• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You did not answer my question. Do you believe Jesus was a mere man, or do you believe He is God, the Son?

Holy Joe, OneLight's question is simple and a simple Yes or No will suffice to answer it.

Yes or No?

He Really Is The SON

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

Although Some Say Not

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3-4

~

When we are that person of Christ that God sent Jesus to teach and give to us to be, these doctrines and bylaws established by man are overruled. Christ in you is the same one who was in Jesus, anointed of Gods Spirit, if you have that same anointing and one with the Father as Jesus was one with the Father, John 17, then all of heaven is opened to you and no need any man teach you because your education comes from God himself.

Holy Joe, you do know this line of thinking is considered heresy by Orthodox Christianity? Maybe you are wording it wrong, but to say Christ entered Christ is an old, old heresy that taught Jesus did not become Messiah until the spirit of messiah entered into him. In other words, it says that Jesus of Nazareth and Messiah are two distinct and separate entities. That is completely false and not a true representation of Jesus Christ the God Man. Very God, Very Man.....

:thumbsup:

How Did HE Know?

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2 John 1:7

Well, He IS God Don't You Know....

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If Christ be in you, same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus, and have the mind of Christ, then what would be the difference in the one who was in Jesus? Are you suggesting that you have a different Christ in you from the one who was in Jesus Christ?

Joe

You did not answer my question. Do you believe Jesus was a mere man, or do you believe He is God, the Son?

Yet, I will answer yours.

I am suggesting that we are not God, as Christ is. Just because we have the Holy Spirit does not mean we are anywhere close to being God. The Holy Spirit created a new creation in us, and have the mind of Christ (thinking like He did) allows us a deeper understanding of scripture. Nowhere in scripture does God tell us we will be little gods here, of exactly like His Son because we have the Holy Spirit. That is adding to scripture.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

1 Corinthians 2:16

For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

There is a huge gap between what scripture says and what you are bring here.

Jesus said he was son of God so I have to take him at his word. God came to Jesus by His Spirit in Matt 3:16 and changed that man’s life and I have to take that by his word. And Jesus prayed to his God in John 17 and when he was crucified asking Father forgive them and I have to take that as his word. And I have to look at the same Spirit that is in me who was in Christ Jesus and I have to say the God that came to Jesus by His Spirit is the same one who came to me by His same Spirit and I have to say He is not a man but as Spirit and resides in the man, He resides in me the same as His son.

And to your comment of -- I am suggesting that we are not God, as Christ is. Just because we have the Holy Spirit does not mean we are anywhere close to being God. The Holy Spirit created a new creation in us, and have the mind of Christ (thinking like He did) allows us a deeper understanding of scripture. Nowhere in scripture does God tell us we will be little gods here, of exactly like His Son because we have the Holy Spirit. That is adding to scripture.

So you are suggesting that Christ in you is not the same one who was in Jesus? Do you know what Christ means? It means to be anointed of God, the anointed one, Christ in you, Jesus was Christ because he was anointed of God. And if the Holy Spirit created a new creation in us as you described you ought to be like Him, walk as He walks, same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus, and if you have the same mind what would set you apart from Him? A deeper understanding is to have the exact same thing in you who was in Christ Jesus. And why do you suggest we are little gods? Do you not have the same thing in you that Jesus had in him? If you don’t then I would take a second look at why God sent Jesus to show you His way, and His way for you is the way of Jesus Christ.

And the huge gap between scripture you speak of is your suggestion that you cant be like Him when in fact Jesus was sent by God to teach and give to you the exact same thing as he had. He really is the way, the way you are supposed to be. Walking in his same light is to have what he had. If you are any different from Him then you follow a different way from Him.

Joe

Everyone says they want to return to the New Testament Church these days....

But few seem to realize that there were 2 things the New Testament Church didn't have....a New Testament or a Church.

If we want a return to the original faith, we'll have to learn what the original faith community looked like, which doesn't resemble anything you've been told by your "church". They studied the Tenach and lived in community. That was gone out the window when they kicked the jews out only a few centuries later. Until that time, the community of the faithful was overwhelmingly a jewish expression of faith and observed ONLY a biblical way.

But once the bigots of the "church" were able to separate themselves from jews and the faith of Israel, they set out to remove all traces of jewish expression and instead re-interpreted the paganism and greco-mythology they were comfortable with already.

