I Am Asking That People Don't Tag Me!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Monarchy - in all the years I've been at Worthy, the KJV only has been one of the most heated debates on the forums. It brings out the claws in some, the compassion in others. It's really amazing to me how polarized this topic is.

Now - let me tell you - and everyone else - about me. I suppose I could be classified as a KJV only as well. That's all I read, and all I want to read. However, it's not because I've studied the histories of that and all the other versions. Nope. It's because God speaks to me when I read it. That's not to say that He wouldn't speak to me if I read an ESV or ASV or whatever version, but when He FIRST spoke to me it was in the beautiful pages of a KJV. Therefore, knowing that was a fruitful well, that's where I return again, and again. Pure and simple, eh? I have friends who read other versions, and tell me that He speaks to them through those versions. I don't doubt it and I don't question it since it is the Holy Spirit within us that connects us and teaches us and guides us to those moments. It's just my hope that those who think the KJV is the only avenue through which God can speak will come to understand that the Holy Spirit is aware of any errors, and can guide the people in spite of them.

I won't tag you, my friend, unless it's to recall that we walk the same path, growing ever closer to the finish line. Just don't let the idea of a tag sidetrack you. We still have a long way to travel. :emot-hug: