People Don't really care

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Hello Mizzdy. I am doing a new post because I am unable to reply for some reason on another post.

Thankfully there is NO ACTUAL COMMAND to go to church. It might be suggested or recommended yes, but NOT commanded. The church is supposed to be a body. Scripture says if one member of the body suffers, the whole body is supposed to suffer. That is NOT the case in today's church. One member is able to suffer and the body ignores it. You can say that people are only human or make mistakes. It doesn't matter. Christians are supposed to live life ABOVE REPROACH. Christians are supposed to be the ABSOLUTE best people in society. I look around and I don't see anything. MANY Christians know I am suffering, but to help would interfere either their comfortable happy lives.

Even IF church were a command, church is simply an assembly of believers. Worthy is an assembly of believers. So I AM going to church when I AM on here. Command obeyed.

Taylor,

Well Taylor you have to be 'in the body' within a group of believers for the 'body' to see your needs don't you? How can say a body is supposed to help one another if you are physically with those people to see your needs. You are not 'going to church' here, yes I do believe this a fellowship yet it is also a internet discussion board, here we meet and talk of His word, discuss the various aspects, we can relate to one another over His word. But you need physical contact with believers, I image you will argue till the cows come home but I am here to tell you that you are to physically touch others lives also and we do that when we physically worship and join like minded believers.

I can see where some of your problems come from you just dont trust people, and it seems as if you do not trust God either. Hey many christians know I suffer also does that make you any different than me or countless others, how is anyone going to help you unless you trust someone enough to open up and let them know what it is you suffer about? Worthy is not an assembly of believers in the true sense of the Word, I cannot physically go and help Candice or Botz or even you thats why we told to gather, to not forsaking one another. The scriptures also tell us to confess to one another, you might want to do a study on what God says are assemblies instead of what you think it might be.

Your whole 'thankfully its not a command' speaks volumes about who you are and where you are in knowing Him. Have you ever once consider your own words? If the body suffers over one and that one will not and join himself to a physical body when he has the choice to do so he is outside of the body. Believe me the body suffers greatly over false teachings, false teachers, apostacy and the like just dont go blaming the body for your troubles because no one is responsible for your sins but yourself, if you dont want help fine but if you really do want someone to help you then you need to reach out to real life people also, get yourself plugged into a church and dont expect those people to fix your problems overnight. I also would recommend a good prayer session with God on your knees crying to Him asking what is His will because Taylor its not all about us to start with its about Him, His glory, His grace, His honor and not all about what people can do for you. Your are wrong in your thinking here, you need a physical body, doesnt have to be big could be a home fellowship, a bible study but you need that in your life. You have to give church a real chance, you have to let people get to know you so they can know how to help you. If you cannot do that then how could you ever be part of the priesthood, the bride in the kingdom? The bride gathers physically and not online so you see it is a physical body also.

shalom,

mizz

Hello Mizzdy. I am doing a new post because I am unable to reply for some reason on another post.

Thankfully there is NO ACTUAL COMMAND to go to church. It might be suggested or recommended yes, but NOT commanded. The church is supposed to be a body. Scripture says if one member of the body suffers, the whole body is supposed to suffer. That is NOT the case in today's church. One member is able to suffer and the body ignores it. You can say that people are only human or make mistakes. It doesn't matter. Christians are supposed to live life ABOVE REPROACH. Christians are supposed to be the ABSOLUTE best people in society. I look around and I don't see anything. MANY Christians know I am suffering, but to help would interfere either their comfortable happy lives.

Even IF church were a command, church is simply an assembly of believers. Worthy is an assembly of believers. So I AM going to church when I AM on here. Command obeyed.

Taylor, are you going out and visiting sick people? Perhaps you should noidea.gif. Or visit widows. Or orphans.

Can you go out and practice your religion?

Honestly I would love to. Unfortunately I am dealing with my own crisis right now and can't show compassion that I haven't experienced myself.

