AnotherSinner

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Its best to understand the mystery of righteousness before confronting the mystery of iniquity. Knowing the ways of the Lord makes the ways of the anti Christ apparent. Wandering in the darkness without the Light will inevitably lead to stumbling.

1 John 2:26 "These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (emphasis added)

As it works out 1 John 2:18-25 is about the anti Christ. The use of the term anointing is apt as it is Christ (the anointed) which anoints us, as is mentioned in 1 John 2:20. Let Christ tell you what scripture means and He will never steer you wrong! Dont take my word for it, take His Word.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

Rome is the beast.

Rome is not the beast. Rome is the 6th king/kingdom of the beast.

Seven kingdoms (kings) (Revelation 17:10)

Egypt __________|

Assyria _________|

Babylon _________| _____ ('five are fallen')

Media/Persia _____|

Greece _________|

Rome (6th kingdom - 'and one is')

A future global coalition to rule the first 42 months of the tribulation (7th kingdom - 'the other is not yet come')

The Antichrist's Empire to rule the last 42 months of the tribulation (8th kingdom - 'the beast that was and is not') (Revelation 17:11)

Nero is the personification of the beast.

Nero was a type of an antichrist but not "The endtime Antichrist"

It is NERO, not Rome, which went into the Lake of Fire.

No one is in the Lake of Fire. The False Prophet and The Antichrist are the first 2 people to enter the Lake of Fire. And they are still very much alive.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Rome is the beast.

Rome is not the beast. Rome is the 6th king/kingdom of the beast.

Seven kingdoms (kings) (Revelation 17:10)

Egypt __________|

Assyria _________|

Babylon _________| _____ ('five are fallen')

Media/Persia _____|

Greece _________|

Rome (6th kingdom - 'and one is')

A future global coalition to rule the first 42 months of the tribulation (7th kingdom - 'the other is not yet come')

The Antichrist's Empire to rule the last 42 months of the tribulation (8th kingdom - 'the beast that was and is not') (Revelation 17:11)

Nero is the personification of the beast.

Nero was a type of an antichrist but not "The endtime Antichrist"

It is NERO, not Rome, which went into the Lake of Fire.

No one is in the Lake of Fire. The False Prophet and The Antichrist are the first 2 people to enter the Lake of Fire. And they are still very much alive.

IN the pre-millennial understanding, what you say is correct. The pre-millennial understanding is not the only eschatology, NOR IS IT NECESSARILY THE CORRECT ONE. All eschatology is theory until the Second Coming finally occurs. Pre-millennialists have the nasty habit of thinking that they are the ONLY eschatology and the entire Body of Christ believes the way they do. They aren't. The fact is that the early church believed far more post-millennial teachings, though there was also pre-mil teaching. The pre-mil teachings of the early church DON'T match up with modern pre-millennialism.

BTW...Kevin, are you TRYING to bring a curse on yourself? Rev 17:10 says KINGS, not kingdoms. Seven kings. Changing the words of Revelation to meet your understanding is not recommended.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

AS, here is a small excerpt from 1 John dealing with the spirit of antichrist. If you find this helpful and would like to know more, I would be more than happy to continue. If not, I will not.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Everyone has the potential to be of Christ or Antichrist. As the scripture states there are many antichrists and it is for this reason we know that it is the last time. They begin in the church but they leave because they are not truly born of the spirit of God but rather receive the spirit of antichrist. They do not bear the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, faith, meekness etc. Instead they continue in sin in the guise of following christ. Their attitudes toward people never change. They find it impossible to forgive unless their own personal expectations are met by the one being forgiven. They are everywhere today, including here at worthy.

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

We are surrounded by spirits that offer to give us what we want/need who offer us to take their yoke upon us and learn to get what we want/need in this world. It is the objective of the believer to be accepting or receive the Holy Spirit and not reject him as Stephen spoke of those that stoned him. If one receives the love of God, then they may also give it unto others. But if one simply receives the spirit of antichrist they will be full of that which is not of God. Wolves in sheep's clothing they seek to devour that which is good.

25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

If we receive and follow after the spirit of God rather than anitchrist, we are promised life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He wrote because he understood that there would be antichrists coming to places like worthy with a message that you cannot actually be like Christ and seduce you through feigned words. But he explains that we who actually have received and not rejected the Holy Spirit are taught of him and understand truth by walking in it.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

I am sorry, but this a bit much for me to grasp. We are to work to be like Christ in faith and action right? Turning away from all sin and temptation. Loving one another, be it friend or enemy as Jesus loved us....correct? These false prophets or AntiChrists....they are .... sorry I am slow I guess. I understand that they are going to work to deceive. That much I am grasping but how do we know them? How do we know that....we ourselves...are not becoming one?

