IGNORED

Modern Day Prophets

Another-Atheist

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that prophets are alive and active today?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Parker1.

Name one NEW prophecy, if you don't mind. Not one that has yet to be fulfilled, please.

I'll just mention this quickly. Being a Messianic Jew, I know of some who prophesied three months before the hurricane hit that New Orleans would be struck for its sins and was specifically told they would experience flooding for their crimes against God and humanity. It was not made public; it was directed against the leaders of the city as those who could have made a difference if they chose to heed God's warning, but they chose not to listen.

You'll never hear an "I told you so" from a true prophet; he won't need to say a word.

True prophets are still out there, particularly for the Jews. You see, Paul said,

1 Cor. 1:19-29

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

KJV

Therefore, signs or miracles, which include prophecies being fulfilled, are more to satisfy the Jews than for the Gentiles (the Greeks). The Gentiles, particularly the Greeks at the time who started formal logic, think more of wisdom and sophistry than signs and miracles. Gentiles have learned to expect tricks in "signs and miracles" and are more concerned with "how did you do that?" Jews see miracles performed and think first of God's power. While this is not strictly true about either group, Jews are more likely to be persuaded by a sign or a miracle that only God could have perform, while Gentiles are more likely to be persuaded by something that makes sense, like the transfer of sin and righteousness in 2 Cor. 5:21.

I don't flaunt modern-day prophecies because they are God's business for SPECIFIC messages to SPECIFIC people. I focus more on the prophecies that we have written in God's Word. Prophecies that are given to all, particularly for the end times. On the other hand, it's not wise to say that God would NEVER speak through a person NEW information for a particular recipient or a group of recipients. Who are we to assume to dictate to God what He can and cannot do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I saw a Prophet at a revival meeting once.

He must have been.

He was ushering people to their seats and had a name tag that said "Prophet John"..............

Wish I had known they would have name tags.....

"Sinner Fez" would at least have been honest.......

:).... I would not have capitalized sinner on mine :red_smile: