NathanH

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

As the topic title states, I have a question that I would love to hear some serious discussion on without diving into denominational theology or accusatory comments.

Were the 10 Commandments considered only apart of "Moses Law"? I know that they were included in Moses Law, but were they exclusive to Moses Law or did they also stand alone?

My thoughts stem from the two places the "Law" was said to have been placed. Inside the Ark, and on the side of the Ark.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

The Commandments are Law

however

Laws are not Commandments.

Reflect on what I tell you for I know the truff.

AMEN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The 10 were given and responded to in faith, all the children of Israel said yes before they heard what all being Israel required. I see the 10 as a sumation of all His commandments, just as I see the phrase 'and these hang on the law and the prophets' as a sumation of the Torah. Moses placed the stone tablets inside the ark and to me that represents the Torah on our hearts, to place them inside was to guard them just as we are to guard what He has placed inside of us. It was always Gods desire to have us place His ways on our hearts and we can read scriptures that tell us so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hello NathanH, good to see you again.

I think 2 Corinthians has something to say about this topic. The 10 Commandment are the first testament according to Paul just as the ministration of the Spirit is the new testament.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

The rest of the Mosaic Law deals with judgments and statutes governing specifics of Israels moral lives.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Hello NathanH, good to see you again.

I think 2 Corinthians has something to say about this topic. The 10 Commandment are the first testament according to Paul just as the ministration of the Spirit is the new testament.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

The rest of the Mosaic Law deals with judgments and statutes governing specifics of Israels moral lives.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

I agree with you GDEmoss

Eph 2

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.