• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

y

hmm jesus said destroy this temple and in three days i will rear it up again. hmm

Jason, wasn't Jesus talking about himself?

yes he was and its always why i dont buy the millenial reign of him from jerusalem in a temple.

Well, Jesus was referring to His bodily resurrection. So to say that it defies the rebuilding of the temple is a misuse of that passage. It does not serve as a refutation agasint the either third temple that the anti-Christ will defile or the 4th temple shown in Ezekiel 40-48.

how do you get that from rendering that verse when its says build i will come?i wont go there with that isreal has been abused and since the kitos war and yet if those horrors dont convince them nothing else will. if a jew wont listen in said trib he never will.that said i was going to to deep with that too much but since you brought it up. how will they worship jesus in the millenium when verses say what the levites will do and also that one must go to jerusalem to worhship or die, thus implying a return of the torah.

23Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

that is a promise of restoration if remember correctly but didnt jesus say that the days come that god shall seek them that worship him in truth?

im sorry i dont but a delay of judgment on the earth. remember only those at the harmeggido die and those that did evil and resisted god. so there will be a plenty of sinners alive that will have seen this all and didnt repent.

if they are that hard they wont listen and die.

24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn

that kills the current teaching of your idea as well. all sinners there as we have planted seeds in his might whereever the spirit has sent us! no sinner shall survive to be alive in his return.

Guest shiloh357
how do you get that from rendering that verse when its says build i will come?

Huh??? Sorry but I cannot read your English. Can you restate the question?

i wont go there with that isreal has been abused and since the kitos war and yet if those horrors dont convince them nothing else will.

The "kitos" war???? What are you talking about???

if a jew wont listen in said trib he never will.that said i was going to to deep with that too much but since you brought it up. how will they worship jesus in the millenium when verses say what the levites will do and also that one must go to jerusalem to worhship or die, thus implying a return of the torah.

Yeah, you are getting things and ideas all mixed up. I am sorry but I can't make heads or tails out of what you are asking.

im sorry i dont but a delay of judgment on the earth.

Who said anything about a delay of judgment??? Again, you are just really getting ideas mixed and your wires are crossed.

that kills the current teaching of your idea as well.

No, it doesn't. It is not talking about Israel. Not every reference to a fig tree is about Israel.

the kitos war is the final attempt by the jews to free themselves roman oppresion in the second and first century.

http://www.tutorgig.info/ed/Kitos_War

simple question, when jesus returns will only isreal be judged or the entire world? will gods wrath be poured on the whole earth? or just isreal. all you futurists say its the whole world then somehow wiggle around the verse i posted on the parable of the wheat and tare.when he returns the whole world will be judged and no sinner shall be given a second chance per that parable.

the gathering he speaks of in the gospel implies a final jugdment.

Guest shiloh357

the kitos war is the final attempt by the jews to free themselves roman oppresion in the second and first century.

Actually, the last war was the Bar Kochba Revolt in 135 AD. The kitos wars you are referring to was agasint Jewish revolts in Roman held regions in the Diaspora.

simple question, when jesus returns will only isreal be judged or the entire world?

The answer is not as simple because I believe that the whole world will be judged, but not until after the Millennium.

all you futurists say its the whole world then somehow wiggle around the verse i posted on the parable of the wheat and tare.when he returns the whole world will be judged and no sinner shall be given a second chance per that parable.

Judging from your posts, I would say that you are not very good at explaining what futurists believe. I am a futurist but have never said or believed the tripe you talking about.

How do we "wiggle" around the wheat and tare parable?

Actually, the last war was the Bar Kochba Revolt in 135 AD. The kitos wars you are referring to was agasint Jewish revolts in Roman held regions in the Diaspora.

simple question, when jesus returns will only isreal be judged or the entire world?

The answer is not as simple because I believe that the whole world will be judged, but not until after the Millennium.

all you futurists say its the whole world then somehow wiggle around the verse i posted on the parable of the wheat and tare.when he returns the whole world will be judged and no sinner shall be given a second chance per that parable.

Judging from your posts, I would say that you are not very good at explaining what futurists believe. I am a futurist but have never said or believed the tripe you talking about.

How do we "wiggle" around the wheat and tare parable?

a futurist is one who believe in either the pre-trib. mid trib and post trib with the millenial reign, so in other no rapture until after the millenium? god changes the gospel in your eyes? simply put if god dwells in person in jerusalem how then will be dwell in them sinners that repent?

all futurists believe that a rapture will occur removing the wheat! who is the wheat the faitful when he comes. its that simple. that is how they wiggle around that. he takes them out of the earth. what verse aslo mention a harvest ? matthew when he comes to gather his saints from the four corners of the earth.

