• i have no idea

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

i just want to clairify what i believe about this issue.

i believe the universe is 14 billion years old and that the earth as scripture says in its begining "was void and without form" was billions of years old.

But when God started working on the earth to get it ready for mankind, that is the day 1 the scripture speaks of in Genesis.

"was void and without form"

And it still would be void without form, if it was like that in the beginning

The universe already existed for something to come from it. It was never created

Doug is making a valid point, I think. The first and only creative act that occupied the first day was the making of light. Prior to this the scene is set by telling us that a might wind (or the spirit of God) swept over the surface of the waters. The earth was present, but it was without form. I am left with the distinct impression that a vast ocean existed prior to the first creative act. Does anyone else see it this way? There is no account of God making the waters. They seemed already to exist.

Doug's posts were deleted and not on the site. How did you come upon this?

i believe the universe is 14 billion years old and that the earth as scripture says in its begining "was void and without form" was billions of years old.

But when God started working on the earth to get it ready for mankind, that is the day 1 the scripture speaks of in Genesis.

The universe already existed for something to come from it. It was never created

Doug is making a valid point, I think. The first and only creative act that occupied the first day was the making of light. Prior to this the scene is set by telling us that a might wind (or the spirit of God) swept over the surface of the waters. The earth was present, but it was without form. I am left with the distinct impression that a vast ocean existed prior to the first creative act. Does anyone else see it this way? There is no account of God making the waters. They seemed already to exist.

Doug's posts were deleted and not on the site. How did you come upon this?

I was typing a post, went away to have supper and when I came back it was on the screen, so I responded to it.

Thank you ... surprised you did not refresh your screen before you replied to see what else was said.

Thank you ... surprised you did not refresh your screen before you replied to see what else was said.

I believe I did. I completed my post and then saw his. You must have deleted it after I clicked on reply. That was a short stay. What did he do?

He posted before 7:30 and you posted at 9:20. Your timing is off by two hours, that is why I asked. He was a returning banned member. The member just can't create another account when they are banned, they must email the boards to discuss coming back.

Edited due to my error. Doug posted at 5:03, that was almost 4 1/2 hours later when you posted.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

He was a returning troll. My apologies, he posts so often we let one slip through the cracks and you replied to it.

Day One - - - God Created

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Day Four - - - God Created

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 4:14-17

~

But when God started working on the earth to get it ready for mankind, that is the day 1 the scripture speaks of in Genesis....

The universe already existed for something to come from it. It was never created....

Doug is making a valid point, I think. The first and only creative act that occupied the first day was the making of light. Prior to this the scene is set by telling us that a might wind (or the spirit of God) swept over the surface of the waters. The earth was present, but it was without form. I am left with the distinct impression that a vast ocean existed prior to the first creative act. Does anyone else see it this way? There is no account of God making the waters. They seemed already to exist....

Doug Don't Know Genesis; A Peek Into The Power And The Might Of Jesus

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Nor Will He Believe In LORD Jesus Christ And Let Him In

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Will You Really Put Your Trust In Doug

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

So?

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/17/1969

1- I think the physical universe is likely millions-trillions of years old.

2- I think about 6000 yrs ago God brought life on earth back into existence after something had destroyed it (God's wrath, angel wars, rebellion, another species' sin...)

3- I think after Jesus' return, the destruction of all that is sinful, and the restoring of the earth 'again', He will continue to create new forms of life; possibly something different from humans or angels. I believe this due to God's love being so vast, His ability being limitless, and a universe He made that will hold an innumerable host. Maybe he'll create another race of beings and a fraction of them will 'choose' life just as 2/3 of the angels did and a much smaller percentage of mankind did. I also hold this opinion due to the many references in the Word of the children of God someday ruling/reigning over peoples, our being kings etc... I'm just guessing that we'll be given much more responsibilities once we've been tried-by-fire and God has perfected us. And FYI, this can easily be totally wrong and just conjecture/theorizing in my mind. Makes no difference to me. I'm trusting in His wisdom to do what is best for us all.

4- I put very little stock in certain scientific measurements. You'll note the massive variations in most universal dating. A lot of it is mere guessing based on our very limited understanding of the universe. If you have nothing to use as a 100% accurate reference point in dating, it's only guessing to label numbers to specific events. You can often identify that DD happened after AA, and GG happened after DD, so GG was clearly after AA, but most all of it is relative relationships. There's really not much science can give you an actual date about. You can bring in red-shifts, background radiation, etc etc... at the end of the day it is all still relative and filled with guessing without an accurate reference point from which to measure. None of it matters to me though.

my two-cents

2- I think about 6000 yrs ago God brought life on earth back into existence after something had destroyed it (God's wrath, angel wars, rebellion, another species' sin...)

3- I think after Jesus' return, the destruction of all that is sinful, and the restoring of the earth 'again', He will continue to create new forms of life; possibly something different from humans or angels. I believe this due to God's love being so vast, His ability being limitless, and a universe He made that will hold an innumerable host. Maybe he'll create another race of beings and a fraction of them will 'choose' life just as 2/3 of the angels did and a much smaller percentage of mankind did. I also hold this opinion due to the many references in the Word of the children of God someday ruling/reigning over peoples, our being kings etc... I'm just guessing that we'll be given much more responsibilities once we've been tried-by-fire and God has perfected us. And FYI, this can easily be totally wrong and just conjecture/theorizing in my mind. Makes no difference to me. I'm trusting in His wisdom to do what is best for us all.

4- I put very little stock in certain scientific measurements. You'll note the massive variations in most universal dating. A lot of it is mere guessing based on our very limited understanding of the universe. If you have nothing to use as a 100% accurate reference point in dating, it's only guessing to label numbers to specific events. You can often identify that DD happened after AA, and GG happened after DD, so GG was clearly after AA, but most all of it is relative relationships. There's really not much science can give you an actual date about. You can bring in red-shifts, background radiation, etc etc... at the end of the day it is all still relative and filled with guessing without an accurate reference point from which to measure. None of it matters to me though.

my two-cents..

They Lie ~ My Two-Cents

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. Proverbs 21:2

Creation or Chaos

There was a time when scientists regarded the universe as the handiwork of God. But most modern scientists operate on the assumption that God is a myth, that the universe is an entity caused and ruled by chance. Nonsense, says Dr. R.C. Sproul in Creation or Chaos: Modern Science and the Existence of God.

The relationship between science and faith is controversial — even among Christians. This series addresses the most fundamental issue in the dispute. By showing the logical absurdity of the chaos theory of the universe and the supreme rationality of creation, Creation or Chaos can help you take a confident and credible stand for Christ.

Lecture 4, What Is Chance?:

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/series/creation_or_chaos/what-is-chance/

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

my two-cents

I am intrigued by your statement for # 1 & 2. Did you hear,that somewhere or is it your own creative idea? I have heard # 2 by some cults, but where did you get these humorous ideas?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

my two-cents

I am intrigued by your statement for # 1 & 2. Did you hear,that somewhere or is it your own creative idea? I have heard # 2 by some cults, but where did you get these humorous ideas?

that theory about god repopulating the earth from statement #2 comes from a misunderstanding of the hebrew word replenish from the genesis account of mans creation.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

my two-cents

that theory about god repopulating the earth from statement #2 comes from a misunderstanding of the hebrew word replenish from the genesis account of mans creation.

I assume you are aware that #2 is actually taught in some churches. It is known as the gap theory, and was invented in the 1800's as a way to harmonize the 6 days of creation with the 5 billion years of evolution.