Bold Believer

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus foretold the destruction of the temple and the fall of Jerusalem. One of the signs he gives is the "abomination of desolation" which was to occur prior to the temple's destruction. General Pompey in 63 desecrated the Temple and during the winter of 67-68, zealots also defiled the Temple, forcing daily sacrifices to be suspended. The abomination of desolation found fulfillment two years before the Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 AD. Preterists confuse the second Temples' events as a parousia.

Today many confuse the prophecies surrounding the second Temple with the Messiah's second advent.

The Jews do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah and hence are still waiting for him. Pulitzer Prize winning novelist, Michael Chabon, has his character Berko, in The Yiddish Policeman's Union sum up the Jewish belief of when the Messiah will make his appearance:

"Some people say Messiah will tarry until the Temple is rebuilt. Until altar worship gets restored, Blood sacrifices, a priesthood, the whole song and dance."

If they rebuild the Temple, what kind of priest will they annoint? Not the Messiah but the Lawless One.

"Let no one deceive you in any way. For unless the apostasy come first and the lawless one revealed. the one doomed to perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god and object of worship, so as to seat himself in the temple of God, claiming that he is God." (2 Thess. 2:3)

Today, among certain groups in Israel, plans go forward for the rebuilding of a Third temple. Groups are weaving priestly garments, guided by the laws preserved in the Bible and in rabbinic literature. They are making the silver and gold instruments needed to perform the many rituals and holocausts, the "whole song and dance."

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

One type of abomination that caused desolation was the dropping of two atomic bombs on cities in Japan by the US:

The A-bomb-a-nation certainly caused desolation in Japan. Even Robert Oppenheimer, one of the bomb's scientist creators said of the acts:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that one way or another.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer

Unfortunately what no one thought about was how God's Law would apply to such actions:

With the measure you use, it will be measured unto you. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Therefore those who devise, develop and use Weapons of Mass Destruction will...

Little One...are you the same little one that used to go by that name at Christianity.com? you had a lamb (I think) for yr avatar (if it is you?)

Nope. That was not me.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, everyone.

I find it VERY interesting that 4-syllable and 5-syllable words that end in "-tion" are formed into labels.

Folks, these two words are simply common WORDS! We should NOT be giving them label status, no matter how it sounds in English! Just because the two words are found together in various passages, that does NOT mean that they "belong together" nor does it mean that they mean the same thing in those various passages!

READ FOR UNDERSTANDING! If you have to do so, change the words into synonyms that don't have NEAR the significance for you!

For instance, instead of saying "abomination of desolation," say "emptiness's revulsion!"

Consider the words in their CORRECT forms in the Hebrew language (and in the Greek language for the NT). They vary from Scripture to Scripture where the words exist.

It's not wise to assume that they are always talking about the same thing! Sometimes the words are arranged as to say, the "abominations that MAKE desolate" and sometimes to say the "desolation MAKES it abominable!"

Beware of making assumptions! Test all things! Hold on to what is good!

• 4 weeks later...

So, are you implying that the abomination that leads to desolation spoken of in Revelation has already occurred, in 70 AD?

No, I'm stating it's a historically established fact. I believe that the abomination of bloodguilt is what caused the Lord to send the Roman Army to desolate Jerusalem, destroy the temple and put an end to the old covenant worship system of types and shadows.

Remember, I believe in a historical timeline of events, I'm not a total futurist.

Yet those who prefer religion and tangible people ruling over them rather than an "as-one" relationship with one Lord: Jesus Christ, have created the same "abomination that causes desolation" because they've held their church's "founders" and doctrines of men in higher esteem than they do Christ's teachings and example. Otherwise there would be but one Church whose "head" is Christ alone.

Just as the leaders of Judaism set themselves up in Moses' seat (Matthew 23), the pope has set himself up on earth in Christ's seat and declared his word supercedes Christ's and therefore God's. A definite showdown and great humbling is coming for those who have puffed themselves up with the same yeast of self-importance as the Pharisees did. In that day Jesus alone will be exalted in the Earth. Then the pope and all who have exalted themselves over others -- especially in Christ's name -- will be humbled and Christ's true Church of the collective of believers will be revealed.

I can't wait!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The abomination of desolation was a specific event referring to the temple. It was also connected (by Jesus Himself in the book of Luke) to Roman armies surrounding Jerusalem. This is why it can't be something for modern Believers to be concerned with. The idea that the prophecy concerns us is in error in all of its forms. 

The abomination of desolation was a specific event referring to the temple. It was also connected (by Jesus Himself in the book of Luke) to Roman armies surrounding Jerusalem. This is why it can't be something for modern Believers to be concerned with. The idea that the prophecy concerns us is in error in all of its forms. 

~

Dear One Believe The Words Of Christ

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Matthew 24:14-16

For Anyone Would Be Correct To Be Concerned

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matthew 24:21-22

If They Have Any Love For The Jew And For His Little Children

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. Zechariah 13:8-9

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Joe, Paul stated that the Gospel had already been preached to every creature under heaven (Col 1:23) in his own day. The tribulation was for Israel, and specifically for that part of Israel which was unrepentant. Jeremiah called it "The time of Jacob's trouble." It was meant as vengeance upon the Jewish leadership of that day for having lead the faithful astray for so many years, hence, 'the time of vengeance'. 

The Gospel has been taught to the whole world (Isaiah 2) the LORD's house became the top of the mountain and the world has benefited from the knowledge of Christ. The thousand years are over. It's Gog's turn now. But only for a little while.

.... The thousand years are over. It's Gog's turn now. But only for a little while.

~

Did

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. Matthew 24:23-26

The World Somehow Blink And Miss Him?

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:27

Or When Was There Ever

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Revelation 20:4

A Thousand Years

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:5-6

Of Peace?

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9

Or Are You Saying We May Have Just Plumb Missed Our Ride?

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

Or Perhaps Somehow We Slept Through It?

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Hum....

In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain. I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD. The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:11-17

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Bold Believer.

Joe, Paul stated that the Gospel had already been preached to every creature under heaven (Col 1:23) in his own day. The tribulation was for Israel, and specifically for that part of Israel which was unrepentant. Jeremiah called it "The time of Jacob's trouble." It was meant as vengeance upon the Jewish leadership of that day for having lead the faithful astray for so many years, hence, 'the time of vengeance'. 

The Gospel has been taught to the whole world (Isaiah 2) the LORD's house became the top of the mountain and the world has benefited from the knowledge of Christ. The thousand years are over. It's Gog's turn now. But only for a little while.

"The Gospel has already been preached to every creature under heaven?" Perhaps, but you're forgetting the FOURTH dimension! A lot has happened over the last two thousand years, and several new nations and generations have come since then. Are you sure that everyone TODAY has already been preached to? The Time of Ya`aqov's Trouble began in the first century, but it's not over, yet!

Furthermore, I challenge the idea that the gospel has been preached to every creature under heaven, despite Paul's comment. It should be obvious that Paul was talking about HIS day, and quite frankly, I don't think we have the same gospel that they had in the first century, anyway! Whatever it is that we preach today and call the "gospel," it's not the "gospel of the Kingdom" that Yeshua` (Jesus) heralded! That's a MAJOR set-back!

In a nutshell, the gospel of the Kingdom or the good news about the Kingdom is best seen in Isaiah 52:7:

Isaiah 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

KJV

It's a message that one carries running upon the mountain ridges from the battle field, much as is described in 2 Samu'el 18:

2 Samuel 18:19-33
19 Then said Ahimaaz the son of Zadok, Let me now run, and bear the king tidings, how that the Lord hath avenged him of his enemies.
20 And Joab said unto him, Thou shalt not bear tidings this day, but thou shalt bear tidings another day: but this day thou shalt bear no tidings, because the king's son is dead.
21 Then said Joab to Cushi, Go tell the king what thou hast seen. And Cushi bowed himself unto Joab, and ran.
22 Then said Ahimaaz the son of Zadok yet again to Joab, But howsoever, let me, I pray thee, also run after Cushi. And Joab said, Wherefore wilt thou run, my son, seeing that thou hast no tidings ready?
23 But howsoever, said he, let me run. And he said unto him, Run. Then Ahimaaz ran by the way of the plain, and overran Cushi.
24 And David sat between the two gates: and the watchman went up to the roof over the gate unto the wall, and lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold a man running alone.
25 And the watchman cried, and told the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there is tidings in his mouth. And he came apace, and drew near.
26 And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman called unto the porter, and said, Behold another man running alone. And the king said, He also bringeth tidings.
27 And the watchman said, Me thinketh the running of the foremost is like the running of Ahimaaz the son of Zadok. And the king said, He is a good man, and cometh with good tidings.
28 And Ahimaaz called, and said unto the king, All is well. And he fell down to the earth upon his face before the king, and said, Blessed be the Lord thy God, which hath delivered up the men that lifted up their hand against my lord the king.
29 And the king said, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Ahimaaz answered, When Joab sent the king's servant, and me thy servant, I saw a great tumult, but I knew not what it was.
30 And the king said unto him, Turn aside, and stand here. And he turned aside, and stood still.
31 And, behold, Cushi came; and Cushi said, Tidings, my lord the king: for the Lord hath avenged thee this day of all them that rose up against thee.
32 And the king said unto Cushi, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Cushi answered, The enemies of my lord the king, and all that rise against thee to do thee hurt, be as that young man is.
33 And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!
KJV

Certain runners were noted for bearing good news; others were selected to bear bad news or news that needed a ... more diplomatic approach. "Ahimaaz" was young and impetuous; he was a good selection to bear good news. The older, more methodical runner, "Cushi," was more diplomatic in his telling of news. He was the better runner to tell David his son had been killed. So, when Ahimaaz, who was sent second, came to the king first, everyone including the king thought there was good news to tell. When Cushi arrived, then David got the bad news, and he took it hard.

Isaiah is talking about this use of couriers, and the good news that the runner brings is "YOUR GOD REIGNS!"

Paul quotes this verse in Romans 10:15 and is therefore talking about THIS gospel. Some people define the "gospel" as the "death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ," but look at Mark 1:14-15:

Mark 1:14-15

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

KJV

This is WAY early in Yeshua`s (Jesus') "ministry!" How many of His closest disciples even KNEW about the "death, burial, and resurrection of Yeshua`" let alone believed it?

Consider Peter's words long afterwards:

Matthew 16:15-23

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

KJV

Even this late in His "ministry," they didn't think He would even die, let alone be raised from the dead! So, tell me that what YOU call the "gospel" is even CLOSE to this "gospel of the Kingdom" that Yeshua` heralded and Paul likewise spread?