Sorry...I know I ask much. Feel really uninformed and uneducated, so I ask many questions.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, great questions. The bible speaks of false prophets, false brethren and, false apostles all of which are of the spirit of antichrist. You asked if we are to work to be like Christ in faith and action, turning way from all sin and temptation while loving one another. I would answer both yes and no. The process of sanctification comes from being exposed to both the word of God and those who are sanctified. Paul's greatest witness of his words was the life he lived that others saw. Paul was who he was and did what he did simply because he believed it was of God and therefore the right thing to do. He was given precise understanding of spiritual things and applied them to his life daily.

A counterfeit bill looks similar to the real thing and can be very difficult discern. A false brother can be just as difficult to spot. Consider Judas, none of the other 11 knew that he would be the betrayer and they lived with him daily. If we are to be able to identify a true from false we must know what a true follower of Christ actually is. The difference isn't necessarily in what they do or even how they do it but in the motive behind the actions. God is love. 1 Corinthians 13 brings out the truth of conversion dividing light from darkness in the context of love. We are told in Isaiah that a mans goodness is as the flower of the grass and is glorious in its season but the heat of the sun causes the flower to fall just as trials cause a mans goodness to wain. Man is willing to love as long as he is receiving the benefit of that love. God is love. Christ is love. Christs true followers are becoming love. Those who have been perfected in that love have boldness in the day of judgment. They have experienced trials and developed patience through them. That patience became a notch in the belt of experience. That experience developed into hope of life because they found themselves walking as he walked having the love of God shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Christianity can be feigned. Love can be feigned. That which is feigned cannot last as it is only powered by the will of man who can only sustain for so long before he begins to degenerate. True conversion is God speaking to your heart and saying this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, which is followed by being washed in the water of the word. Soaking in it. The Holy Spirit of God teaching you daily as you read. Showing you 'how' things work and giving you the understanding you need to overcome sin and be victorious in godliness.

There was a time in my walk that I wondered if I were just a fake. I didn't have any Holy Spirit teaching me or anything like that. I vacillated between good and evil. I was convicted severely about my walk and the fact that there was no real drive to be like Christ that was sustainable. What I learned was that I was just trying to 'do' what was right without having my heart in it believing that it truly was the right way to be. It is one thing to understand that when we disagree with God on anything that he is right and we are wrong, but it is entirely a different matter to completely agree with him. Concession is good but vulnerable to temptation. Conversion is seeing things as God sees them and is fireproof. When I finally reached the point that I understood what it meant that knowing the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent is eternal life, it changed everything for me. My deceitful heart could no longer feign anything. I either had to become genuine or face damnation.

All that is Antichrist is powered by the spirit of Antichrist including the future ruler who God will allow to rule the planet. All those who twist the word of God to their own destruction are led of the spirit of Antichrist and eventually will fall prey to the manifestation of Antichrist who rules the globe. So when your reading the bible and it speaks about that which is evil, darkness, unclean, unrighteous or truth of God made a lie, you are hearing about Antichrist. All that which opposes truth. They are the dogs who eat their own vomit, pigs that go back to wallow in the mud, the concision who claim circumcision but are not, evil workers who tell you that you can not be like Christ till you die of which the bible warns us to turn away from them as they lead away captive those who are laden with sin.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

Thank you for your patience with me. Judas is a good example.....he walked with Jesus, talked with Him, was perhaps seen as a friend and brother in faith to Him. None of the disciples could have fathomed the possibility of one of their own betraying, then....when you become close to another person and give someone your trust, you would hope these such things would not be possible. Outwardly Judas, like the others believed in Jesus and followed Him. Yet inwardly.... there was something darker and far more sinister going on.

So....more or less, it is not my actions as I grow that I need to be concerned about, but my intentions as I do these things? Please do not think I am saying that the way I choose to live after Christ is not important, it is...but guess what you are trying to say to me and something scripture says that is very true in this case would be:

Faith without works is dead. Works without faith...likewise right?

It goes so much further than simply obeying the commandments but doing as Jesus summed up we should. To love our neighbor....which of course is not just family or friend, but also those who do not like us and would seek to destroy our faith. Also to love God with all that we are, just as He did when He sent Jesus, His Son to die for us. It is....as if indeed we are to be a loyal bride unto Jesus, our bridegroom much as we are encouraged and taught to be true in our marriages. I understand this now a bit better than I did yesterday.

