IGNORED

WN: Churches adopt new Ten Commandments - UK Telegraph

WorthyNewsBot

Instead of fussing about someone changing the wording of the ten commandments, we should be preaching people living according to the two that Jesus gave us....

:24: :24: :24:

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18

- - -

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

~

I Can't Find The "New" Commandments On-Line

Could It Be That They Are Part Of Some British Copyrighted Teaching Series

If So, I Doubt They Will Show Up In The Dark Dank Depths Of A Chinese Prison, Like The Real Law Will IMO

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. Exodus 20:3-17

~

Interesting Thread

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Instead of fussing about someone changing the wording of the ten commandments, we should be preaching people living according to the two that Jesus gave us.

Yeshua is God, God gave those 10 didn't He? Yes love is at the center of everything, of all we do or should be yet love is abstract also, the 10 give the meat of what God expects us to follow. If you said to someone who doesnt know God or anything about Him that they are to love God and their neighbor that this is what the law stands on, would they know what you mean? Yeshau was not giving new commandments Sam but saying that love is what anchors us to Him and is what leads us to follow all of His instructions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Matt 25:43-46

43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison , and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison , and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

Here is a group of people who are going to hell Mizz. Which of the ten commandments did they voilate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Matt 25:43-46

43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison , and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison , and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

Here is a group of people who are going to hell Mizz. Which of the ten commandments did they voilate?

Now Sam where did I say a word about hell? Lets see, if we adhere to the basic commandments this teaches us how to love, it teaches how to put our hearts right before Him and our fellow man. You can keep all the commandments you want if you do not have love you have nothing, correct? Love is the center as I said, but love by itself is floating, I can love chocolate, love my dog but if I dont know how to control that love for chocolate I will get sick and probably fat, if I love my dog but fail to love others I have also failed in following Him. There needs to be a basis for love right and the 'right' avenue to do so, I mean we can love God with all our hearts yet our hearts may not love anything else. We know that there are many who claim to love God yet fail to love anything else, that see in that love the license to do as they wish so are they actually keeping any commands but their own idea of how to love. Thats how I see it Sam, one has to have the basis for what those two commandments Yeshua said that were hung on all the others as well as the prophets.