churchmouse2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know who and how the reputation is established here on Worthy? Is there a publishable standard which allows for no personal abitrary influence?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Does anyone know who and how the reputation is established here on Worthy? Is there a publishable standard which allows for no personal abitrary influence?

If your mean, ugly, uncaring with your words- you get 0.... unless we don't like the person either :red_smile: No no just kidding!

However speak the Scripture in love and the hearts will be moved to respond in a positive manner 1+1+1 = 1 no just kidding 3!

Other than that.....

twobits.jpg

I believe that it is based on what your peers think about what and how you post. If what you post is scriptural and supportive of others, than others give you points/kudos which count as your reputation. I could be wrong, though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

The reputation points really don't mean anything, they came with the new software, It has something to do with people clicking on the plus sign on your post. I really means nothing!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The reputation points really don't mean anything, they came with the new software, It has something to do with people clicking on the plus sign on your post. I really means nothing!

If ti means nothing and has nothing with people clicking the plus signs, how and why do the numbers grow?

That said, I am in favor of getting rid of them all together. They remind me of a popularity votes in grade school.

If ti means nothing and has nothing with people clicking the plus signs, how and why do the numbers grow?

That said, I am in favor of getting rid of them all together. They remind me of a popularity votes in grade school.

I gave you a + for that comment. : )

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you friends. I still have yet to see those plus signs you guys talked about. I wasn't even aware of them. probably a lot more out there aren't either. I am sorry if didn't hit that plus when i read your posts if it offended you that I didn't. Yeah, i can see the grade school popularity thing, in fact it was one of the reasons that I asked this question about reputation. It makes you think about the verses throughout God's Word about respecting persons, favoritism, and the like. It, green rectangle, is made so prominent that one can't ignore it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

On some forums if you like a post someone made you place a thumbs up to show that you agree. To me the green + mark in the bottom right hand side oc the comments you post is like a thumbs up. I do not see it as a grade school popularity contest, I see it as an 'at a boy for the good post.

Or: :thumbsup: if I liked what you said, or the way you explained something.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thank you friends. I still have yet to see those plus signs you guys talked about. I wasn't even aware of them. probably a lot more out there aren't either. I am sorry if didn't hit that plus when i read your posts if it offended you that I didn't. Yeah, i can see the grade school popularity thing, in fact it was one of the reasons that I asked this question about reputation. It makes you think about the verses throughout God's Word about respecting persons, favoritism, and the like. It, green rectangle, is made so prominent that one can't ignore it.

Look at the bottom right of each post. There is a green plus sign with a number to the right, but there will not be one on your own post so you can't give yourself credits. If the number is zero, the color is blue. If it is 1 or more, the number is green.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Yeah, It has to do with the plus sign, however I know some people that click on every plus in a whole thread! LOL so therefore it really does not mean as much! Yes I wish we could get rid of it but we are stuck with it.