As to the AntiChrist....even false prophets...think I know the attitude for which I may want to look for as they were around in Jesus' day. The Pharisees and Saduccees I think...play a good example here as they were supposed to be the religious leaders of that time. Yet so often when Jesus would speak, they would use scripture as their arms against Him as well as their interpretation thereof. Yet when Jesus taught them....they harbored increasing anger as well as hatred in their hearts. They were not willing to see the truth of God's kingdom that was laid out before them.

Thanks again Gary.

May God Bless You

Dani

The Kingdoms Of Men

And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. Revelations 17:9-10

Are Just Speed Bumps

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3

In The Road To Glory

The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;

To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. Psalms 145:9-13

~

.... It is NERO, not Rome, which went into the Lake of Fire....

No one is in the Lake of Fire. The False Prophet and The Antichrist are the first 2 people to enter the Lake of Fire. And they are still very much alive....

Not To Worry Beloved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Jesus Saves

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and my Father are one. John 10:27-30

~

And As For Those Two Hell Boys

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Revelations 19:19-20

All Will Be Done In His Time

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

In His Time

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2 Thessalonians 2:13

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The Returning KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

AS, here is a small excerpt from 1 John dealing with the spirit of antichrist. If you find this helpful and would like to know more, I would be more than happy to continue. If not, I will not.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Everyone has the potential to be of Christ or Antichrist. As the scripture states there are many antichrists and it is for this reason we know that it is the last time. They begin in the church but they leave because they are not truly born of the spirit of God but rather receive the spirit of antichrist. They do not bear the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, faith, meekness etc. Instead they continue in sin in the guise of following christ. Their attitudes toward people never change. They find it impossible to forgive unless their own personal expectations are met by the one being forgiven. They are everywhere today, including here at worthy.

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

We are surrounded by spirits that offer to give us what we want/need who offer us to take their yoke upon us and learn to get what we want/need in this world. It is the objective of the believer to be accepting or receive the Holy Spirit and not reject him as Stephen spoke of those that stoned him. If one receives the love of God, then they may also give it unto others. But if one simply receives the spirit of antichrist they will be full of that which is not of God. Wolves in sheep's clothing they seek to devour that which is good.

If we receive and follow after the spirit of God rather than anitchrist, we are promised life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He wrote because he understood that there would be antichrists coming to places like worthy with a message that you cannot actually be like Christ and seduce you through feigned words. But he explains that we who actually have received and not rejected the Holy Spirit are taught of him and understand truth by walking in it.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

I am sorry, but this a bit much for me to grasp. We are to work to be like Christ in faith and action right? Turning away from all sin and temptation. Loving one another, be it friend or enemy as Jesus loved us....correct? These false prophets or AntiChrists....they are .... sorry I am slow I guess. I understand that they are going to work to deceive. That much I am grasping but how do we know them? How do we know that....we ourselves...are not becoming one?

Sorry...I know I ask much. Feel really uninformed and uneducated, so I ask many questions.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, great questions. The bible speaks of false prophets, false brethren and, false apostles all of which are of the spirit of antichrist. You asked if we are to work to be like Christ in faith and action, turning way from all sin and temptation while loving one another. I would answer both yes and no. The process of sanctification comes from being exposed to both the word of God and those who are sanctified. Paul's greatest witness of his words was the life he lived that others saw. Paul was who he was and did what he did simply because he believed it was of God and therefore the right thing to do. He was given precise understanding of spiritual things and applied them to his life daily.

A counterfeit bill looks similar to the real thing and can be very difficult discern. A false brother can be just as difficult to spot. Consider Judas, none of the other 11 knew that he would be the betrayer and they lived with him daily. If we are to be able to identify a true from false we must know what a true follower of Christ actually is. The difference isn't necessarily in what they do or even how they do it but in the motive behind the actions. God is love. 1 Corinthians 13 brings out the truth of conversion dividing light from darkness in the context of love. We are told in Isaiah that a mans goodness is as the flower of the grass and is glorious in its season but the heat of the sun causes the flower to fall just as trials cause a mans goodness to wain. Man is willing to love as long as he is receiving the benefit of that love. God is love. Christ is love. Christs true followers are becoming love. Those who have been perfected in that love have boldness in the day of judgment. They have experienced trials and developed patience through them. That patience became a notch in the belt of experience. That experience developed into hope of life because they found themselves walking as he walked having the love of God shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Christianity can be feigned. Love can be feigned. That which is feigned cannot last as it is only powered by the will of man who can only sustain for so long before he begins to degenerate. True conversion is God speaking to your heart and saying this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, which is followed by being washed in the water of the word. Soaking in it. The Holy Spirit of God teaching you daily as you read. Showing you 'how' things work and giving you the understanding you need to overcome sin and be victorious in godliness.

