• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

- Are there female angels?

- Jeremiah 7:18 indicates: "the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven"

- Malachi 2:11 indicates that a god can have a daughter (the "Ben 'elohiym" are the "sons of God", a "Bath 'el" is a daughter of a god) - therefore, Can God have daughters?

Galatians 3

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

- 1 Kings 11:5 indicates a female angel (goddess) -- "Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians"

<snip>

- Acts 19:27 indicates "...the great goddess Diana..."

- A female angel (goddess).

I fail to see how you are acquainting pagan deities with God's angels.

1 Corinthians 10:20 indicates that "the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God"

1 Corinthians 10:19 says: "is that which is offered in sacrifice to idols any thing? "

Deuteronomy 4:19

Indicates that the sun, the moon and the stars are the host of heaven.

1 Kings 22:19

states:

"I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left."

Job 31

26If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness;

27And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:

28This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above.

Revelation 12

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

-- Is this referring to satan?

Daniel 8:10

it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

-- Is this referring to satan?

-- Satan "wast perfect in [his] ways from the day that [he] wast created, till iniquity was found in [him]." (Ezekiel 28:15)...

-- ...Then did his tail draw a third part of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth (to be worshipped)?

1 Corinthians 15

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

Michael is the "archangel" (Jude 1:9)

Michael is also "one of the chief princes" (Daniel 10:13) ("one star differeth from another star in glory.")

Matthew 25:41 indicates that the devil has angels.

Psalm 78:49 indicates that there are "evil angels".

Exodus 32

1And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

5And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

6And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

7And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Would you say that Deuteronomy 32:17 is referring to Exodus 32:8?

Deuteronomy 32

15But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

16They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.

17They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Edited by Ephesians__6_24

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A devil taking on female form isn't proving anything.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The sons of God in Gen 6 are not the sons of God in Job 38.

If the sons of God in Job are Hebrews how did they come to be with satan at the same time? True God is talking to Job yet we do read in Job 2:1-2

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."

If these sons of God were men then satan and men come into God's divine council together and I am not sure that happens.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

If the sons of God in Job are Hebrews how did they come to be with satan at the same time? True God is talking to Job yet we do read in Job 2:1-2

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."

If these sons of God were men then satan and men come into God's divine council together and I am not sure that happens.

shalom,

Mizz

Right Mizz, that's what I am saying. They were men in Gen 6, not men in Job.

shalom,

Mizz

Right Mizz, that's what I am saying. They were men in Gen 6, not men in Job.

Jude 1:6-8

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

How would you explain Jude 1:6-8?

Specifically, how would you explain the "Even as"

Greek: "ὡς"

Transliterated: "Hos"

- Thayer's definition: "as, like, even as, etc.",

- Strong's definition: " Probably adverb of compound from G3739; which how that is in that manner (very variously used as shown): - about after (that) (according) as (it had been it were) as soon (as) even as (like) for how (greatly) like (as unto) since so (that) that to wit unto when ([-soever]) while X with all speed."

Are Sodom and Gomorrha set forth for an example of what will happen to the angels and men...?

(The judgment of the goats and the sheeps?)

Matthew 25

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

- It includes angels into the everlasting fire in Matthew 25:41...

- Jude 1:6-8 says that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha and the cities about them in like manner are set forth for an example (to men and angels?)

- it does say "even as" Sodom and Gomorrha and the cities about them in like manner... ...going after strange flesh.

- (which ,if the "Ben 'elohiym" are sons of God and not sons of men - would line up, because Angels "[taking] them wives of all which they chose" (Genesis 6:2) of the "daughters of men" (Genesis 6:2) would mean that they are going after "strange flesh" (Jude 1:6-7)... for "men" to take wives of daughters of men would not be going after strange flesh...

- Also, let's say that the "sons of God" (Genesis 6:2) are actually Hebrew men... - where else in scripture does it refer to "sons of God"? there are prophecies in Psalm 2 (specifically verse 7) about Christ, not David, and another reference about Christ (2 Samuel 7:13-14) (not Solomon, Solomon's kingdom was not "for ever" - 2 Samuel 7:13).

- It states that Adam was the son of God (Luke 3:38),

- It also states that "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14

- It also states that "...Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26

- Therefore, could Adam have been the son of God since he was "led by the Spirit of God", but when man sinned, he lost that place as the son of God (Acts 5:32 - God gives the Holy Ghost to them that obey him)?

- After all, a son is made after the likeness and image of his Father (Genesis 5:3).

- (The Father is perfect Matthew 5:48, and Christ is perfect Acts 13:28).

