• Days Won:  58

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Did he give back the money he took from people to promote his belief that the world would end?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

I heard a story about a persecuted church in the Eastern Asia area that was not well learned but could pick up teachings via radios. Many of them went to a hill top waiting for the Lord and became targets for the local police. Some where imprisoned but some were shot and killed on site.

Bad doctrinal understanding does harm many different ways.

Titus 2:1 Speak the things fitting for sound doctrine.

Our hope is in the resurrection.

Some earlier writers of dispensationalism stated that the pre rap was not clearly biblical, they just could not see it anywhere else. Men like Clarence Larkin that had a level of passion for the Lord clearly evident in the work he left behind. Why isn't that statement made clear today when most that hold to that position don't even know as much as they did. And those that do know as much as they did have no new biblical revelation to add but sound or seem a bit hung up that their salvation depends upon belief in this non clearly biblical placement. The Lord can come for me tonight, He can come for you, He can come for your neighbor, that's imminency, but he ain't coming for the church tonight. Watch and pray. Reading our bibles and not theological commentaries would help extremely.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20

He was wrong no question. His views harmed folks too. Although they are culpable because they should have compared his words to scripture.

But he did repent. He apologized and repented to the Lord. Thats worth a lot.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20

I had a good friend who was a follower of Camping. I lost touch with him a couple of years ago. Nothing I could say or do would convince him that Camping was incorrect. Finally he estranged himself from me because he felt I was trying to deceive him from the truth. His name was James and I am very concerned for him. I would appreciate any prayers that you guys can say for James.

I didnt want to see this missed in your post.

Guest Butero

He was wrong no question. His views harmed folks too. Although they are culpable because they should have compared his words to scripture.

But he did repent. He apologized and repented to the Lord. Thats worth a lot.

I think he really believed what he was saying? He just made a mistake, and learned a valuable lesson. Jesus told us that no man knows the day or the hour of his return.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I pray that he did truly repent and will stop with all of those silly predictions.

I had a good friend who was a follower of Camping. I lost touch with him a couple of years ago. Nothing I could say or do would convince him that Camping was incorrect. Finally he estranged himself from me because he felt I was trying to deceive him from the truth. His name was James and I am very concerned for him. I would appreciate any prayers that you guys can say for James.

My heart feels the same.

Guest Butero

My heart feels the same.

There was a man who said he became an atheist because he had been following a minister who had taught strict holiness, and later on, did a complete 180 to gain members. He lost faith in religion as a whole. People should never put their primary faith in human beings, but in God. Men and women will let you down, but God won't. I tried to convince this guy that God wasn't the issue, just a compromising preacher, but I don't know if he ever gave God another chance? :noidea:

There are many hurt people as well as many bad, misguided or even false teachers. The apostles warned and Jesus warned about these things and as much as we need to pray for the angered, rejected and wandering sheep we need to lift up the good teachers that they would remain that way. I forget to pray for leaders regularly and that isn't good. If the powers of the air are going to mess with anyone it would be the faithful teachers.