IGNORED

Is God Yahweh or Jesus?

Ervin

LORD, Teach Us To Pray

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. Luke 11:1

In Jesus' Name

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14

Amen

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

Thank You For Answered Prayer

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Whose name should we call upon?

First off it is helpful to know a bit about the original Hebrew names of God and His Son. In the OT God's Son is called The angel of YHWH.

One proposed method of adding the vowels to the divine name YHWH is Yehowah.

Jesus is a transliteration of the Greek. Jesus' Hebrew name was Yehoshua. Which means "Yehowah Savior" or YHWH Savior or YHWH Saves.

When the divine name is in the Greek Septuagint writings of the OT scriptures, they have replaced this name with Κύριος. Κύριος is also used in the NT writings. When we read our Bibles in english Κύριος is translated Lord.

So each time you see LORD remember this is YHWH in the Hebrew, Κύριος in the Greek. For example in this scripture:

And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD* Will be delivered.-- Joel 2:32

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.” Romans 10:9-13

To which name should every knee bow?

"Is it not I, YHWH*, besides whom there is no other God; a righteous God and a Savior, there being none excepting me? By my own self I have sworn ...that to me every knee will bend down, every tongue will swear." -Isaiah 45:21-23

"so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord (Κύριος)" - Phil 2:10, 11

"And you call upon the name of your god, and I will call upon the name of the YHWH*," 1 Kings 18:24

"with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours" 1 Corinthians 1:2

"Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"--Acts 7:59

Please take your time to absorb this and ask any questions you might have.

Edited by mamaelephant

Read these scriptures. Who raised Christ from the dead?

Romans 10:9

Romans 6:4

John 2:19-24

Romans 8:11

Edited by mamaelephant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

And they asked Jesus to teach them how to pray. And Jesus began Our Father Who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name.

"Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name." -- Acts 15:14

What was that name? Is there a scripture that very simply and directly answers this question?

Edited by mamaelephant

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Can you answer me also, simply with direct scripture... Whose Spirit?

Edited by mamaelephant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

The Godhead - Also Known As The Holy Trinity

God The Father - 1st Person Of The Holy Trinity

God The Son (Jesus Christ, The Word) - 2nd Person Of The Holy Trinity

God The Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) - 3rd Person Of The Holy Trinity

Three Unique Personages Of God - Yet One

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3 AMP IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. [isa. 9:6.] 2 He was present originally with God. 3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.

John 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:14 AMP And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth. [isa. 40:5.]

John 14:6-7 KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 14:6-7 AMP Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. 7 If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11 AMP Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:] 6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, 7 But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being. 8 And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross! 9 Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, 10 That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 John 5:7 KJV For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7 AMP So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;

Jesus Christ was and is God - One with God The Father and God The Holy Spirit. The Godhead (Holy Trinity) is Eternal with no beginning and no ending. The Godhead (Holy Trinity) is the Creator - not the created. This is an unquestioned fact stated many ways in the Holy Bible - God's Word. The only way to dispute this basic Bible Fact is to use a book other than the Holy Bible. Those who do reject God and are unbelievers. Further, God rejects them.

Matthew 10:32-33 KJV Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32-33 AMP Therefore, everyone who acknowledges Me before men and confesses Me [out of a state of oneness with Me], I will also acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven and confess [that I am abiding in] him. 33 But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

To the OP. The simple truth is that we need to address God according to what he is to us. Many times I call upon him as Father. Other times it is Savior. Still some, Merciful One. I call upon the great I AM. Mostly, it is just Father in Heaven.

About other doctrines: There is a thing called heresy that we find in Galatians 5 that is a work of the flesh. They are always designed to allow the flesh to be able to operate in sin without fear of judgment. I find heresy by asking myself, how does this affect my flesh if I believe it? Would this allow me to sin freely? Some are easier to spot than others but with time and the help of the Holy Spirit one is able to determine truth from error.

Gary

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Can you answer me also, simply with direct scripture... Whose Spirit?

:thumbsup:

Jesus'

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

God, The Holy Ghost

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am interested in your answer to this very important question and that is: Is God Yahweh or Jesus? Wich one of those two names is Gods name? Or is it both?

In any case can you provide evidence please?

Thanks

the Father the Word and the Holy Ghost are one... 1 John 5:7

"'elohiym"

'elohiym is a noun masculine plural - Thayer

Genesis 1:26

"God ('elohiym) said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

"JEHOVAH"...

Exodus 6:2-8

Exod 6:2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:

Exod 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exod 6:4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Exod 6:5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

Exod 6:6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD (JEHOVAH), and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Exod 6:7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD (JEHOVAH) your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

Exod 6:8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Exodus 3:13-15

Exod 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

Exod 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exod 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

- Could the name of God be different for the church (Christ's body)?

"Father"

Ephesians 5:29-30

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

- Jesus said: "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." Matthew 6:9

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Hebrews 2:11-15

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Heb 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Is Zechariah 14:3-4 speaking of Christ?

Zechariah 14:3-4

Zech 14:3 Then shall the LORD (JEHOVAH) go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zech 14:4 And his (JEHOVAH's?) feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Is verse 4 indicating that JEHOVAH has feet?

Could the Father be JEHOVAH... and the Father and Jesus are one ? (John 10:30, 1 Timothy 3:16)

(Romans 3:29 - God is the God of Jews and Gentiles)

Ephesians 2:11-14

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 3:4-6

...the mystery of Christ

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Edited by Ephesians__6_24