There was a time in my walk that I wondered if I were just a fake. I didn't have any Holy Spirit teaching me or anything like that. I vacillated between good and evil. I was convicted severely about my walk and the fact that there was no real drive to be like Christ that was sustainable. What I learned was that I was just trying to 'do' what was right without having my heart in it believing that it truly was the right way to be. It is one thing to understand that when we disagree with God on anything that he is right and we are wrong, but it is entirely a different matter to completely agree with him. Concession is good but vulnerable to temptation. Conversion is seeing things as God sees them and is fireproof. When I finally reached the point that I understood what it meant that knowing the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent is eternal life, it changed everything for me. My deceitful heart could no longer feign anything. I either had to become genuine or face damnation.

All that is Antichrist is powered by the spirit of Antichrist including the future ruler who God will allow to rule the planet. All those who twist the word of God to their own destruction are led of the spirit of Antichrist and eventually will fall prey to the manifestation of Antichrist who rules the globe. So when your reading the bible and it speaks about that which is evil, darkness, unclean, unrighteous or truth of God made a lie, you are hearing about Antichrist. All that which opposes truth. They are the dogs who eat their own vomit, pigs that go back to wallow in the mud, the concision who claim circumcision but are not, evil workers who tell you that you can not be like Christ till you die of which the bible warns us to turn away from them as they lead away captive those who are laden with sin.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

Thank you for your patience with me. Judas is a good example.....he walked with Jesus, talked with Him, was perhaps seen as a friend and brother in faith to Him. None of the disciples could have fathomed the possibility of one of their own betraying, then....when you become close to another person and give someone your trust, you would hope these such things would not be possible. Outwardly Judas, like the others believed in Jesus and followed Him. Yet inwardly.... there was something darker and far more sinister going on.

So....more or less, it is not my actions as I grow that I need to be concerned about, but my intentions as I do these things? Please do not think I am saying that the way I choose to live after Christ is not important, it is...but guess what you are trying to say to me and something scripture says that is very true in this case would be:

It goes so much further than simply obeying the commandments but doing as Jesus summed up we should. To love our neighbor....which of course is not just family or friend, but also those who do not like us and would seek to destroy our faith. Also to love God with all that we are, just as He did when He sent Jesus, His Son to die for us. It is....as if indeed we are to be a loyal bride unto Jesus, our bridegroom much as we are encouraged and taught to be true in our marriages. I understand this now a bit better than I did yesterday.

As to the AntiChrist....even false prophets...think I know the attitude for which I may want to look for as they were around in Jesus' day. The Pharisees and Saduccees I think...play a good example here as they were supposed to be the religious leaders of that time. Yet so often when Jesus would speak, they would use scripture as their arms against Him as well as their interpretation thereof. Yet when Jesus taught them....they harbored increasing anger as well as hatred in their hearts. They were not willing to see the truth of God's kingdom that was laid out before them.

Thanks again Gary.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, you get it, absolutely...one of the hardest things to stomach about being a Christian is that it is others who are called brothers or sisters who sometimes are the ones to do you harm. It is no accident that 1 Corinthians 11, when speaking of the Lords supper, opened up by calling out the division and heresy that was among them. These are things that lead to persecution within the church itself. When I began to question some of the teachings in a church that I attended, I was amazed at just how quickly the pastor got vehemently angry with me and took jabs at me with his words.

Yes, faith without works is dead and works without faith is dead also. Many people are busy doing a lot for the Lord with the wrong intentions. Think about those who practice the prosperity gospel that have mastered the principle of sowing and reaping but forgot to combine it with 1 Corinthians 13 love and so it means nothing. "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." And what shall he say unto them but depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you?

