• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The purpose of the "Rapture" has nothing AT ALL to do with rescuing the Church from "the antichrist". The term rapture is a misnomer, the proper term is allasso, which means to exchange one thing for another. This is what happens to living saints at the resurrection. The dead rise first, and then the living believers go through allasso or change (specifically change of the body).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i agree given the statements by paul

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

more info?

more info?

when he talks about the rapture he first mentions the bodily ressurection of our lord then says we will not all sleep and all will rise when he comes.

jesus talks about the last day having one ressurection. for the damned to hell and for the christians to eternalife. i like to take jesus at his word.

more info?

when he talks about the rapture he first mentions the bodily ressurection of our lord then says we will not all sleep and all will rise when he comes.

jesus talks about the last day having one ressurection. for the damned to hell and for the christians to eternalife. i like to take jesus at his word.

The rapture is clearly stated in 1Th 4:16-17:

Step 1: The Lord himself will come down from heaven

Step 2: The dead in Christ will rise first

Step 3: We who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.

Step 4: And so we will be with the Lord forever.

do proper exegesis and tell me what that means to the saved gentile and or jew in the tribulation?

and with this

john 5

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation

one ressurection at the same time for the lost and the saved.

john 6

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The word harpazo simply means to be carried off by force. This occurs on the last day as well. The allasso occurs DURING the harpazo. It may well be the means by which the change is carried out. We know the change occurs on the Last Day. We know that the snatching away occurs when the Lord comes to get us, which is also on the Last Day. So, there is no appreciable difference.

Interestingly enough, Jesus is said to be harpazo to the Father's throne in Revelation 12:5, shortly after his birth.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The rapture will make Israel jealous and turn their attention to Yeshua - the One that they denied and they will once again return to their first Love.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The rapture will make Israel jealous and turn their attention to Yeshua - the One that they denied and they will once again return to their first Love.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

:thumbsup:

Scripture says that salvation coming to the Gentiles is what would provoke Israel to jealousy.(Romans 11:11)

Is there scripture to back the statement in your post?

bee

more info?

The rapture is clearly stated in 1Th 4:16-17:

Step 1: The Lord himself will come down from heaven

Step 2: The dead in Christ will rise first

Step 3: We who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.

Step 4: And so we will be with the Lord forever.

do proper exegesis and tell me what that means to the saved gentile and or jew in the tribulation?

I wanna' do improper exegesis! :P

"Tribulation" comes from unfulfilled prophecy, whose private interpretation cannot be certain.

God's people have a miserable track record of interpreting prophecy before it is fulfilled.

So I don't engage in what is not certain.

I stick to what is plain and certain, with the certain knowledge that what is not plain and certain will be in agreement with what is.

But what is certain is clearly stated in 1Th 4:16-17.

Therefore, one's understanding of the meaning of anything in unfulfilled prophecy (tribulation) whose meaning cannot be certain, must be in agreement with what is certain in 1Th 4:16-17, as it relates to the saved gentile and or jew in the tribulation.

and with this -- john 5

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation

one ressurection at the same time for the lost and the saved.

john 6

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

These are not prophecy. Their meaning is certain.

1) At the end of time, Jesus will descend from heaven with a loud command (Come forth!) -- (Jn 5:28-29),

and all that are in their graves shall hear his voice and come forth, the sheep and the goats.

2) Those in the ground who are in Christ will come forth with glorified bodies. (1Th 4:16)

3) Those in Christ who are above the ground will be transformed instantaneously. (1Co 15:52)

4) Then both will rise to meet the Lord in the air (1Th 4:17),

5) and accompany Jesus down to earth (1Th 4:14) in the parousia.

beeep, beep. attention earth, the rapture has occured t-minus 6 years 364 days and 59 days till the lord comes. somehow that violates the very idea of know man knoweth the hour. unless you can prove to me that in the tribulation that man isnt a man anymore. the problem is here that either god decieves the new believers in that dont know the raptured happened or that its wrong or they do know? a million plus believers gone in one day will be noticed!

ironic, every time i talk this stuff its the futurists who gave the very reason to walk way from it all, none of the preterists or historicsts really convinced me. i tried to really defend it and each time it was some futurist making one of these statements. apparently you arent aware of the barrier tween jew and christian and the fact that jews are jealous of us at times. they wont say it but im sure looking at what we have done with the word and how we live it does get them angry and green.