• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Why? Because it's true?

The only problem with that, is that the article isn't actually true...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

You have got to be kidding me.....

I am not kidding. I am grieved!!!!!

Do you believe everything you read? That link you gave is nothing more than religious paranoia and legalism. Please...what happened to the Holy Spirit being the One who brings conviction? What happened to grace?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

And Super Jew...I can't believe you defended a band like Hidden in Plain View. Honestly man, have you no shame?

:b:

LOL......if you want, I'll defend Dashboard Confessionals, Blink 182, and the Ataris :huh:

And Super Jew...I can't believe you defended a band like Hidden in Plain View.  Honestly man, have you no shame?

:huh:

LOL......if you want, I'll defend Dashboard Confessionals, Blink 182, and the Ataris :blink:

Har.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

LOL You need to read your bible more.

How can you substantiate this? You laugh at it and tell me to read my bible yet cannot offer proof to contradict my claim. The reason you can't is because it's not there. You will not find your stance in the Bible. Satan does not need to hide. He knocks on the front door and decieves people that way. That is why back-masking contradicts what we know to be Satan's strategy. Satan didn't leave any hidden messages or guise his evil when tempting Jesus. He laid it all there and laid his deciet outfront, there was no need to hide it.

Matt. 16:22  Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

John 13:25  He then lying on Jesus

1) I responded to your post Larry and showed you why the application of the scripture you used was wrong.

2) The other scriptures talk about deceit, lies, and secret things. All of these refer to actions we try to keep hidden. The point in back-masking is that:

a) We don't know when it's happening

b) It's been proven to not be useful anyway

c) Back masking has been proven to be the least of anyone's spiritual worries

d) Music has been proven to be a result of a person's lifestyle and not vice versa.

So really, larry....any stance you had on this issue is lost. It would be better to argue against blatant Satanic music, or music that promotes Satanism, or Satanic lyrics...then to attack a certain genre of music.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This is a recent study, the conclusion is below which states the jury is still out as to PROOF. As I stated earlier it has not been proven. "The debate is ongoing..."

In any way, the general public only has a limited amount of knowledge on this topic, namely Vicary

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Mozart's music was considered satanic by the religious leadership of that time. So was Bethoveen's. Music that does not fit into a particular taste of the time has been considered evil. Look a Elvis. His music was called evil. What makes music evil is the lyrics. Look at Rap and Hip-Hop. Almost all songs from that particular style advocate some form of violence and sexual activity. Look at such styles of music as "Death Metal", and "Industrial". Even most of the heavy metal groups out there there songs have lyrics that advocate violence and even devil worshipping in them. I listen to country music. I like it for its simplicity, melody, and the fact I can understand what is being sung. Granted there are a few songs that are not necessarily godly, but it is a far cry from some of these styles that outright advocate devil worship and committing murders. :sam: :prayer

This is a recent study, the conclusion is below which states the jury is still out as to PROOF.  As I stated earlier it has not been proven.  "The debate is ongoing..."

In any way, the general public only has a limited amount of knowledge on this topic, namely Vicary

As for the lyrics, that has to be on a band-depending basis. Not every hardcore or metal band out there advocates violence and condones evil...same goes for hip-hop/rap. I'm not even referring to Christian rock at the moment. There are a lot of clean, secular bands out there...lyrical depth may be lacking, but it is clean.

Other than that, you would be right.

Oh, one also has to consider the beliefs and points of view of the musician him/herself. If the musician carries an improper stance upon a certain topic, then it would be valid to no longer support that band, regardless of how good, clean or Christian they were.