• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

There is a huge difference between sharing the good news, and having the authority to lead a flock. Never are we told that proclaiming the truth is a male only role. It's a very limited role having authority in the sense of the corporate body that women do not hold.

And for what it is worth, I believe Paul was married, and his wife died.

Tried to do some research on the matter earlier. It is some very contraversial ground. As the bible does not state either way and given that those who were seeking to have the position in which Paul sought before his conversion....there is a chance he was married or intended to be so and things went sour in that department once Paul gave himself over to Christ.

I have really wondered about this for some time. He was very knowledgable, thanks be to God for that, I am sure.

Edited by AnotherSinner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Something else to consider:

Textus Receptus: Aquila and Priscilla

Westcot and Hort: Priscilla and Aquila

Gary

Sounds lik the basis of a doctrine to me! :P

:thumbsup::24:

And he reminds us -

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

Yes, we are all equal in Christ, we are all Abraham's seed in Christ, we all died in Christ, we all were buried in Christ (Ro 6:3-4), we all were raised in Christ, and we all are seated with Christ in the heavenlies (Eph 2:6).

That is our spiritual position.

But in the created, material order, God has established lines of authority,

and the Word of God plainly states that the husband is head of the wife (Eph 5:23).

:thumbsup: Good summation there.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In context I think its pretty obvious that Paul was simply laying down some ground rules by telling a few noisy chatterbox women to be quiet in some early churches, perhaps they were possessed to some degree by the demons of disruption and feminism, so he quite rightly had to rebuke them.

Regarding women in the ministry nowadays, I personally have no objection providing they shape up.

If they don't, they should be spoken to by their church bosses, just as any male clergy should be spoken to if they also fall short.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

In no way does the manner in which we interact with each other as marriage partners have anything to do with our fulfilling God's calling on our lives in the Body of Christ!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In no way does the manner in which we interact with each other as marriage partners have anything to do with our fulfilling God's calling on our lives in the Body of Christ!

Oh yes it does. Ephesians 5 spells it out very clearly.

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.

30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Our marriages should reflect Christ love for us to the world. Everything we do should reflect as a testimony for Him. If we as husbands or wives not do what is listed below, how are we suppose to love our enemies.

All things, when completed according to scripture are to point toward Christ. He is the beginning and the end. ALL things were made by Him and for Him.

23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.

31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Our marriages should reflect Christ love for us to the world. Everything we do should reflect as a testimony for Him. If we as husbands or wives not do what is listed below, how are we suppose to love our enemies.

All things, when completed according to scripture are to point toward Christ. He is the beginning and the end. ALL things were made by Him and for Him.

We do not do right in our marriages as believers....how can we expect to do the same in the church? A man cannot beat his wife, and be able to walk fully in faith within the church.

Man is to love his wife as Christ loved the church....if he is to keep his wife free of blemish, are we not also supposed to keep sin and what is unholy out of the church?

Make sense?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

My giving my husband due respect as scripture instructs me has no bearing on my position should I take on a pastoring position in my church...which I have done in the past.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If there are women leading churches, the first question that should be asked is......

"Where are the men, and what are they doing?"

I believe that a woman should not run a church. But preach, teach and pastor to those with problems, yes.

There are times when a woman is needed to pastor a situation, and will do so better than a man.

Why would Jesus not want a woman who is filled with the Spirit to share? I have heard some awesome preaches by women, and my faith has gained strength because of them.

If there are women leading churches, the first question that should be asked is......

"Where are the men, and what are they doing?"

I believe that a woman should not run a church. But preach, teach and pastor to those with problems, yes.

There are times when a woman is needed to pastor a situation, and will do so better than a man.

Why would Jesus not want a woman who is filled with the Spirit to share? I have heard some awesome preaches by women, and my faith has gained strength because of them.

Agreed, the pastoral role of a church leader is Biblically assigned to MAN.