• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

This is an evil spirit and it is so appealing to the flesh that it is extremely hard to resist.

Thank you jamie. For me this situation is in no way appealing. It's unwanted. I feel a lot better right now then I did when I got up this morning. I put on my gospel cd's very loud and sang and worshipped God. There's this peace that's over me, because I know that He's with me. I feel Him. I won't and neither will God allow this to be a stumbling block in my walk with Him. Like the song is saying that I'm listening to right now. I've made up my mind that i'm going to win. I'm running with Jesus I'm going on. Thank all of you.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand crusader

I didn't know. I've only been here a short time and evidentally stillwaters has only been here a short time. It seems like forever to me because in that short time, I have managed to get into a lot of hot water.

Of course you would not change your avatar and I was extremely out of line to even suggest that you do so. I had never met you before, not a very good excuse, and if I am smart, I won't be around much longer anyway.

This is an excellent board, very large and lots of activity, choices.

Edited by Kandi

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I understand crusader

I didn't know.

My job to apologize for taking topic off line Jacqui

I do hope you try pen and paper. I read the others and they are all good ideas. You could probably combine them.

I have had thoughts/dreams as you have. Fortunately I was able to deal with them on my own. You are very fortunate to have Worthy behind you.

Good luck

Edited by Kandi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Set yor thoughts on things above! I know it's easy to say and hard to do; but the way is narrow with many temptations! Those who are overcomers of temptations are highly favored of the Lord; because He is jealous and wants to be your first Love!

The Lord is the one we desire to marry; thats where the whole concept of marriage is from! We learn to be faithful to our one on earth , as a shadow of faithfulness to our true Love of Him in heaven!

And more blessed if we stay single, so that the Lord can be our main and most focus of devotion, but few are able in this day of sensuality!

The more we take each thought into captivity, and dwell on our first love and the word; the easier it is to walk in the spirit, instead of the flesh!

Agape; Ephraim :t2:

No trouble Kandi and thanks for the advise Shammah.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

The more your beliefs are correct, and the more you serve God through grace the more salvation you will experience.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have to agree with others here. The Word says resist the devil and he will flee from you. Keep resisting! Make sure you go out of your way to not even walk by him. As you continue to resist these thougths they will flee. Some sooner than others though, but the Word is always true!

I too had this happen to me and you have to realize the devil is ALWAYS offering opportunities for us to fall. You have to recognize this is an opportunity from him. I would actually speak to my thoughts and correct them. These thoughts are against Gods Word which makes them a lie. Whe Word says the truth will set you free. Speak the truth ( being the Word ) to your thought life right now. As you continue to do this you will notice it will start to become less and less till one day you will realize it is no longer an issue. Remember to bring ever thought captive! The word wouldn't say this unless our thought life would be an area of attack. An old saying says you can't stop a bird from flying over you but you can keep him from building a nest in your hair. This is so true.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

it sou nds to me as if you are lonely, looking for some companionship.....

see if there are any Christian Singles groups in your area..... go to their meetings...

you will find people from all denominations... and maybe even one from your own church.....

you will be able to have fellowship and studies with other single Christians....

there are a few in my area..... ( Kans, Okla, Missouri corner )

a good way to meet other people and have conversations with them with out having the threat or temptation of being alone with some one that you do not know....

these groups can range in age from 18 - 80 ( seriously, )

if you have temptation that is one thing, to act on temptation is where we get in trouble... to dwell on the same temptation, that is allowing this temptation to sink into the heart..... this we do not want either......

if you find that no matter what you do, when you get around this person, you end up having these thoughts about him, then I ( myself ) would try and distance myself from him..... that way i would be less apt to be thinking about him....

another thing to do, is to take the focus off of you and pray for them ( him and his wife, ) that they become closer and closer to each other.... and that you may grow stronger in the Lord.... read more, study more, worship more.....

I found that when I was trying to keep from drinking... I would read the Bible, and well, it was kind of hard to read the Bible and drink beer at the same time... coffee is one thing, beer was totally different... then I started doing a time line on graph paper and then it was hard to even smoke or drink and work on it.... for it was contant work with the hands... and I didnt miss it..... didnt even think about missing the trash i was usually doing.......

I hope that you are touched in such a way that you can love them both with no lust involved.....

your friend, and brother...

mike

pray for them ( him and his wife, ) that they become closer and closer to each other....

I actually did this this morning. I alway prayed that they would become closer to God and that God would bless thier unborn child. When I look at this person I don't feel anything sexual toward him so these thoughts that I'm having just doesn't fit. Thanks for the advise.

God Bless You

Jacqueline