• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Sail2,

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

So when do you think the "Christian AGE" began? Before or after the cross? Was there any GENTILES following Jesus during His ministry? Or trusted Him for who He was? Such as the centurion or the Samaritan or perhaps others I can't think of off hand?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sail2,

If the gospel wasn't preached to the gentiles until you say it was, What Was Jesus telling the samaritan woman at the well?

eric.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Sail2,

If the gospel wasn't preached to the gentiles until you say it was, What Was Jesus telling the samaritan woman at the well?

eric.

It isn't about what I say it says. It is about what it actually says. I do not determine when the Gospel was preached to the Gentiles, but am merely pointing out what the Bible says in this regard

and how about that one who asked, even insisted, that the masters of the house even leaves crumbs for the hungery.

Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

This is very rare, not because she was a samaritan, but because Christ never revealed this fact to the Jews. He only asked them who they think He is.

Apparently this is another one of those shadows speaking of those things which were and are to come. i say shadow, because the mystery of the Gentiles being equally yoked in Christ and the teachings of the Gospel of the coming Kingdom were not told to this woman, as Christ merely identified Himself.

Edited by sail2awe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Greetings Sail2,

Additionally, it was not given to know the full extent of the Gospel until the prison epistles.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry I been gone for so long.

to simplify this all, Israel had one calling which was individual to it. there promises are not everyones. they rejected the kingdom which was hoped to come. in Acts 1 we see the question asked to Christ if He would fulfill everything and return, but He could not. Next the Gospel of the New Covenant was sent out to both Jew and Gentile, where Paul also wrote 7 epistles to them. Once the goal was not realized, and removed from offer in Acts 28:28, the Gospel of the Mystery was sent forth to all Nations and the offer removed from the Jews and Gentiles. Paul also wrote 7 epistles to complement the new teachings and revelations set forth by them. Each dispensation has its own adoption, grace, hope and glory, with there own instruction and practices.

Edited by sail2awe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Sail2Awe,

Please take your time and carefully read the introduction to chapters 9, 10 and 11 of Romans. You will see that they are addressed to the Jews or ABOUT the Jews, however, you want to read it.

God has NOT forsaken the Jews, whom He foreknew, and for the sake of the "Fathers" - Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, God still has a day when HE will turn the hearts of Israel back to Him through the administration of the Gospel, just as God now ministers it to the Gentiles. In that day, according to Romans 11:30-31, it will be the "believers at that time" who will minister the Gospel to the Jews.

Please read these chapters several times, THEN combine that with a thorough reading of Eph. 1-3, where Christ, as a carpenter is currently building "a habitation wherein God shall dwell through His Holy Spirit", and it will consist of BOTH Jew and Gentile. BUT that "habitation" will not be complete until the "fulness of the Gentiles be come in (to the Kingdom of God), and then the "fulness of Israel" is completed.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Hello All :t2:

I would like to hear the thoughts you have on what the Word Gospel means. Maybe this sounds like a basic question but i am interested also in the boundaries of the Word Gospel, what does it encompass? Is it just the message of salvation through the Messiah Jesus or does it include other things? Is the Gospel specific scripture or is it dealt with in all books of the bible?

Looking forward to some thoughts.

Blessings to all :hug:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

"Gospel" means "good news" as everyone knows.

The good news is that our Creator and God became flesh and then gave His sinless life in exchange for our sins which carry the penalty of death.

The entire "GOSPEL" encompasses a lot more than that one sentence...but at it's most basic, I think this is the simplest definition of what that "good news" is.

"who" God is, "what" He did and "how" He did this, "why" it had to be done this way, "where" and "when" are all things that should be reported, of course.

the Gospel of the New Covenant was sent out to both Jew and Gentile, where Paul also wrote 7 epistles to them. Once the goal was not realized, and removed from offer in Acts 28:28, the Gospel of the Mystery was sent forth to all Nations and the offer removed from the Jews and Gentiles

this seems kinda goofy. :t2:

All nations ARE the gentiles. :t2:

What "goal" was not realized? Was God impotent to fulfill His plan and have to go to plan B?

No offer of salvation has been "removed" from anyone, jews or the nations. Everything is going as planned from the foundation of the earth.

the Gospel of the New Covenant was sent out to both Jew and Gentile, where Paul also wrote 7 epistles to them. Once the goal was not realized, and removed from offer in Acts 28:28, the Gospel of the Mystery was sent forth to all Nations and the offer removed from the Jews and Gentiles

this seems kinda goofy. :t2:

All nations ARE the gentiles. :t2:

What "goal" was not realized? Was God impotent to fulfill His plan and have to go to plan B?

No offer of salvation has been "removed" from anyone, jews or the nations. Everything is going as planned from the foundation of the earth.

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Had the goal of the coming Kingdom been realized, Christ would have come at that time, but it was not. there after the Mystery was made known unto Paul, but the message was no longer offered to the Jews.

whether or not it sounds silly is irrevelant, it is a fact that the teachings changed at a definite time, and Pauls letters reflect that change, as do the hope and promise of adoption.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Here, it is not to spiritual people, nor the church, but the flesh kinsman of Israel. Israel was the firstborn of all the nations [Gen10] even though there were 70 other nations who pre existed Israel. So, this is one aspect of blessing. Their hope, their glory is to become priestly kings. Below a

I'm not going to read a novel online. Please keep your answers simple and brief if you want them to be seen.

Had the goal of the coming Kingdom been realized, Christ would have come at that time, but it was not. there after the Mystery was made known unto Paul, but the message was no longer offered to the Jews.

And this "mystery" was written BEFORE the Cross...before even the birth of the Messiah. What does this tell us?

That it was always the GOAL that this Kingdom would expand to the gentiles. This message is not only still offered to the jews, it is still offered to them PRIMARILY and yet equally to the gentiles.

Romans 1:16 - I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

whether or not it sounds silly is irrevelant, it is a fact that the teachings changed at a definite time, and Pauls letters reflect that change, as do the hope and promise of adoption.

no teachings "changed"

The understanding of the Father's ultimate plan for bringing the gentiles into the covenants made with Israel was being revealed. It's all going according to Plan A