To be pure, one has to remove the schmutz. The word for repentance comes from the hebrew concept of t'shuvah (turning). We must turn from our ways, and the ways of the world. The more we do so, the more spiritual power we have to continue doing so.

We can be "saved" and know proper theological concepts intellectually.... yet not completely submitted to obedience in love.

This is why Yeshua says He will reward the one who overcomes, which in the original language, means those who didn't stop half-way

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Everyone says they want to return to the New Testament Church these days....

But few seem to realize that there were 2 things the New Testament Church didn't have....a New Testament or a Church.

If we want a return to the original faith, we'll have to learn what the original faith community looked like, which doesn't resemble anything you've been told by your "church". They studied the Tenach and lived in community. That was gone out the window when they kicked the jews out only a few centuries later. Until that time, the community of the faithful was overwhelmingly a jewish expression of faith and observed ONLY a biblical way.

But once the bigots of the "church" were able to separate themselves from jews and the faith of Israel, they set out to remove all traces of jewish expression and instead re-interpreted the paganism and greco-mythology they were comfortable with already.

To be pure, one has to remove the schmutz. The word for repentance comes from the hebrew concept of t'shuvah (turning). We must turn from our ways, and the ways of the world. The more we do so, the more spiritual power we have to continue doing so.

We can be "saved" and know proper theological concepts intellectually.... yet not completely submitted to obedience in love.

This is why Yeshua says He will reward the one who overcomes, which in the original language, means those who didn't stop half-way

remove the schmutz

:thumbsup: Thats not in my bible (wish it was). Simple, one book that says "remove the schmutz". An elegant solution! :cool:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I disagree with the Baptism being an essential part of salvation! Love, Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If Christ be in you, same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus, and have the mind of Christ, then what would be the difference in the one who was in Jesus? Are you suggesting that you have a different Christ in you from the one who was in Jesus Christ?

Joe

Yet, I will answer yours.

I am suggesting that we are not God, as Christ is. Just because we have the Holy Spirit does not mean we are anywhere close to being God. The Holy Spirit created a new creation in us, and have the mind of Christ (thinking like He did) allows us a deeper understanding of scripture. Nowhere in scripture does God tell us we will be little gods here, of exactly like His Son because we have the Holy Spirit. That is adding to scripture.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

1 Corinthians 2:16

For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

There is a huge gap between what scripture says and what you are bring here.

Jesus said he was son of God so I have to take him at his word. God came to Jesus by His Spirit in Matt 3:16 and changed that man’s life and I have to take that by his word. And Jesus prayed to his God in John 17 and when he was crucified asking Father forgive them and I have to take that as his word. And I have to look at the same Spirit that is in me who was in Christ Jesus and I have to say the God that came to Jesus by His Spirit is the same one who came to me by His same Spirit and I have to say He is not a man but as Spirit and resides in the man, He resides in me the same as His son.

And to your comment of -- I am suggesting that we are not God, as Christ is. Just because we have the Holy Spirit does not mean we are anywhere close to being God. The Holy Spirit created a new creation in us, and have the mind of Christ (thinking like He did) allows us a deeper understanding of scripture. Nowhere in scripture does God tell us we will be little gods here, of exactly like His Son because we have the Holy Spirit. That is adding to scripture.

So you are suggesting that Christ in you is not the same one who was in Jesus? Do you know what Christ means? It means to be anointed of God, the anointed one, Christ in you, Jesus was Christ because he was anointed of God. And if the Holy Spirit created a new creation in us as you described you ought to be like Him, walk as He walks, same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus, and if you have the same mind what would set you apart from Him? A deeper understanding is to have the exact same thing in you who was in Christ Jesus. And why do you suggest we are little gods? Do you not have the same thing in you that Jesus had in him? If you don’t then I would take a second look at why God sent Jesus to show you His way, and His way for you is the way of Jesus Christ.

And the huge gap between scripture you speak of is your suggestion that you cant be like Him when in fact Jesus was sent by God to teach and give to you the exact same thing as he had. He really is the way, the way you are supposed to be. Walking in his same light is to have what he had. If you are any different from Him then you follow a different way from Him.

Joe

Again, you did not answer the question directly. What are you trying to hide? If you don't answer the question, I can only assume you do not believe Jesus is God, the Son.

Do you believe Jesus was a mere man, or do you believe He is God, the Son?