nebula

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

God has always been an active force in my life for as long as I can remember. The day God became REAL instead of just a story book god I read about or heard about, I was five. My cat, which was the center of my life ventured next door where my neighbor raised birds and rabbits. It was well known he would shoot cats on sight. one day I found my cat in a flower bed by the house, with a hole right on the top of her head. My mom said she had been shot, and that there was nothing we could do. We did not have the money to take her to the vet. She suggested I pray for God to end her suffering and to ask my Grandpa to come over and take care of her.

I went to my Grandpa and told him what was wrong. I had seen him kill rabbits before and when I saw he had gotten his hammer and was going towards my cat, I had a full blown five year old temper tantrum, the likes never been seen again. I put my cat in a box in my room. Grandpa asked what I inteneded to to, and I said I was going to ask God to heal her. That night I did pray. I held my cat in my arms and cried and prayed for her. Then, because its what my Mom did when I had sores, I squirted BACTINE in the wound and covered with Vaseline. The cat did not die over night, as everyone else had thought she would. Mom said I was being mean by making her suffer. I told her she wasn't suffering, because God was taking care of her. The second day, my cat ate and drank normally. For a week I prayed for my cat.

On Good Friday, my cat will be 27 years old. I have no idea how old that is in cat years, but the family is starting to think she will never die. She has had a good, full life. She is old, yes...but she still plays with string and she still catches mice. I no longer have her. We moved when I was 9 and I had to give her to my Grandma. When my Grandma died, she went to my Grandma's Bingo friend. I still get pics of her laying in the sun room or waiting by the fridge for her milk.

Through her healing, God inforced his existance in my life as a very real "person" and not just a far off figure read about in a book.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow - that's awesome! :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Being able to glory in my God while suffering (and I do mean suffering) through severe psoriasis is not only a test of faith ,but I also feel it is an expression of my faith. P can be a very debilitating disease (mentally). Thank God I have hope in the Lord Jesus Christ who will one day fashion this vile, embarrassing , diseased body into a glorious body just like his own. :thumbsup:.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Several times I have packed up and moved to a new, strange place (usually for the sake of a job, but an adventure nonetheless). Hasn't always worked out as well as I had hoped, though.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Several times I have packed up and moved to a new, strange place (usually for the sake of a job, but an adventure nonetheless). Hasn't always worked out as well as I had hoped, though.

That is so neat. I've moved around a lot the past few years, going to places where I did not know a single person. I love the adventure of it!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I used to love the adventure of it. Slowly, the nomadic lifestyle wore me out.