You might find you comfort each other emot-hug.gif.

But let me tell you something I learned painfully when I felt lonely and incredibly sad. 2 Cor 1. We comfort others with the comfort we have received from God. There is a spiritual lesson in this. We must learn how to sit and receive comfort from God. That is not something anyone else can teach you or impart into you. It is about sitting quietly, listening to Him, reading His Word, believing His promises. Only when you have learned to receive that comfort from God can you comfort others. That comfort is available in the here and now for you. So I urge you not to go through this bitter lonliness for no reason. Learn the lesson, learn how to receive His comfort. And then, cry out to the Lord, Lord if I am to be lonely, at least use that lonliness for your kingdom. Focus on the Lord and others above yourself. Because later on, once you've learned to receive His comfort, He can use you to comfort others. But right now, your focus is "me" and ideally we have died to self and live to serve the Lord, esteeming another higher than ourselves.

I am sure this will sound selfish but I can't get the comfort I require from God. God may be all powerful but he can't give me a hug or a shoulder to cry on. I need PHYSICAL comfort and God can't give me that. I am HUMAN and we require physical comfort which is why God said is NOT good for man to be alone.

Actually, God has provided. In His wisdom, He tells us not to avoid gathering together, as some have become accustomed. The method by which God provides that physical comfort is through His body, the Church. If you choose not to participate in His body in your local community, you are cutting that source of comfort off. Unfortunately, we cannot go to God and demand His comfort, but reject His wisdom that tells us how to receive it.

Apparently you haven't been reading all my posts. I DID go to church. I DID try to fellowship. I DID give people a chance. I only stopped those things AFTER I was rejected by my so called spiritual family. Spiritual family is false. I have NEVER seen ANY Christian show as much love and compassion to a stranger as they do to their own family. I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

Try another one which I am sure others have already suggested. We had 6 new people join us this weekend, all were greeted and made to feel welcomed. Each new member is treated the same, we get to know them, we find out if there are any needs they may have whether its spiritual or physical. Most churches if given the chance will do exactly that, dont go to a big huge church find a small gathering and allow Him to guide you, if you cannot let God into your heart then there is more wrong than you not being able to fit into a church. I know for a fact my pastor and his wife have allowed people to stay at their home when needed, I think you are just making excuses because you dont want to belong to a physical body. We all know how hard it is to find a 'home' find a place where we feel comfortable, most of us here also know how hard it is to put oneself out there to get out of our comfort zones and allow Him to put us where He wants us. Give it another try and if that doesnt work out then try another, find an outreach program that you might be able to work with, when we give we get back, its part of being in a physical body.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I, too, know how hard it is to get really involved with a church. You just go and feel like a spare tire and no one knows you. Or, maybe as happened to me, you get flat-out rejected.

Churches are basically social gatherings. Nothing wrong with that --- we all need social interaction. But let's call it for what it is. Any of us can sit home, watch Christian TV, listen to Christian music, read things on the internet, study independently. Anyone can learn anything they wish to about God apart from church. Churches provide social interaction. That can be a good thing, but people being what they are, can also be a hurtful thing, as Taylor and I have experienced.

I, too, know how hard it is to get really involved with a church. You just go and feel like a spare tire and no one knows you. Or, maybe as happened to me, you get flat-out rejected.

Churches are basically social gatherings. Nothing wrong with that --- we all need social interaction. But let's call it for what it is. Any of us can sit home, watch Christian TV, listen to Christian music, read things on the internet, study independently. Anyone can learn anything they wish to about God apart from church. Churches provide social interaction. That can be a good thing, but people being what they are, can also be a hurtful thing, as Taylor and I have experienced.

