• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I know so many families looking for safe, loving and consistent child-care for their kids while they work. Have you ever thought of offering babysitting services for others? Your children would derive a lot of pleasure with having other children around and you could supplement your income. Also, what about an outdoor vegetable garden or container garden to grow some vegetables? Sometimes if you cannot cut anything else from the budget, your only alternative is to add to the assets with a job. It would be an opportunity to have your children with you and to help others. Blessings!

Believer,

I have actually thought about that for some time. Have been applying for baby sitting jobs in the area where parents would not mind bringing their little ones into my home for care. That is something I have no plans to give up. Seeing as we rent our home....well the garden may be out of the question. Still, I could always ask right?

Nice suggestions...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I know so many families looking for safe, loving and consistent child-care for their kids while they work. Have you ever thought of offering babysitting services for others? Your children would derive a lot of pleasure with having other children around and you could supplement your income. Also, what about an outdoor vegetable garden or container garden to grow some vegetables? Sometimes if you cannot cut anything else from the budget, your only alternative is to add to the assets with a job. It would be an opportunity to have your children with you and to help others. Blessings!

Believer,

I have actually thought about that for some time. Have been applying for baby sitting jobs in the area where parents would not mind bringing their little ones into my home for care. That is something I have no plans to give up. Seeing as we rent our home....well the garden may be out of the question. Still, I could always ask right?

Nice suggestions...

Your landlord probably would not have a problem with box or container gardening and you'd be surprised how excited kids get when they see something they planted begin to grow! They are also more apt to try food that they grew and prepared. When I was a SAHM I had a group of friends at church and I started a "Moms Morning Out" on Thursdays mornings - from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - I took no more than 5 children and charged $20 per child. They had a lunch and we did crafts - painting outside - making papercup birdfeeders; sometimes we made individual pizzas for their lunches and they did all the toppings.... We worked in my little garden patch and they had fun. When the weather was warm - sprinkler play, and picnics in the yard - when it was raining, a good movie or story and lunch inside. I had fun - it cost little and kept my children happy with a playdate each week. I worked part-time at a church preschool when my little ones were small and they could be with me - that was fun and brought in some extra money. I also contacted a direct mail company that had me label and deliver brochures .... this was something I did with my kids. I have a good friend who is retired and who makes dinner 3 times a week (all word of mouth) ... she has 3 crockpots and she'll make a crockpot meal of items she's found on sale in the weekly circular and at least 3 people have made arrangements with her to buy one of her fabulous crock-pot dinners, salad, dessert (7-up Pound cakes) - feeds a family of 5-6 for $35.00 and is delicious and healthy! You would spend more at a restaurant and folks go by and pick up dinner on their way home. Get your family, friends and neighbors who do not save coupons - to give you the coupons from their Sunday papers and then plan a strategy to feed your family from what's on sale and plentiful! Blessings and best wishes!!!

Believer,

Nice suggestions...

Your landlord probably would not have a problem with box or container gardening and you'd be surprised how excited kids get when they see something they planted begin to grow! They are also more apt to try food that they grew and prepared. When I was a SAHM I had a group of friends at church and I started a "Moms Morning Out" on Thursdays mornings - from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - I took no more than 5 children and charged $20 per child. They had a lunch and we did crafts - painting outside - making papercup birdfeeders; sometimes we made individual pizzas for their lunches and they did all the toppings.... We worked in my little garden patch and they had fun. When the weather was warm - sprinkler play, and picnics in the yard - when it was raining, a good movie or story and lunch inside. I had fun - it cost little and kept my children happy with a playdate each week. I worked part-time at a church preschool when my little ones were small and they could be with me - that was fun and brought in some extra money. I also contacted a direct mail company that had me label and deliver brochures .... this was something I did with my kids. I have a good friend who is retired and who makes dinner 3 times a week (all word of mouth) ... she has 3 crockpots and she'll make a crockpot meal of items she's found on sale in the weekly circular and at least 3 people have made arrangements with her to buy one of her fabulous crock-pot dinners, salad, dessert (7-up Pound cakes) - feeds a family of 5-6 for $35.00 and is delicious and healthy! You would spend more at a restaurant and folks go by and pick up dinner on their way home. Get your family, friends and neighbors who do not save coupons - to give you the coupons from their Sunday papers and then plan a strategy to feed your family from what's on sale and plentiful! Blessings and best wishes!!!

It is very likely she will have no issue at all. Usually shop from discount stores for our groceries....such as Family Dollar and the like. It goes a long way.

Will keep looking for baby sitting jobs much as I have been off and on since June of last year. Otherwise will talk with the hubby and see what we can do about simple garden supplies and maybe I can keep looking just to see what all kinds of work from home professions there are out there for me. Already am doing one, but it is really just not cutting it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Please read these prayerfully. I ask what do they say to you?