The biggest help I can give to anyone who is trying to learn and grow in Christ is to shed light on the fact that the Holy Spirit must be received and not resisted. Those who stoned Stephen were said to have resisted not received. Every morning I wake up and ask our Father to pour out his Holy Spirit upon me that I might be a tree with the fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, meekness, temperance, goodness etc for others to dine on. We receive his love and subsequently shed it upon others. Same with his mercy and his grace. And, yes, even giving it to those whom despise us. I once read a plaque that said "Destroy your enemies. Make them your friends." Kind of what Jesus did for me.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

BTW...Kevin, are you TRYING to bring a curse on yourself? Rev 17:10 says KINGS, not kingdoms. Seven kings. Changing the words of Revelation to meet your understanding is not recommended.

Kings are over their kingdoms. :wub:

God knows my intent. I wouldn't lead anyone astray from proper Biblical interpretation.

The pre-millennial understanding is not the only eschatology, NOR IS IT NECESSARILY THE CORRECT ONE.

Two of the main questions posed at the beginning of this thread was:

What Does The Bible Tell Us About The AntiChrist?

How will we know who he is?

Notice: "The Antichrist?", not "An Antichrist?", not "The spirit of Antichrist?"

She is asking what the Bible says about this specific human being, and how to understand WHO HE IS.

I have the answer and the doctrine to prove it.

Can you give her the name of the False Prophet? *against ToS*

Can you give her the name of the Antichrist? *against ToS*

Edited by OneLight
against ToS

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The pre-millennial understanding is not the only eschatology, NOR IS IT NECESSARILY THE CORRECT ONE.

Two of the main questions posed at the beginning of this thread was:

What Does The Bible Tell Us About The AntiChrist?

How will we know who he is?

Notice: "The Antichrist?", not "An Antichrist?", not "The spirit of Antichrist?"

She is asking what the Bible says about this specific human being, and how to understand WHO HE IS.

I have the answer and the doctrine to prove it.

Can you give her the name of the False Prophet? *against ToS*

Can you give her the name of the Antichrist? *against ToS*

What ever caused you to believe these two are the False Prophet and the Antichrist?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

May God Bless You

Dani

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

Thanks again Gary.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, you get it, absolutely...one of the hardest things to stomach about being a Christian is that it is others who are called brothers or sisters who sometimes are the ones to do you harm. It is no accident that 1 Corinthians 11, when speaking of the Lords supper, opened up by calling out the division and heresy that was among them. These are things that lead to persecution within the church itself. When I began to question some of the teachings in a church that I attended, I was amazed at just how quickly the pastor got vehemently angry with me and took jabs at me with his words.

Yes, faith without works is dead and works without faith is dead also. Many people are busy doing a lot for the Lord with the wrong intentions. Think about those who practice the prosperity gospel that have mastered the principle of sowing and reaping but forgot to combine it with 1 Corinthians 13 love and so it means nothing. "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." And what shall he say unto them but depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you?

The biggest help I can give to anyone who is trying to learn and grow in Christ is to shed light on the fact that the Holy Spirit must be received and not resisted. Those who stoned Stephen were said to have resisted not received. Every morning I wake up and ask our Father to pour out his Holy Spirit upon me that I might be a tree with the fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, meekness, temperance, goodness etc for others to dine on. We receive his love and subsequently shed it upon others. Same with his mercy and his grace. And, yes, even giving it to those whom despise us. I once read a plaque that said "Destroy your enemies. Make them your friends." Kind of what Jesus did for me.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

Think that is something...all of this....really is something I am learning. The ways I am learning though....perhaps are a bit strange. Was watching some of the movie, "The Passion of The Christ" for the first time last night. With my weak stomach, so many people were concerned that I might not be able to do it. Yet...somehow I know I can. Somehow I know this is something I need to see, and come to perhaps understand a little better of what life was possibly like back then. I have read a little, but feel so little understanding of WHO Jesus really was. I do not just want to go on other's claims of who He is and was. I want to be able to look at scripture and read His words and know...in a way, how He meant them to be heard.

There is so much...that my husband has been kind enough to teach me that he has known or understands of culture back in Jesus' day, but ....I have only learned so much. Wisdom or knowledge is something so often I have been discouraged from seeking because it can be a tool of the devil...but then I have asked myself...what was it that Solomon asked God for? Not wealth, nor power, or anything but Wisdom. He wanted knowledge. Yes....he had his faults just as any of us do, but clearly he ask for something that God did not mind giving him.

More than anything...I would like to know Jesus better so that way I can truly share Him and what He did for us with others. Yes...I have my own personal demons to fight, but it has just come to that point...where I do not want them holding me back anymore. There is so much I do not know.....

About the antiChrist

About the transition from old to new testament

Etc.

Thank you Gary for being so patient with me.

May God Bless You

Dani