• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

This is something that I see practiced a lot more in today's day and age. Women while some have done the most amazing things for God in the OT and NT days, I am curious as to what scripture says about women leading in the church. It has always been my belief that men, like they are in the Christian Family Home, are also supposed to be the Leaders in the Church Family. These are some of the key scriptures that I have gained such insight from. Is the understanding I have of these passages correct? Are there scriptures condoning as well as promoting women in church leadership roles?

1 Timothy 2:11-15 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

Women cannot lead the church according to much of the scriptures I have read. That is a position resigned for men. Though women are encouraged to teach one another. Nor are they necessarily discouraged from educating or ministering to children.

Titus 2:3-5 "The older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, a homemakers, good, b obedient to their own husbands, c that the word of God may not be blasphemed."

Church leadership roles are defined as those for men.

1 Timothy 3:1-13 "1 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a 1 bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not 2 given to wine, not violent, 3 not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not 4 covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a 5 novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the a snare of the devil. "

Please do not think this is an attempt to demean women. I am one, and glad God made me so. Just want to have a better and proper understanding of our roles in scripture as well as ministry. Thank you.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I wholeheartedly agree. Scripture says that leadership is for men only and I won't go to a church with a female leader. I do think that women are restricted to teaching other women and children. It's not about equal values but different roles. It isn't subversive at all. Infact I feel liberated, loved and respected as a Christian woman.

I wholeheartedly agree. Scripture says that leadership is for men only and I won't go to a church with a female leader. I do think that women are restricted to teaching other women and children. It's not about equal values but different roles. It isn't subversive at all. Infact I feel liberated, loved and respected as a Christian woman.

That is a beautiful way toa put it Candice. Really do feel that we are the supportive role in both our church family as well as our household families in terms of scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

The roles are obviously very clear. The problem with today is people have made it a discrimination issue. I have heard many.clever attempts to claim otherwise, but scripture is very clear, and no amount of smooth talking can change what's in black and white. Restricting women from being ministers is not sexist. It is simply the roles assigned to men and women. Just as men cannot be mothers and women cannot be fathers.

.... Just want to have a better and proper understanding of our roles in scripture as well as ministry....

Another Take

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

On Leadership

The principal of these martyrs were Vetius Agathus, a young man; Blandina, a Christian lady, of a weak constitution; Sanctus, a deacon of Vienna; red hot plates of brass were placed upon the tenderest parts of his body; Biblias, a weak woman, once an apostate. Attalus, of Pergamus; and Pothinus, the venerable bishop of Lyons, who was ninety years of age. Blandina, on the day when she and the three other champions were first brought into the amphitheater, she was suspended on a piece of wood fixed in the ground, and exposed as food for the wild beasts; at which time, by her earnest prayers, she encouraged others. But none of the wild beasts would touch her, so that she was remanded to prison. When she was again produced for the third and last time, she was accompanied by Ponticus, a youth of fifteen, and the constancy of their faith so enraged the multitude that neither the sex of the one nor the youth of the other were respected, being exposed to all manner of punishments and tortures. Being strengthened by Blandina, he persevered unto death; and she, after enduring all the torments heretofore mentioned, was at length slain with the sword.

http://www.worthychr...apter-2-part-1/

~

And

And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD: for he had nine hundred chariots of iron; and twenty years he mightily oppressed the children of Israel. And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. Judges 4:3-4

God Is Sovereign

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

But The Men Wimp Out

And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go. And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh. Judges 4:8-9

And So The Women Make Warfare

Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died. Judges 4:21

But Woe Unto The Brute That Meets With Two

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:30-32

Of God's Children Praying And Walking United With Christ Their KING

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?

And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

~

Be Blessed Beloved Princess Warriors, Daughters Of The Mighty KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Your Brothers Salutes You

Love. Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Nowhere in scripture are women forbidden to preach or to pastor. In fact, everyone is commanded to preach and by virtue of a life lived as disciples of Jesus Christ, we ought to be avid disciplers---and that is a pastoring role. So, all women in Christ are called to preach and to pastor.

Nowhere in scripture are women forbidden to preach or to pastor. In fact, everyone is commanded to preach and by virtue of a life lived as disciples of Jesus Christ, we ought to be avid disciplers---and that is a pastoring role. So, all women in Christ are called to preach and to pastor.

Did you not read the passages above...spells it out pretty clear.

1 Timothy 2:11-15 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

If I am not misreading women are implored the opposite. If not, then what does that verse mean?

Edited by AnotherSinner

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Paul was referring to a particular kind of behaviour---domineering. Including women was a new thing, and women needed to be taught how to learn. Rising up and speaking out of turn, some women trying to dominate, was a problem. But we do teach and we do lead in the Body of Christ.

Paul was referring to a particular kind of behaviour---domineering. Including women was a new thing, and women needed to be taught how to learn. Rising up and speaking out of turn, some women trying to dominate, was a problem. But we do teach and we do lead in the Body of Christ.

Going to read the introduction to the book of Timothy. Still feel as though as man is the head of the marriage....that he should be the same in the church. If I am wrong, then hopefully God will set me straight. Just do not see how women would be teachers when it clearly states man...over and over...like in this passage here that I shared also above. Again in Timothy.

1 Timothy 3:1-13 "1 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a 1 bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not 2 given to wine, not violent, 3 not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not 4 covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a 5 novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the a snare of the devil. "

Edited by AnotherSinner

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Women have an extremely difficult position given them by God and I am learning to respect that more each day as I interact with them.

I feel for women as they all have to deal with the Genesis 3:16 curse, her desire is to usurp the authority of the man. Whether it is ever proper for a woman to teach a man, I don't know, as Paul drew upon the Genesis account when explaining his reasoning. But I do know that most women I meet try to teach me something about God that they believe to be true. The exception being the one who doesn't believe in God. Women offer to 'teach' men here on these forums, rebuking, reproving and correcting as they go freely and willingly (God only knows how many bite their tongues until they bleed though). I am just glad that I was not made a woman as I don't think that I could refrain my tongue either. I feel for my sisters in Christ. Especially for those who have the truth and are introduced to men who are in error. May God give each and every sister the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of when to speak, how to speak, and when to hold their peace.

In His Love,

Gary