<< 1 Corinthians 16 >>

King James Version

1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. 3And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. 4And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

<< 2 Corinthians 8 >>

King James Version

1Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 2How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 3For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; 4Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. 5And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. 6Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

7Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. 8I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. 9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 10And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. 11Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. 12For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 13For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: 14But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: 15As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

What exactly does Paul mean in bringing up the wilderness account of the manna collection and distribution among the people of God? Is it right for one to suffer hunger while another is holding an excess of manna in his possession? Does God give one the skill to become a doctor so that he might consume all the excess of his earnings upon his own lust while his brother in Christ is squeaking by to make ends meet? Does pride keep one who God has not given ability to from accepting a gift from the one who God has given too? What is God doing here? Who owns it all? Why did the early church not declare anything their own?

I admire anyone who will work diligently to use what God has given them to try to provide a life for their family and themselves as we are commanded to study to be quiet and do our own work and it is written that he who wouldn't work shouldn't eat. I commend both you and your husband Dani on your working to do that which is right and I fully support you in all things. Ask, seek, knock.

Gary

Please read these prayerfully. I ask what do they say to you?

<< 1 Corinthians 16 >>

King James Version

1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. 3And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. 4And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

<< 2 Corinthians 8 >>

King James Version

1Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 2How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 3For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; 4Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. 5And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. 6Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

7Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. 8I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. 9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 10And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago. 11Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have. 12For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. 13For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: 14But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: 15As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

What exactly does Paul mean in bringing up the wilderness account of the manna collection and distribution among the people of God? Is it right for one to suffer hunger while another is holding an excess of manna in his possession? Does God give one the skill to become a doctor so that he might consume all the excess of his earnings upon his own lust while his brother in Christ is squeaking by to make ends meet? Does pride keep one who God has not given ability to from accepting a gift from the one who God has given too? What is God doing here? Who owns it all? Why did the early church not declare anything their own?

I admire anyone who will work diligently to use what God has given them to try to provide a life for their family and themselves as we are commanded to study to be quiet and do our own work and it is written that he who wouldn't work shouldn't eat. I commend both you and your husband Dani on your working to do that which is right and I fully support you in all things. Ask, seek, knock.

Gary

Gary,

Scripture, God's word is always a welcome sight. Especially lately...as this week has been more than trying. In God...there is always solace as well as refuge. Reading as well as rereading the passages you have provided. I pray...that the message God spoke to you to share with me, has come through and that there is no misunderstanding upon my part. My husband and I have actually sat down and read them together, in both the translation you provided as well as the New International Version to better comprehend the messages within.

The first passage you provided translated: 1 Corinthians 6:1-4 (NIV) Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 3 Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable for me to go also, they will accompany me.

The next passage you shared was translated: 2 Corinthians 8:1-15 And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people. 5 And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us. 6 So we urged Titus, just as he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. 7 But since you excel in everything —in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you[a]—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. 8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. 9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.10 And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”[b]

Giving to God is very important. While my husband and I do, do this...perhaps we could try to give more often and perhaps if possible a little more. Most of the time we try to bring at least a little of the pocket change we have left over after bills or shopping has been done. If not, all that is left knowing that somehow God will provide if there is need. This is something I am going to pray about and talk with him on further as it is an important part of our relationship with God. No relationship can be all take, take, take. Right?

We have already tried to take a baby step this week, and hopefully many more follow. My husband and I were blessed with some swordfish right around the time in which my youngest son needed his medicine. So when the unexpected blessing of a friend came who surprised us with the finances to do so...we shared our blessing of swordfish, by giving what we had of that to this friend and her loved one. Their situation...is not so different from our own. Only this friend is working alone to support herself and her fiance who due to personal circumstances, is having true difficulty finding employment despite his best efforts.

Be it offering money up in the offering that is collected weekly at church....or learning of someone in need.... if my husband and I can do it.... I am going to look to God to enable us to do so. While we may not have much, we have enough to give or share in blessings with others. That is something...I can never argue against. For God has...and always will shower us in His love, mercy, and blessings.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, absolutely amazing what a person will hear when they sit to read the scriptures. My hope wasn't that you would see yourself as one who needs to give more but rather as one who could use to be open to receiving more from God. Though Jesus said it is better to give than to receive, he never said it was bad to receive. A lot of needless suffering is occurring within the church because those who have gathered much are using it to derive as much pleasure from life as they can while those who have gathered little are too busy feeling bad they have nothing to give. It is very disheartening.

Gary

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Prayers :wub:

Dani, absolutely amazing what a person will hear when they sit to read the scriptures. My hope wasn't that you would see yourself as one who needs to give more but rather as one who could use to be open to receiving more from God. Though Jesus said it is better to give than to receive, he never said it was bad to receive. A lot of needless suffering is occurring within the church because those who have gathered much are using it to derive as much pleasure from life as they can while those who have gathered little are too busy feeling bad they have nothing to give. It is very disheartening.

Gary

Gary,

The word of God is Jesus. He was the living word of God. Receiving while it is a pleasant thing, just does not reap the same reward as giving. To know that another person's needs are met and that there is a little hope at the end of the tunnel for another person, it is a wonderful thing. Especially when there have been instances in which one might have liked to see the same for them, and had to see through the storm.