- (Which explains how that God made man in his own image and likeness Genesis 1:26 (the "first Adam" 1 Corinthians 15:45) ...who is "the figure of him that was to come" Romans 5:14, and how Christ is "the last Adam" 1 Corinthians 15:45 - upon whom the "the Spirit remains" John 1:33; and whom the Father never leaves alone, for Christ "does always those things that please [The Father]." John 8:29).

- Would Angels being "...greater in power and might..." (2 Peter 2:11) explain Genesis 6:4? -

Genesis 6:4

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

- The "sons of God" referenced to in Job 38:7 were present before the time referenced to in Genesis 6... the "sons of God" referenced to in Job 38:7 were present when the LORD "...laid the foundations of the earth" (Job 38:4). Which supports that the "sons of God referenced to in Genesis 6 are the Angels of God.

- Christ says that Angels are the children of God (Luke 20:36) - a "son" of God is a child of God.

I guarantee that you would also know Sarah, Rachel and Rebecca if you saw them, and they would be female. All Jesus was doing was answering a question about our state in heaven, and was saying that marriage is something we have in this life, but not the next. We will all be serving God as individuals, as the angels do.

Hm!

Sarah Rachel and Rebecca...

I wonder if...

Since woman is of the man.... (Genesis 2:22, 1 Corinthians 11)

And Christ was a man...

And "they [the woman the man] shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24

And "In Christ" all shall be made alive... (1 Corinthians 15:22)

- It would be the same for the resurrection?

Hm!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Sodom and Gomorrah is about homosexuality, do you agree? In the same manner that S&G was destroyed, the angels who fell are also going to be destroyed. Doesn't mean anything more than that.

You didn't answer my question about the Gospel of Thomas.

Do you believe women need to become men in the resurrection in order to be saved?

I guarantee that you would also know Sarah, Rachel and Rebecca if you saw them, and they would be female. All Jesus was doing was answering a question about our state in heaven, and was saying that marriage is something we have in this life, but not the next. We will all be serving God as individuals, as the angels do.

Hm!

I wonder if...

And Christ was a man...

Hm!

Genesis 2:24 is talking about the woman and the man in marriage... ("they shall be one flesh")...

(Which could relate to women being saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. (1 Timothy 2:15))

- However, what about women who don't marry in this age (are they "saved" in childbearing?) (for example: Jephthah's daughter - "...she knew no man." Judges 11:30-40)

- 1 Corinthians 7:34-35 speaks about virgins not marrying... "...this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction."

- Therefore... (Would it matter if women were married or not...)

----

- Could the following be the answer to the question:

Since woman is of the first Adam (Genesis 2:22, 1 Corinthians 11) (who is a figure of Christ - Romans 5:14)...being led by The Spirit of God (Romans 8:14) and The Son of God (Luke 3:38) made in God's likeness and image (Genesis 1:26).

Could it therefore be the same in the resurrection (women being "of the first Adam" (Christ)--still being women?)

(And is this what it means in Galatians 3:28 when it says: "there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." ?)

- What could 1 Timothy 2:15 mean then? - women being saved "in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

Guest shiloh357
What could 1 Timothy 2:15 mean then? - women being saved "in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

First of all, the women being spoken of are believers. The word "saved" is not the ordinary use of the term, i.e., turning to Jesus for salvation from sin. It is clear from the context that she is being saved from something other than an unsaved condition.

From the Expositor's Greek New Testament cited by Kenneth Wuest:

"The penalty for transgression, so far as woman is concerned, was expressed in the words, 'I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children' (Gen. 3:16). But just as in the case of man, the world being as it is, the sentence has proved a blessing, so it is in the case of woman. 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread' expresses man's necessity, duty, privilege, dignity. If the necessity of work be a stumbling block, man can 'make it a stepping-stone' (Browning, The Ring and the Book, The Pope, 413). Nay, it is the only stepping-stone available to him. If St. Paul's argument had led him to emphasize the man's part in the first transgression, he might have said, 'He shall be saved in his toil,' his overcoming the obstacles of nature.

"So St. Paul, taking the common-sense view that childbearing, rather than public teaching or the direction of affairs, is woman's primary function, duty, privilege, and dignity, reminds Timothy and his readers that there was another aspect of the story in Genesis besides that of the woman's taking the initiative in transgression: the pains of childbirth were her sentence, yet in undergoing these, she finds her salvation. She shall be saved in her childbearing (R.V. m. nearly). That is her normal and natural duty; and in the discharge of our normal and natural duties we all men and women alike, as far as our individual efforts can contribute to it, 'work out our own salvation.' "

She is saved IN childbearing; she is not saved BY childbearing.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Hm!

I wonder if...

And Christ was a man...

Hm!

Galatians 3:26-29

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The meaning of "son" is not a gender, but a relationship. There will be no need to be male or female in heaven. Do you believe that we will need to marry and have children?