Guest shiloh357
a futurist is one who believe in either the pre-trib. mid trib and post trib with the millenial reign, so in other no rapture until after the millenium? god changes the gospel in your eyes? simply put if god dwells in person in jerusalem how then will be dwell in them sinners that repent?

all futurists believe that a rapture will occur removing the wheat! who is the wheat the faitful when he comes. its that simple. that is how they wiggle around that. he takes them out of the earth. what verse aslo mention a harvest ? matthew when he comes to gather his saints from the four corners of the earth.

LOL, like I said you don't know anything about what futurists believe. Claiming that we believe God changes the Gospel only shows that you should go study more and talk less as you dont know what you are talking about.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Although I understand my body to be part of the temple of God, I don't see the breakdown of the courts being what is presented here. What scripture was used in the process of coming to this understanding?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Each of us are the stones that make up a holy habitation for the Lord and our bodies are also referred to as a temple of the Holy Spirit. We know in OT type everything in the temple was representative of the Christ. We also know we are made in the image of God and are tri-partide beings as He is. Humans are body, soul and spirit. These things are more shadow and type than specific scripture. We are told we are a nation of kings and priests but what scriptures provide us a break down of how we define each of us being priests.? How are we equally all kings? Well we can dig into scripture and find types, shadows building a case for who we are. Most churches just make up a government and get on with it. There is no church government as such given in the NT but many principles if we look for them. How many churches take the time to do so but just find a plan that seems to work. These things are all part off finding who we are in Jesus. Look how many perspectives people come up with about the tri unity of God exactly because there is no specific scripture stating it plainly. We know the temple has an outer court, an inner court and a holy of hollies. We know Jesus is fully human and fully divine. The temple speaks of Him. The Ark of the Covenant was made of wood and gold, humanity and divinity that dwelt in the Holy of Hollies. Our Bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit and in the holy of hollies is where the Lord reigns in our hearts by faith. The inner court is our soul and the outer court our flesh, both needing to be governed by the heart.

This is what I have to offer off the top of my head. It isn't exactly scholarly but it's what I got.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Although I understand my body to be part of the temple of God, I don't see the breakdown of the courts being what is presented here. What scripture was used in the process of coming to this understanding?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Each of us are the stones that make up a holy habitation for the Lord and our bodies are also referred to as a temple of the Holy Spirit. We know in OT type everything in the temple was representative of the Christ. We also know we are made in the image of God and are tri-partide beings as He is. Humans are body, soul and spirit. These things are more shadow and type than specific scripture. We are told we are a nation of kings and priests but what scriptures provide us a break down of how we define each of us being priests.? How are we equally all kings? Well we can dig into scripture and find types, shadows building a case for who we are. Most churches just make up a government and get on with it. There is no church government as such given in the NT but many principles if we look for them. How many churches take the time to do so but just find a plan that seems to work. These things are all part off finding who we are in Jesus. Look how many perspectives people come up with about the tri unity of God exactly because there is no specific scripture stating it plainly. We know the temple has an outer court, an inner court and a holy of hollies. We know Jesus is fully human and fully divine. The temple speaks of Him. The Ark of the Covenant was made of wood and gold, humanity and divinity that dwelt in the Holy of Hollies. Our Bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit and in the holy of hollies is where the Lord reigns in our hearts by faith. The inner court is our soul and the outer court our flesh, both needing to be governed by the heart.

This is what I have to offer off the top of my head. It isn't exactly scholarly but it's what I got.

Thanks for providing. I am doing some study to better understand this now.

Gary

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

God's tabernacle is often discussed in relation to the Older Covenant with its types and shadows, but has anyone ever given thought to the body-temple?

As the tabernacle had 3 parts (Outer Court/Inner Court/Holy of Holies), so our body has as well.

The outer court is the flesh. Anyone is allowed access, it is seen by all. It is expected to be kept clean by the priest(s), but it is exposed to the elements in our world and can be stained and defiled.

The inner court is the soul. The thoughts of a man appear to be centered here. It too is expected to be kept clean by the priest(s). While covered by the outer court so that not everyone or everything can reach it, it too can be defiled, mainly by the priests' lack of discipline to keep out defiling elements, but also by others who manage to get through the outer court.

The Most Holy Place or Holy of Holies is the spirit. It is here that God dwells in the form of the Holy Spirit. As a believer, this portion of us is secured by Cherubim from defilement precisely because God dwells there. Access to the High Priest occurs here, as Christ is at God's right hand as High Priest, ever making intercession for us.