Your right there are way too many churches that are just social places where people go once a week. I wish you could come to my fellowship! sure we socialize yet we do so at oneg, potluck, and truly most of us are talking about Him what we learned during the talk, the coming scriptures for midrash. Our entire Sabbath is centered around Him. I always kid that I am a life long nonjoiner, I thought that I could sit behind this computer listen to talks, music, read and share with others and that it would be 'church' but I was wrong and gladly admit that. We need human interaction, we need to be apart of a physical body/church. I know when I first went to my fellowship and its a small one, well we went and left without saying a word to anyone. Second time we said hi and left yet it was the people who showed me and my husband what a 'family' is all about. We have been going there now for nearly a year and a half, and I wouldn't trade my experiences, my growth, my family for anything. I so wish others could find this! It takes time, it takes putting oneself out there, it takes not allowing others to make us feel small, let Him take you by the hand and plant you in a body that will build you up instead of dictating. Sometimes it does require us to maybe even walk out of denominations and find a small church where we can grow in Him.

Church provides much more than social interaction it provides structure, it shows a willingness to be apart of something greater than just ourselves, after all when we say 'I do' we are saying do with me as you will, add me to your body, it shows a heart attitude that we can take our will and set it aside and allow Him to work within us. We need one another, we need physical contact, church doesnt have to be a big building with hundreds of people it can be a gathering at home, at a park, in a coffee shop, but gathering is something He shows us so often. Imagine if Messiah had just sat in a house deciding everyone should come to Him I know thats an extreme example but it shows that we need to put ourselves out there a bit and let Him put you where He wishes you to be. I do speak from experience it took me nearly 10 years to find this out to be true.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

When I said churches are mostly social gatherings, I did not mean that as a negative. Our social needs are very legitimate and there's nothing wrong with a smile, handshake, hug or laugh shared with another human being. I believe those things to be therapeutic.

Look, I wish with all my heart that I could walk into a church and be embraced by the ones there --- pastors as well as lay people. But experience has shown me such is not the case.

For what it's worth, it's not easy to be in Taylor or my shoes. Churches today --- especially Protestant churches --- are all about families. Most churches want nothing to do with single guys over the age of, say, 25. We're regarded as stalkers, creeps, pedophiles or worse, even by people who haven't taken 30 seconds to get to know us. It's inaccurate, mean-spirited and it hurts!!!! You can't accurately paint a picture of an entire demographic like that. I've even been told it was wrong for me to visit said church (never understood that one) because I didn't have a personal invitation from someone there.

I'm new in a strange town. What am I supposed to do? Wait for you to get around to calling or show up on my door? I was trying to reach out to strangers, to be part of your fellowship, and yet wasn't welcome in the "club". And pastors wonder why attendance is decling?!?!?! So, for now, I figure the best thing for me is to perhaps do an online church where I can remain anonymous and not offend anyone by my presence in their midst.

OK, rant over!!! :taped:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Spiritual family is false. I have NEVER seen ANY Christian show as much love and compassion to a stranger as they do to their own family.

Spiritual family is exactly what we are as believers You may never have seen it modeled before you, but I have all my life. It's out there! Ask God to lead you there. He will.

I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

I have done just that---invited a woman I met online---I think it was from the Worthy chat room---and invited her to stay overnight at my house as she was traveling here. She did come and stay overnight.

Now if you want to ask how it went, well, that is another story!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

ah yes the desire to be with a wife. hmm i remember those days. got married and found out god is right. marriage alone doenst satisify and i need him to be that husband and i learn how carnal i am.

Yes its VERY selfish to want companionship. It has been suggested that CHURCH is the place where we can find companionship. HOWEVER as has been pointed out REPEATEDLY God should be enough. Therefore I would be wrong to do that even in church. Therefore I would like to ask honestly to ANYONE here this question.

If GOD is TRULY all we need, how is it NOT selfish for other people to want wives and friends. Did God himself not create the institution if marriage and friendships? How is it selfish for ME to want these things when its not selfish for others?

you will see if and when you do get married. you find out how selfish and carnal you are when you do have a child and wife. being single you dont see it. God uses persons to show us things of HIMSELF. a boy has taught me more about god then any sermon and doesnt even know it. you will also learn that christs love for the church is also to be reflected in and by you to your wife. meaning sometimes the wife must come first, and how that is often hard to do as the word teaches marriage is about you get not what you give to each other.

marriage is all about loving someone more then you! that is what i mean.

