thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i seem to be asking these alot, maybe you could help me out like you all ave dont so many countless times this year:

why does it feel im on borrowed time and dont belong here?

are there good and bad guys if god loves us all?

if my life is a perfect journey directed by god, is my sin deliberate so i can learn from it, or do i still have control over where my life can go?

are our good deeds ultimatly irrelevant?

can we REALLY change the world?

are any of us differant or are we all the same?

when is it right or wrong to question?

any help is much appriciated

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear thereaperman,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I am assuming you are open to my non-christian interpretation to your questions. If I am incorrect, please feel free to ignore the rest of this message,

I don't know the answer to that. The feeling of belonging somewhere is relative from person to person. Have you been able to connect with anyone here? Have you been able to read and agree with anything that has been written here? The more your answers are affirmative, the more this feeling of belonging will grow.

I don't know about god, since I'm an atheist. However, I can try to answer the first part of your question. I feel that we are all essentially human, and humans do fail from time to time. I try not to lable people as good or bad, but look to their actions as being good or bad.

if my life is a perfect journey directed by god, is my sin deliberate so i can learn from it, or do i still have control over where my life can go?

Again, I wouldn't know about your life being directed by god, or your sins being deliberate, since I'm an atheist. I can tell you that in my experience, I have learned from my mistakes, and I sincerely try not to repeat those mistakes. Doing this, striving for being the best person I can be, gives me the feeling that I control where my life can go.

I believe each and every individual has the potential to change the world. Even if my influence is mundane, I may influence someone who could influence others who are in power to decide on an issue in a positive direction. I live with the hope of changing the world for the better. That hope survives through my children when I pass.

are any of us different or are we all the same?

Yes and yes. We are all different and we are all the same at the same time. I think at the very basics, we are all human, and since we are here on this message board, we all share the common ability to type on a computer as well as having some command over the English language. We are different, because we believe in different things, we feel differently about different stimuli, etc. I think it is a wonderful world where people can be so different yet be the same in certain respects. Don't you?

I think it is always right to question. I do it all the time. I think questionning is an avenue for personal growth. The key is to gather lots of potential answers to those questions, and decide for yourself which are pertinent. The right to question, however should be done in the right place and the right time, when an open and undefensive answer can be elicited.

I hope I have been able to give you some answers that may be relevant from a non-christian perspective.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

i seem to be asking these alot, maybe you could help me out like you all ave dont so many countless times this year:

why does it feel im on borrowed time and dont belong here? -- what is your relation to Jesus Christ?

-- This is a paradox that is not easily answered.

On the one hand

Ps 7:11  God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.
And on the other
Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-- Jesus warns us of the broad road to destruction and to keep on the strait and narrow path to life. We do have the ability to choose which path we want to be on.

are our good deeds ultimatly irrelevant?

-- Good deeds are only those done at God's direction. All deeds done in the flesh whether "good or bad" are dead in the eyes of God.

-- Only God can change the world. He does this through a person that is yeilded to His will.

are any of us differant or are we all the same?

-- What do you mean different? We are all unique individuals, and in that regard none of us are alike. Yet we are all human beings decended from Adam and Eve.

-- I believe the only dumb question is the question not asked.

any help is much appriciated

-- you are welcome hope these breif answers helped in some way.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The writer of Ecclesiastes often bemoaned the "meaninglessness of life" or rather "it's all in vain". Are you experiencing this? Perhaps you could do a study of Ecclesiastes - you might be pleasently surprized :laugh:

all too often i get overcome with sadness. turns out my dad IS free of cancer BUT still has years marked against his life somehow... things get too much and i do question my existance and the futility of the world we live in at times. will give ecclesiaties a try :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

all too often i get overcome with sadness. turns out my dad IS free of cancer BUT still has years marked against his life somehow... things get too much and i do question my existance and the futility of the world we live in at times. will give ecclesiaties a try :laugh:

:hug: Life can certainly be a weary struggle at times.

Remember the Word of the Lord gives us strength:

(Psalm 55:22 KJV)

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee

Matt 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (KJV)

Luke 12:6-7

6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (KJV)

(Romans 8:37 KJV)

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

Isaiah 40:31 KJV)

(31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew {their} strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; {and} they shall walk, and not faint.

Philippians 4:6-7 KJV)

(6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Hello thereaperman :wub:

Maybe you feel that the people here are good people and your not a good person and the only people who belong here are good people?? without a more detailed expression of your feelings i can only speculate on that question?

There are No Good guys on planet earth. Jesus said that No man is good OK. But we can embrace in our hearts/minds what is good and admit that we are not good, we can hate what is bad. That

when i said about not belonging here, i didnt mean this board, i ment being alive in general, i dont feel i belong here anymore. i keep getting.....visions of another world, or place, or somewhere im not and think i want to be when i meditate

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

when i said about not belonging here, i didnt mean this board, i ment being alive in general, i dont feel i belong here anymore. i keep getting.....visions of another world, or place, or somewhere im not and think i want to be when i meditate

Looks like i was no the wrong track then :blink: sorry about that.

Well i yearn to be home in that world too. This place in not my home and yes i would be happy to die in my sleep tonight. But we are hear for a purpose to serve Our God and to reach out to others. So i hope for a early mark but while i

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

What is the other place you see in the vision? on another note, have you looked at the Whats in a name thread. You reveal a lot about yourself.

LT