Are unbelievers also temples? Absolutely, because this is what they were created to be. Since unbelievers are godless in terms of knowing the Living God, their Holy of Holies is empty, OR...it is defiled by the presence of a heathen god, either what the unbelievers worships and holds most dear, or by a demonic entity in rare cases.

I must have to say this is a very creative doctrine. I'm not sure if you heard this from somewhere or you came up with it all on your own. But to me either way it has been overly spiritualized. Man is a three part being. These three parts are body, soul and spirit. These three parts of man has nothing to do with the outer court, inner court or the Holy of holies. The tabernacle was not a type or shadow concerning our human bodies being the temple of the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Man was made with a body, soul and spirit. The apostle Paul had wrote to the believers at Thessalonica. In that they didn't have to worry about Christians who would die prior or before the sudden return of the Lord (1 Thess. 4:13-18). Paul assured the believers that God would also raise them up just as Christ was raised from the dead. From there Paul admonished the believers that they should so live their lives in such a way (1 Thess. 5:4-8) that they would be prepared for the return of Christ. If the believers would keep watch of the things they allowed to come into their lives. Then they would not be caught off guard at Christ's return but be prepared to be caught up with the Lord in the air along with their loved who died prior to the Lord's return.

Apostle Paul at the close of his letter says that the very God of peace sanctify us wholly. Paul prayed that our entire being would be santified (made clean by the blood). Our entire being as a whole means in our physical body, in our souls and in our spirits. Paul prayed that our entire being would be preserved or kept clean or blameless so we would not be caught unprepared at Christ's return.

Our whole being consists of our:

1. Body - our physical fleshly bodies

2. Soul - our will

3. Spirit - our personality who we are. Our spirits trapped inside of a physical body that is ever decaying and dying.

We are to keep these three parts of our entire being blameless or clean. How do we do this?

1. Our Body - We do not take our bodies and make them unclean. Example: Giving our bodies over to commiting fornication any sexual act outside of the marriage bed and giving our body to commit adultery. We as believers are to keep our body clean from the tresspasses and sin that make us unclean in the body part of our being.

2. Our Soul - Is our own will. This deals with our descision making in life. The descisions we make comes from our own will. What we want or don't want. Our will and desires can make us unclean. Because if our will is not broken or disiplined we will not give up our desires or the things that can be harmful to us spiritually. In other words we want shun the wrong for the right. Nevertheless let thy will be done. Living our own way without considering or including God into our lives will keep our soul bound up and set against God's will for our lives. It is our will our descisions that determines if we walk in obedience or walk in disobedience to the will of the Lord. We have to line up our will with the will of God. Our will can make us unclean by making choices and descisions that will either lead us into sin or flat outright do the sin. We have to make sure that our soul or will is not bound to sin. The soul part of our being can make us unclean. The fight that goes on within us between the flesh and theSpirit. It is our will that will determine if we will walk in the flesh with it's lust or walk in the Spirit bearing the fruit of the Spirit in our lives so we have to watch the soul part of our being.

3. Our Spirit - The spirit part of our being is who we are our personality. Our spirit, prescence or personality resides within our fleshly body. By watching what we allow to come and get down into our spirit can and will keep the spirit part of our being clean. In order to do this we have to endeavor to keep things from getting down into our spirit that could corrupt us making us unclean in the spirit part of our being. Some of the things that can get down into our spirits and corrupt us are.......Examples.......letting our anger fester inside instead of letting it go it can bring wrath down on the person you are angry with......Staying bitter can cause us to be resentful towards others throughout our lives if we let it take over our hearts........Jealousy could cause us to covet things that belong to others and not to be content with the things we have......By allowing strife to reside within our spirit could cause us to consume our ownselves with the fire that is within our own tongue. It will also rob you taking away all your peace in your spirit.......If we will not forgive others that have wronged us in someway or another. Then the confidence we once had in our spirit towards God we will no longer be with us. Our hearts will condemn us before God. And because of our own sin of unforgiveness our conscience will not approach or draw near to God......Hatred and envy can do the same and cause the spirit part of our being to be unclean......But we must keep such things as this out of our spirit so we can have and bare the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. To have the fruit of the Spirit abiding in our lives we have to watch and tend to all three parts of our being body, soul and spirit.

I may not have described this as I would have liked but I tried. I just know that since man is created a three part being we must keep watch over these three parts that make up our being. If we will do this then we will wholly be sanctified and kept clean before God preserving our ownselves unto the coming of Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour.