can trigger people to lie, steal and make unethical decisions, new research shows.

1 Timothy 6

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The Bible is silent as to how the system of money came into place. Perhaps we shouldn't read into Scripture what is not there to begin with.

The system of money is, in a way, structured on the same concept as that of Babel... man's attempt to circumvent God and get there on his own means!

All people merged into a system of unity with God in no way as its center!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

The system of money is, in a way, structured on the same concept as that of Babel... man's attempt to circumvent God and get there on his own means!

Really? How else would you structure the system that allows effective trade that still have God at the center?

Really? How else would you structure the system that allows effective trade that still have God at the center?

The Garden :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

The Garden :)

:anv20181:

How many kinds of sweet flowers grow

In an English country garden?