WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,394
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Thursday said Republicans should give President Barack Obama another term if Santorum isn't the GOP nominee and for a second day compared rival Mitt Romney to an Etch A Sketch toy.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/washington-cbslocal-com-2012-03-22-santorum-might-as-well-have-obama-over-romney-/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Thursday said Republicans should give President Barack Obama another term if Santorum isn't the GOP nominee and for a second day compared rival Mitt Romney to an Etch A Sketch toy.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/washington-cbslocal-com-2012-03-22-santorum-might-as-well-have-obama-over-romney-/

The type of campaign Romney is running is nothing new. After all, it was Richard Nixon himself who said Republicans should "run to the right" in primaries, then - once the nomination is attained - "run to the center" in the general election.

We already know Romney will say anything or take any position to achieve what he wants - in this case, the presidency. Nothing new there.

So then - what about the merits of what Santorum said?

Personally (and let me stress that these are my views only) I believe we as a nation are past the point where elections matter (in the "big picture" or grand scheme of things). I view the choice between Romney (and the republcans) vs. Obama (and the democrats) the same as a man who is condemned to death given the choice - hanging or gas chamber.

One is quicker than the other - but both end the same way.

There are many ways we have been blessed by God as a nation over the years. One of the ways is that God-fearing men created for us perhaps one of the best forms of government ever known. But - in the end - these were men. The government they created for us WAS NOT perfect. Over the years, it's become more and more corrupt.

So, the seeds of corruption have been sown and harvest time is (or soon will be) here.

Though I could never actually cast a vote for Obama, I can see where Santorum might have a point. What he's saying is (in effect):

If we're going to inevitably crash - let's hurry up and do it and get it over with.

Blessings!

-Ed

The type of campaign Romney is running is nothing new. After all, it was Richard Nixon himself who said Republicans should "run to the right" in primaries, then - once the nomination is attained - "run to the center" in the general election.

We already know Romney will say anything or take any position to achieve what he wants - in this case, the presidency. Nothing new there.

So then - what about the merits of what Santorum said?

Personally (and let me stress that these are my views only) I believe we as a nation are past the point where elections matter (in the "big picture" or grand scheme of things). I view the choice between Romney (and the republcans) vs. Obama (and the democrats) the same as a man who is condemned to death given the choice - hanging or gas chamber.

One is quicker than the other - but both end the same way.

There are many ways we have been blessed by God as a nation over the years. One of the ways is that God-fearing men created for us perhaps one of the best forms of government ever known. But - in the end - these were men. The government they created for us WAS NOT perfect. Over the years, it's become more and more corrupt.

So, the seeds of corruption have been sown and harvest time is (or soon will be) here.

Though I could never actually cast a vote for Obama, I can see where Santorum might have a point. What he's saying is (in effect):

If we're going to inevitably crash - let's hurry up and do it and get it over with.

Blessings!

-Ed

AMEN, Ed.

Guest Butero

All he was saying is that if the GOP nominates a candidate with few differences from Obama, we have no real choice. This was a reaction to the comments earlier in the week where a spokesman for the Romney campaign indicated Romney would simply throw a switch and become moderate for the general election campaign. In other words, he is only pretending to be conservative.

The rhetoric is getting a bit heated, and that does concern me, but Santorum has a point. There is no question in my mind that Romney would be an improvement over Obama, but I would rather have a true conservative rather than a moderate posing as a conservative.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Blessings!

-Ed

May I ask what you expect to happen after the crash?

Whatever the result would be administered by the person who is President at that time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I never thought I would see a primary get this bad......:blink: Although I do agree with Santorum that there is so little difference between Obama and Romney that people will simply not vote. Romney couldn't fire up the base with a blowtorch.

Guest Butero

I never thought I would see a primary get this bad......:blink: Although I do agree with Santorum that there is so little difference between Obama and Romney that people will simply not vote. Romney couldn't fire up the base with a blowtorch.

Romney can't fire up the Republican base, but Obama will.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Romney can't fire up the Republican base, but Obama will.

I never thought of it that way but, I guess he will. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

:24: :24: :24: :24:

I found this so hilarious and so true. However, even though Romney may not be the true conservative to fire up the Republican base, it is inevitable that he will win the nomination, in my humble opinion. Then he will lose in the general election. The GOP really never stood a chance with any of their candidates this year. They simply don't have a charismatic, principled, intelligent and strong politician this go around.

Guest Butero

:24: :24: :24: :24:

I found this so hilarious and so true. However, even though Romney may not be the true conservative to fire up the Republican base, it is inevitable that he will win the nomination, in my humble opinion. Then he will lose in the general election. The GOP really never stood a chance with any of their candidates this year. They simply don't have a charismatic, principled, intelligent and strong politician this go around.

You are overlooking the anger towards Obama. One thing I will say for Romney is he is willing to get into the mud and fight dirty, something John McCain wouldn't do. I believe even Romney has a better than 50-50 chance of winning based on hatred for Obama and the fact Romney seems to be willing to do anything it takes to win.