That is likely why I believe so much in giving what I can...because when I have hoped to get the help from those closest to us, my husband and I have been left alone in the dark. When these same people end up in need...somehow, if we have the means...even if we are still hurt that we did not get help when we needed it, it is hard not to have compassion remembering how the help could have been used when we need it and give to another whose fortunes are no better, or worse off than our own.

There really is no greater award though at times for a little compassion than a smile. A smile on a person's face...especially knowing that this person felt like there was no one in the world that cared or like there was not a hope in the world after such has been restored...well...it is just amazing.

Thank you again for sharing those passages Gary.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Praying. Agree with a lot of the sound suggestions here. :)

Please don't think it is not OK to receive help from godly folk. That is biblically OK when we are in need.

Thankfully, you have food and clothing, a roof over your head.

Quote: A.S."There is a church that was willing to help us, but we just do not feel right asking for help. Especially when all we can give in return is some of our old clothes, canned goods, and nothing...that could equal up to the amount of a single washer or dryer. This is...just really embarrassing. Already on government assistance and feel like we are less of parents because of it. We really do want to get to a point where we will not need help anymore. Just...it is taking forever to get there. "

As long as there are no strings attached to the help the church wishes to give, you should not feel any embarrassment in receiving some assistance. No need to "return the favor" in the way of clothing, can goods, etc when you do not have it to give.

Over the years, we have only been to happy to help those in need when we can. Whether it was prayer, giving away Bibles, Christian books that edify, Christian tracts, help, time, cars, food, clothing, money, when we could do so was a blessing in of itself. With no strings attached to those on the receiving end. In the past/present when we have done such, we would expect nothing in return other than hope that folks would become Christians, or grow in their walk as Christians.

The true Church has been called to help those in need, both physically and spiritually according the Bible, it is tragic when any church does the opposite.

I think it's great you and your husband are reading the Bible together!

As far as that

I commend AnotherSinner and BFP for staying with your children at home as a mom, and for all moms that can do the same.

Here is a childrens Christian internet site my son enjoyed when he was younger: http://kids4truth.com/Home.aspx

This is part of God's One Church that I cannot only imagine for the entire Body of Christ, but look to be a part of ourselves:

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:1-5

Dani, accepting gifts from others when in need does two things.

1) Keeps one humble understanding that it is God who provides.

2) Credits the givers account with fruit against the day of judgment.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

Being poor and destitute, in need of support is one of the ways God balances the books as those whom he has given things to are able to extend grace and mercy unto others in need. Just as Paul told Timothy to warn those who would be rich in this world to share so that they lay up a good store against that day.

Don't feel bad about needing things. The instructions are to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. If your doing just that, don't be surprised when someone shows up with what you need, when you need it.

I have had people show up at my door with a few things I never asked for or said I needed. I had a man deliver a deep freezer that he needed to get rid of. He apologized that it had a dent in it...lol. I had another show up with 50lbs of bacon that he had no one to give it too. I have had a man write out $10,000 in checks to me to cover expenses that I could not. I had another man give me $2000 toward the purchase of a truck I bought for $2900.

I had been putting off buying a garden tiller because I couldn't justify spending the money on something that I would only use once a year. I figured I would just hand till again. Then a brother in Christ was sharing his story about 1/3 acre garden that he was going to have to hand till this year because the tiller he used to use was dead. I went out and bought the tiller and lent it to him to use for his garden. Now I have a tiller anytime someone has a need. Praise God for his goodness!

When I first became a believer, God directed me to proverbs 3:5-6 and I got the feeling he meant what he said and decided to take him up on his word. I do not lean unto my own understanding. I live in Gods economy. I am learning to abase and abound. I have stopped worrying about money all together. When I moved out of my previous home, I received a $450 check back from the gas company saying I overpaid for the year on my natural gas. My monthly gas bill had averaged $65 for a total of $780, so my total cost for gas that year was $330 as far as I can tell. The man I sold the house too has come to me complaining about the enormous gas bill that he keeps getting behind on and needing help with. I shared the gospel with him.

Gods ways are not our ways and we are to be still and know that he is God. It is his good pleasure to work with us when we seek him with our whole being. Now that doesn't mean that he always covers all of the bases as I have a current medical bill that takes most of my extra income to try to get rid of and he hasn't seen fit to pay it for me. But the debt is also tied directly to my sin that I had in my life. I had a different medical debt that wasn't due to sin on my own part and the hospital forgave the debt. It is so strange how it has worked out for me.

All I know is that through it all, I have learned to lean on him and to trust him. He has the power to make all grace abound to us or to tighten things up that we might seek him more. I once read in proverbs where the king prayed that God would not give him too little that he would steal or too much that he would forget God. I made that a prayer right then and there as I love the idea of contentment over excess or lack. God has pretty much answered my prayer since.

May the God of all favor bless you and your husband with every need you might have. First spiritual then physical.

Gary