So then yes I am selfish and PROUD of it. Thousands of women every day murder their babies and poor people in my then regulate like rabbits and live on welfare. MOST people are selfish. Yes I don't want to be alone. I will do whatever I have to make sure that doesn't happen. You can judge all you want, I will NEVER feel bad or guilty for it. So yes. I am selfish and PROUD of it.

Taylor,

Well Taylor you have to be 'in the body' within a group of believers for the 'body' to see your needs don't you? How can say a body is supposed to help one another if you are physically with those people to see your needs. You are not 'going to church' here, yes I do believe this a fellowship yet it is also a internet discussion board, here we meet and talk of His word, discuss the various aspects, we can relate to one another over His word. But you need physical contact with believers, I image you will argue till the cows come home but I am here to tell you that you are to physically touch others lives also and we do that when we physically worship and join like minded believers.

I can see where some of your problems come from you just dont trust people, and it seems as if you do not trust God either. Hey many christians know I suffer also does that make you any different than me or countless others, how is anyone going to help you unless you trust someone enough to open up and let them know what it is you suffer about? Worthy is not an assembly of believers in the true sense of the Word, I cannot physically go and help Candice or Botz or even you thats why we told to gather, to not forsaking one another. The scriptures also tell us to confess to one another, you might want to do a study on what God says are assemblies instead of what you think it might be.

Your whole 'thankfully its not a command' speaks volumes about who you are and where you are in knowing Him. Have you ever once consider your own words? If the body suffers over one and that one will not and join himself to a physical body when he has the choice to do so he is outside of the body. Believe me the body suffers greatly over false teachings, false teachers, apostacy and the like just dont go blaming the body for your troubles because no one is responsible for your sins but yourself, if you dont want help fine but if you really do want someone to help you then you need to reach out to real life people also, get yourself plugged into a church and dont expect those people to fix your problems overnight. I also would recommend a good prayer session with God on your knees crying to Him asking what is His will because Taylor its not all about us to start with its about Him, His glory, His grace, His honor and not all about what people can do for you. Your are wrong in your thinking here, you need a physical body, doesnt have to be big could be a home fellowship, a bible study but you need that in your life. You have to give church a real chance, you have to let people get to know you so they can know how to help you. If you cannot do that then how could you ever be part of the priesthood, the bride in the kingdom? The bride gathers physically and not online so you see it is a physical body also.

shalom,

mizz

People on this site do not like to listen it seems. I keep getting the answer of "just go to church".

Forget about the fact that I DID for years.

Forget about the fact in my time of need the church looked the other way and refused to help me.

Forget about the fact that I reached out to MANY people in friendship, but everyone was too comfortable with their lives and couldn't fit me into their schedule.

I would greatly APPRECIATE it if someone on here would give me advice that I HAVEN'T already tried. Please wait giving me the "just go to church " responses. You people can't just tell me to go back to an institution that has hurt and betrayed me. I'm happy all of you have found perfect churches, but I haven't even found a good church. PLEASE keep this in mind when telling me what I should do.

Taylor, are you going out and visiting sick people? Perhaps you should noidea.gif. Or visit widows. Or orphans.

Can you go out and practice your religion?

Honestly I would love to. Unfortunately I am dealing with my own crisis right now and can't show compassion that I haven't experienced myself.

You might find you comfort each other emot-hug.gif.

