• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Hmm… Obama v. Romney… Not exactly what I envisioned for the election in which I am able to vote. I don’t trust Romney at all and I’m not happy with everything Obama has done. That being said, I want to wait until the debates and the GOP VP is picked before I make any final decision on who to vote for.

My problems with Romney

Flip flopping

Lack of any clear goals (besides beat Obama)

Position on the Patriot Act

My problems with Obama

His economic policies (bailouts, maintaining the Bush tax cuts, etc.)

What I want out of a president

Cuts to the DoD (leaner, greener, fighting machine)

Rapid end to Iraq and Afghanistan (with only 10,000 specialized trainers to create a ready-to-fight army by 2014)

Reinstatement of normal tax levels (end to Bush era tax cuts)

Tax reform (no deductions, loopholes, etc. – just simple percentages)

You must be one of those vaunted "independents" we keep hearing about! :laugh:

Prepare for your phone to be ringing "off the hook" and your mailbox to be stuffed full to overflowing with pleas for money over the next several months.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

Hmm… Obama v. Romney… Not exactly what I envisioned for the election in which I am able to vote. I don’t trust Romney at all and I’m not happy with everything Obama has done. That being said, I want to wait until the debates and the GOP VP is picked before I make any final decision on who to vote for.

My problems with Romney

Flip flopping

My problems with Obama

Rapid end to Iraq and Afghanistan (with only 10,000 specialized trainers to create a ready-to-fight army by 2014)

if i may as well i know that leaner and greener machine is useless in reality. what do you expect to win a bunch of techies in the next war?

i hate the idea of that the army relies too much computers to fight wars. computers break down and gps fail and finnally the darn bad intel and or uav misses the target or kills the innocents. enjoy them leaner national guards and keep that im mind when they respond to your distress.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

My problems with Romney

Flip flopping

My problems with Obama

if i may as well i know that leaner and greener machine is useless in reality. what do you expect to win a bunch of techies in the next war?

i hate the idea of that the army relies too much computers to fight wars. computers break down and gps fail and finnally the darn bad intel and or uav misses the target or kills the innocents. enjoy them leaner national guards and keep that im mind when they respond to your distress.

Actually yes, I do expect that the next war will be won by the more advanced army. Highly trained special forces troops with integrated computer systems have already proven themselves in Afghanistan and Iraq. Computers can break down but they do so a lot less often then humans. We are frail creatures :(. As to the issue with accuracy, computers make it possible to launch our missiles with more and more accuracy. It is humans who tell the UAV when to launch it and where to launch it. It is human error that leads to the death of innocents.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

My problems with Romney

Flip flopping

My problems with Obama

Actually yes, I do expect that the next war will be won by the more advanced army. Highly trained special forces troops with integrated computer systems have already proven themselves in Afghanistan and Iraq. Computers can break down but they do so a lot less often then humans. We are frail creatures :(. As to the issue with accuracy, computers make it possible to launch our missiles with more and more accuracy. It is humans who tell the UAV when to launch it and where to launch it. It is human error that leads to the death of innocents.

i have learned all to well that when a computer does it tends to fail alot in bad situations.

lets say your are on a patrol you take a hit no is dead yet but your senior sgt is loosing blood and your gps(the only one) is shot and you can talk to the toc and yet you are lost as that gps told you where you are.

without good map reading skills you will die. its not being taught in the right places. i know i still serve and i can after all these years find my place on a map but many a new soldiers are taught to use that gps. and rely on it. when it came out it was a back up not the primary source of navigation.i have been to country. ever wonder how jessica lynch unit was attacked and why? simple they got lost and went of the msr and were ambushed. had they had basic map skills that wouldnt have ever happened!

Guest Butero

There is no way I am conceding this election to Obama. I am no fan of Romney, but the idea that he has no chance of beating Obama is ludicrous. If Romney was facing Clinton in his second term as Dole was, with the economy in good shape, I would agree that he has no chance, but that is not the case. Obama is one of the weakest incumbants I have ever seen, and there is a wealth of things to use against him. Almost anyone could beat Obama if they are willing to make the election about his failed Presidency. When I say almost anyone, I am including Mitt Romney. He can beat Obama, and I believe that he has a better than average chance of winning, so long as he doesn't pull a McCain and refuse to go after Obama with all the ammunition at his disposal. McCain almost seemed content to simply be the GOP nominee. I think Romney wants to be President, and if he will go after Obama with the same intensity that he went after Santorum and Gingrich, he will win.

My problems with Romney

Flip flopping

My problems with Obama

i have learned all to well that when a computer does it tends to fail alot in bad situations.

lets say your are on a patrol you take a hit no is dead yet but your senior sgt is loosing blood and your gps(the only one) is shot and you can talk to the toc and yet you are lost as that gps told you where you are.

without good map reading skills you will die. its not being taught in the right places. i know i still serve and i can after all these years find my place on a map but many a new soldiers are taught to use that gps. and rely on it. when it came out it was a back up not the primary source of navigation.i have been to country. ever wonder how jessica lynch unit was attacked and why? simple they got lost and went of the msr and were ambushed. had they had basic map skills that wouldnt have ever happened!

I understand that computers can fail under extreme circumstances and basic skills should always be required but even you have to admit that computer integrated systems have improved our troop's combat readiness and ability to fight in future wars. With the dawn of UAVs and other such devices we are able to limit the amount of soldiers in danger and cut down on costs.

There is no way I am conceding this election to Obama. I am no fan of Romney, but the idea that he has no chance of beating Obama is ludicrous. If Romney was facing Clinton in his second term as Dole was, with the economy in good shape, I would agree that he has no chance, but that is not the case. Obama is one of the weakest incumbants I have ever seen, and there is a wealth of things to use against him. Almost anyone could beat Obama if they are willing to make the election about his failed Presidency. When I say almost anyone, I am including Mitt Romney. He can beat Obama, and I believe that he has a better than average chance of winning, so long as he doesn't pull a McCain and refuse to go after Obama with all the ammunition at his disposal. McCain almost seemed content to simply be the GOP nominee. I think Romney wants to be President, and if he will go after Obama with the same intensity that he went after Santorum and Gingrich, he will win.

According to the last polls I've seen Romney would lose to Obama in an open election but maybe that will change.

Guest Butero

According to the last polls I've seen Romney would lose to Obama in an open election but maybe that will change.

Now that we know he is going to be the nominee, I expect things to tighten up. It will come down to the kind of campaign Romney runs. He needs to move quickly away from attack ads on Santorum and Gingrich, and go after Obama. This shouldn't even be hard. I could write effective attack ads against Obama, and I know professionals could destroy him. This isn't 2008 where he had no real record to use against him. People aren't going to be overly motivated to vote for Romney. I know that I am not, but I am very motivated to defeat Obama, and if Romney is the only thing standing between us and a second term for Obama, Romney has my full support.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

The polls out there are invalid. They were absolutely 180 degree's wrong on the 08 mid terms.:thumbsup: