turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

First, empathy :consoling2: and heartfelt hugs :emot-hug: to those of you out there lacking the togetherness of this season.

In my youth, I remember how I'd hear about some people dreading Christmas. Because it only represented bittersweet memories of a happier past ( due to their loved ones having passed on. So now it was instead an occasion of true loneliness and sadness for them.)

As a child, I simply could not imagine Christmas as anything but merry... But in time, came my own aging and thus the deaths of those dearest to me. And now I finally understand... So my heart goes out to you who are suffering sorrow at this time of year. :(

Perhaps you might shrug off what I say and point out to me that 'JESUS is the reason for the season.' This is so very true! And I assure you I am doing my best to focus on the TRUE MEANING...Remembering how God actually put flesh on to dwell among us as Emmanuel ( which means 'God with us' ), lived a perfect Life ( which qualified Him as the ONLY One able to die as the Sacrifice Lamb to cleanse us with His Blood shed on the cross ) and arose from the grave victorious. Knowing this causes gratitude and reason to rejoice. :emot-dance:

But even so, it is still a struggle to not feel cheated somehow about being separated from my family/friends. Silly as it sounds, I do find myself fantasizing and wishing that I could go back in time. Seeing through the wonder of the eyes of a little girl once again. Anyone relating to this? But this in no way minimizes the miracle of the virgin birth and the Atonement of Messiah. It just means I'm a sentimental human who misses the people once such a meaningful part of her life.

I hope this brings a sort of comfort to those 'feeling bummed out' to just know that others are going through these emotions, too...And I would sure like this to be food for thought and to spawn a conversation amongst others who are in this situation. But I am asking please for sensitive responses only ( in consideration to those encountering this inner turmoil. Thanks. :thumbs_up: ) Blessings to you. And wishing you all a merry ( or tolerable as possible, if you are lonely) holiday. :wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I do empathize, believe me!

I have my kids and grand kids here. And my mother in law. They will all be here tomorrow and that is great.

But this year specially, I have been missing those Christmas times when I was a little girl. Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa. They have both been gone since the 60's. Christmas with aunts, uncles, and cousins from both sides of the family, and my Sister. And most of all Christmas with my Mom and Dad. Many of them, including Mom and Dad, are gone now too. The ones that aren't are too far scattered far and wide or just plain too far away for Christmas get togethers.

I have to focus on Jesus and the reason we are celebrating too. If I didn't, I think I could get really down this time of year.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Yes as Time goes on and we get longer in the tooth, we will from year to year be saying goodbye to old friends and family until it is our turn for God to call us home. Yet as elders of our clans (families), we must remember what Christmas is all about and remind our younger members of the clan (Grandchildren and such) what Christmas is all about.

Enjoy Christmas and remember in a short time we will be meeting our old friends and family once again and we will have the grandest Christmas celebration of all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/23/1977

I understand. This christmas it's just me and the dog. I haven't lost any loved ones since i was 24, but I am unable to visit my family due to financial limitations. I may not have the best relationship with all my family, but I miss spending the holidays with them and participating in our family traditions.

I will sing happy birthday to Jesus tomorrow and remember why we celebrate his birth, but still a bit down and lonely. I will hug God and my dog tomorrow and be thankful for what I have and thankful for the families that get to share the holidays.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I suppose most of us here have lived long enough to have lost a loved one or two. Tomorrow my Dad, whom we call Pop will be 93 years of age.

My mom died in 1987. I have seen all but one of my siblings this season, and have seen most of the grand-kids, so I am blessed.

I do remember and miss those childhood days when we were together for Christmas.

turtletwo, I wish for you a lovely day in spite of those who can not be with you this year. This wish is for all who will have less than satisfactory situations.

May God bless each of you.