But let me tell you something I learned painfully when I felt lonely and incredibly sad. 2 Cor 1. We comfort others with the comfort we have received from God. There is a spiritual lesson in this. We must learn how to sit and receive comfort from God. That is not something anyone else can teach you or impart into you. It is about sitting quietly, listening to Him, reading His Word, believing His promises. Only when you have learned to receive that comfort from God can you comfort others. That comfort is available in the here and now for you. So I urge you not to go through this bitter lonliness for no reason. Learn the lesson, learn how to receive His comfort. And then, cry out to the Lord, Lord if I am to be lonely, at least use that lonliness for your kingdom. Focus on the Lord and others above yourself. Because later on, once you've learned to receive His comfort, He can use you to comfort others. But right now, your focus is "me" and ideally we have died to self and live to serve the Lord, esteeming another higher than ourselves.

I am sure this will sound selfish but I can't get the comfort I require from God. God may be all powerful but he can't give me a hug or a shoulder to cry on. I need PHYSICAL comfort and God can't give me that. I am HUMAN and we require physical comfort which is why God said is NOT good for man to be alone.

Actually, God has provided. In His wisdom, He tells us not to avoid gathering together, as some have become accustomed. The method by which God provides that physical comfort is through His body, the Church. If you choose not to participate in His body in your local community, you are cutting that source of comfort off. Unfortunately, we cannot go to God and demand His comfort, but reject His wisdom that tells us how to receive it.

Apparently you haven't been reading all my posts. I DID go to church. I DID try to fellowship. I DID give people a chance. I only stopped those things AFTER I was rejected by my so called spiritual family. Spiritual family is false. I have NEVER seen ANY Christian show as much love and compassion to a stranger as they do to their own family. I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

Try another one which I am sure others have already suggested. We had 6 new people join us this weekend, all were greeted and made to feel welcomed. Each new member is treated the same, we get to know them, we find out if there are any needs they may have whether its spiritual or physical. Most churches if given the chance will do exactly that, dont go to a big huge church find a small gathering and allow Him to guide you, if you cannot let God into your heart then there is more wrong than you not being able to fit into a church. I know for a fact my pastor and his wife have allowed people to stay at their home when needed, I think you are just making excuses because you dont want to belong to a physical body. We all know how hard it is to find a 'home' find a place where we feel comfortable, most of us here also know how hard it is to put oneself out there to get out of our comfort zones and allow Him to put us where He wants us. Give it another try and if that doesnt work out then try another, find an outreach program that you might be able to work with, when we give we get back, its part of being in a physical body.

shalom,

Mizz

What do you MEAN if I CANNOT let God into my heart? Who do you think YOU ARE? Don't talk to me like that. That is the most disrespectful thing anyone has said to me on here. You Have NO RIGHT to judge me or what kind of relationship I have with Jesus.

THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR AND NOT SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM A MODERATOR. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF MY POSTS AGAIN.

When I said churches are mostly social gatherings, I did not mean that as a negative. Our social needs are very legitimate and there's nothing wrong with a smile, handshake, hug or laugh shared with another human being. I believe those things to be therapeutic.

Look, I wish with all my heart that I could walk into a church and be embraced by the ones there --- pastors as well as lay people. But experience has shown me such is not the case.

For what it's worth, it's not easy to be in Taylor or my shoes. Churches today --- especially Protestant churches --- are all about families. Most churches want nothing to do with single guys over the age of, say, 25. We're regarded as stalkers, creeps, pedophiles or worse, even by people who haven't taken 30 seconds to get to know us. It's inaccurate, mean-spirited and it hurts!!!! You can't accurately paint a picture of an entire demographic like that. I've even been told it was wrong for me to visit said church (never understood that one) because I didn't have a personal invitation from someone there.

I'm new in a strange town. What am I supposed to do? Wait for you to get around to calling or show up on my door? I was trying to reach out to strangers, to be part of your fellowship, and yet wasn't welcome in the "club". And pastors wonder why attendance is decling?!?!?! So, for now, I figure the best thing for me is to perhaps do an online church where I can remain anonymous and not offend anyone by my presence in their midst.

OK, rant over!!! :taped:

I'm sorry you Have experienced the same as me. You put it into words far better than I can. I'm glad to meet you and I hope things get better for you. God Bless.