IGNORED

Christians have no right to wear a cross to work?

How do you stop people who freely chose to have their disputes regulated by a religious court?

That is not a freedom we are afforded in the US.

It clearly is as such institutions exist and have existed since at least the 19th century. Longer in fact as groups such as the Amish have chosen to live seperately from others in society enforcing their own internal rules and punishing by exclusion those who don't conform.

Beloved

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. Proverbs 26:22

Rumspringa misconceptions

Rumspringa has been portrayed as time of experimentation and decision. While Amish youth will mull the decision to join the church at this time, an Amishman who has studied the subject extensively contends that this decision is typically already made in the mind of many youth. The Rumspringa period serves other purposes besides deciding whether to join the church, detailed here and below. One of those purposes is to enter into a more formalized social world and peer interaction, which occurs when joining a youth group.

http://amishamerica....-is-rumspringa/

Clearly You're Not In Kansas Any More

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:31

Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general.

The right to assemble allows people to gather for peaceful and lawful purposes. Implicit within this right is the right to association and belief. The Supreme Court has expressly recognized that a right to freedom of association and belief is implicit in the First, Fifth And The Fourteenth Amendments. This implicit right is limited to the right to associate for First Amendment purposes. It does not include a right of social association. The government may prohibit people from knowingly associating in groups that engage and promote illegal activities. The right to associate also prohibits the government from requiring a group to register or disclose its members or from denying government benefits on the basis of an individual's current or past membership in a particular group. There are exceptions to this rule where the Court finds that governmental interests in disclosure/registration outweigh interference with first amendment rights. The government may also, generally, not compel individuals to express themselves, hold certain beliefs, or belong to particular associations or groups.

http://www.law.corne...First_amendment

Nor Are You Ever Likely To Understand America And Americans

In the LORD put I my trust: How say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? Psalms 11:1

Until You Come To Love Freedom

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

And Common Sense

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 1 Thessalonians 4:11

~

Believe

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

It's about freedom of religion, and it's about a lack of tolerance. Sure, in many ways crosses have become nothing more than a piece of jewelry. However, there are those for whom it has significance.

More often than not, the same ones who make a fuss about a decorative cross around a person's neck are likewise those that tell Christians to be more tolerant of other's beliefs and lifestyles.

This is most definitely a spiritual war.

It may be technically in the constitution, but freedom of religion doesn't REALLY exist anymore ( unless your muslim ).

If this is just civil stuff they are settling, with both parties willing, how is it different to what we see in 1 Cor 6?

I agree. If BOTH parties agree to it, there should be no problem. As long as they are NOT FORCING others who don't hold to those beliefs to submit to religious courts. 1 COR is a great example of GOD himself telling us NOT to take eachother to unbelievers courts and that we should settle matters ourselves.

So then muslims cannot wear their hats or scarves. Hindus cannot wear their turbans. No red dots on their foreheads. Catholics cannot have ashes on their forheads on good friday. What about atheists and the fact that they wear nothing. I may find it offensive and claim that the government is forcing me to join. The problem is that we are supposed to have a separate government from church and but the government is invading the church.

Its quite ironic. If there is a cross around the atheists claim thats an endorsement of religion. But if the cross is removed and nothing is there, that's an endorsement of the RELIGION of athiesm. No matter what, SOMETHING will be endorsed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

So then muslims cannot wear their hats or scarves. Hindus cannot wear their turbans. No red dots on their foreheads. Catholics cannot have ashes on their forheads on good friday. What about atheists and the fact that they wear nothing. I may find it offensive and claim that the government is forcing me to join. The problem is that we are supposed to have a separate government from church and but the government is invading the church.

Its quite ironic. If there is a cross around the atheists claim thats an endorsement of religion. But if the cross is removed and nothing is there, that's an endorsement of the RELIGION of athiesm. No matter what, SOMETHING will be endorsed.

Very true....there is simply just no pleasing everyone.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

People have more important things to worry about than what sort of jewelry a co-worker is wearing. Where does it stop? T-shirts with messages, etc.? C'mon, people.

People have more important things to worry about than what sort of jewelry a co-worker is wearing. Where does it stop? T-shirts with messages, etc.? C'mon, people....

:thumbsup:

Well

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

There Is That

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1960

I see no problem with restricting the adorning of jewelry in a working environment, if the restrictions are based on safety issues but to say that one can't wear a crucifix but allow others to have necklaces with charms etc is wrong.

Gary

I have no problem with people wearing a Cross at work. If somebody wears a neclklace with a trinket with an animal etc, then somebody should be able to wear a necklace with a Cross.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I see no problem with restricting the adorning of jewelry in a working environment, if the restrictions are based on safety issues but to say that one can't wear a crucifix but allow others to have necklaces with charms etc is wrong.

Gary

I have no problem with people wearing a Cross at work. If somebody wears a neclklace with a trinket with an animal etc, then somebody should be able to wear a necklace with a Cross.

I would understand if it were all necklaces and a health risk. Much like some work places do with rings of all natures due to the risk provided that they might get caught in something and risk loss of limb.

The cross being a matter of offense should be no worse than someone being allowed to wear an anarchy symbol. If there is no issue there...Jesus or anything remembering Him should not present itself to be one either.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

But there is no argument.

Firstly

"People have more important things to worry about than what sort of jewelry a co-worker is wearing. Where does it stop? T-shirts with messages, etc.? C'mon, people. "

Is this true? The workers who wear the cross have a more important thing to think about, Jesus Christ, and the ones who want to stop them wearing the cross obviously do not have more imporatant things to think about.

But it breaches human rights to prevent a worker from wearing the cross providing it isnt a danger with machinary etc. The UN Declaration of Human Rights article 18 protects freedom of religious expression.

We have some people in authority who have lost the plot. In the name of equality, inequality is enforced, and in the name of Human Rights, Human rights are abused.