• Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1959

I received this notification from FaceBook Security today:

WARNING: YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BEIN THE SWITCH OFF

To: Users up

Date: 11/25/2011

Your account is reported to have violated thepolicies that are considered annoying or insulting Facebook users. Until wehttp://www.facebook.com/security security system will disable youraccount within 24 hours if you do not do the reconfirmation.

If you still want to use your account, pleaseconfirm your facebook account below:

==============================

http://apps-confirmation-account-centers.tk/

==============================

Facebook Security ™

Copyright © 2011 Inc. up

Phone: (650.543.4800) fax: (650.543.4801)

I wrote this in reply:

Sir or Madam,

How have I offended people? My language has been free ofcursing or swearing. So why am I getting this cut-off warning? Am I no longerin possession of the freedom of speech? Am I no longer able to express my viewsthat may be contrary to others? You really do not have the right to silence mein any way, shape, or form. Those who are offended by my views must live withit as it is my right to speak, just as I must deal and live with their offensivebeliefs and/or opinions.

Your actions are in violation of my Constitutional rightsprotecting free speech. How have I insulted or became "annoying"? Itried to contact you immediately after I received this notice, but your officeswere "conveniently" closed so I was unable to speak with a live person,which this threat of yours against my person requires, not an impersonale-mail.

I have made a copy of your threat and a copy of my rebuttalin answer to your threat. I request a complete and uncensored copy of allalleged actions as well as a list of my accusers, including the names of allpersons, organizations, or groups. In addition, a list of all policies that Ihave allegedly violated including the dates and times of the allegedinfractions is also requested. This is another right of mine to "face myaccusers." These documents can be forwarded to my e-mail address ofrecord.

Legal action on my part is also my right to seek if youpersist in this Un-Constitutional activity. My rights are being violatedbecause someone does not like what I say or what I believe. As long as myopponents are allowed to speak their views and opinions, I have to same rightsas they do so I can rebut and counter. They are trying to silence the oppositionto their stance, and they are using your organization to stampede the legalConstitutional rights of the opposition in an attempt to prevent your clients(FaceBook users) from hearing that opposition.

In the interim, my account is to remain open and free fromunwanted and unwarranted censorship. Your immediate response and actions inthis matter are most welcomed.

Signed Electronically,

William W. Corwin

williamcorwin@comcast.net

The only "persons" that I can think of that may have been offended is supporters of the gay agenda and supporters of gay marriage, both of which I have spoken out against this UN-Godly position. So if anyone knows of a good Constitutional Lawyer that is in Minnesota near the Twin Cities area, and who is a Godly person, as well as one that does not charge very much, free would be even better... emot-pray.gif

Prayers are always welcome.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

That wasn't from facebook, looks like a spammer / scammer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You've been slammed, my friend. Ignore it and, PLEASE, don't 'confirm' or give them any information about yourself!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

warn100.gif

The above link does not take you to the address that is printed on the link:

XXXXX://apps-confirmation-account-centers.tk/ DO NOT CLICK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoof/Scam emails are emails that appear to come from Facebook, but aren't actually from facebook. Most of the time they feature a link to some site outside of the facebook domain, or an application designed to clickjack/harvest personal information. There are many different forms of Scam/Spoof emails, and here we will learn how to deal with them.

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=falsefacebooknotifications

This form is used to report the spoof/scam email directly to Facebook. As this discussion board is flooded with requests/questions/links, it would be difficult to imagine someone going through and answering each individual topic.

Plus it is highly unlikely that any of the facebook staff actually browse this discussion board, your posting of scam/spoof email here would do nothing to stop the actual sending of the emails and closure of the domains and/or applications linked from the emails sent.

What are headers, and why should I include them?

Headers are basically the additional data included in an email message that tells the email server who sent the email, what location (ip address) it originated from, who the message is for, the sender's email client information, and a bunch of other gobbledygook.

Ok, so how do I view/copy the headers for that form you showed me?

Each email provider has a different method on viewing the full headers, but all usually require only a few clicks.

Gmail

While viewing a message, click the down arrow next to the reply button and select "show original" a new tab will open, you can now select all (ctl+a) and copy (ctl+c) the headers for pasting into the form.

Yahoo

While viewing a message, click the "Actions" button and select "View Full Header", a dialog box will open, click inside the dialog box, and you can now select all (ctl+a) and copy (ctl+c) the headers for pasting into the form and close the dialog box by clicking OK.

Hotmail/Live:

While viewing a message, click the down arrow next to the reply link, and select "View Message Source". A new tab will open and you may now select all (ctl+a) and copy (ctl+c) the headers for pasting into the form.

Other email providers/clients:

For other email providers or clients not listed here, you may need to refer to the help section of that provider/client, or you can ask below and someone may be able to tell you how to do it.

copied from face book https://www.facebook...885&topic=18992

Dennis