lesjude

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Christ bit the bullet but satan will eat the gun. Follow your leader.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I always found it interesting at how many people who say "well Jesus didnt defend himself" as a reason that we shouldnt protect ourselves. The very same Jesus who chased the money launderers out of of the temple with a whip. The Jesus, who is the Son of God, who is fully God and fully man, who sent the Isrealites to war numerous times and told them to wipe out everyone in the land. Jesus offered Himself up-in that case, defending yourself would be counter productive. Goes back to ecclesiastes, there is a time and a place for everything-Jesus sacrificing himself has nothing to do with whether one should defend themselves or not, or whether a country should go to war or not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I always found it interesting at how many people who say "well Jesus didnt defend himself" as a reason that we shouldnt protect ourselves. The very same Jesus who chased the money launderers out of of the temple with a whip. The Jesus, who is the Son of God, who is fully God and fully man, who sent the Isrealites to war numerous times and told them to wipe out everyone in the land. Jesus offered Himself up-in that case, defending yourself would be counter productive. Goes back to ecclesiastes, there is a time and a place for everything-Jesus sacrificing himself has nothing to do with whether one should defend themselves or not, or whether a country should go to war or not.

wub.gif

+1

Preach it bro.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

A person comes to the bible and one of two things happen.

1) The bible teaches them about God through the Holy Spirit and cleanses them from unrighteousness through the power of the word unto sanctification and honor.

2) They pick and choose verses to support things they think the bible teaches through their carnal understanding of a spiritual book and are susceptible to the doctrines of devils.

Everyone before John the Baptist was ignorant of the Kingdom of God until it was revealed because it was a mystery. The true righteousness of God was a hidden mystery kept secret from the foundation of the world. People admittedly get stuck in the OT violence, even that which was commanded by God as they are ignorant of what God was doing to set the stage for the coming of the King who would reign in righteousness after being exalted to his proper place within the creation by living out a life that is righteous before God.

I sincerely ask those who love to inflict violence upon those they feel are deserving of it in the name of self-defense or whatever label you wish to attach to it, to ask the question what is our threefold ministry as disciples of Christ here upon the earth? How do we use that threefold ministry to rule and reign here without the need for violence on our part? Did not God make us prophets, priests and kings? How did Joseph come to rule a nation without lifting a finger against anyone? Why is Jesus at the right hand of the Father waiting till all of his enemies are put under his feet? Who is putting them under his feet? What does Hebrews mean when it talks about the power of the age to come?

Righteousness equals revelation. Put on Christ and walk in him and God will reveal the answers to the most important questions you will ever need to know. Live in your flesh with your heart in this world and you will reap the corruption of this world and its desires. Even Hitler looked at Christ as he saw him casting out the money changers in the temple and got some twisted ideology from it about ruling and reigning though Christ said his governors of his people would never do such a thing.

Rev 13:10 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

The patience and the faith of the saints is not living and dying by the sword. God sends his people into captivity and slays them with the sword when they are disobedient and have forsaken him. This is our modern church that is getting ready to be sent into great tribulation save a few souls who have ears to hear that have gone over Revelation 2 and 3 and have purified themselves of the evil found in the early gentile churches spoken there. There is a time to kill. That time has passed. There is a time to heal. That time is now.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

1) The bible teaches them about God through the Holy Spirit and cleanses them from unrighteousness through the power of the word unto sanctification and honor.

2) They pick and choose verses to support things they think the bible teaches through their carnal understanding of a spiritual book and are susceptible to the doctrines of devils.

Everyone before John the Baptist was ignorant of the Kingdom of God until it was revealed because it was a mystery. The true righteousness of God was a hidden mystery kept secret from the foundation of the world. People admittedly get stuck in the OT violence, even that which was commanded by God as they are ignorant of what God was doing to set the stage for the coming of the King who would reign in righteousness after being exalted to his proper place within the creation by living out a life that is righteous before God.

I sincerely ask those who love to inflict violence upon those they feel are deserving of it in the name of self-defense or whatever label you wish to attach to it, to ask the question what is our threefold ministry as disciples of Christ here upon the earth? How do we use that threefold ministry to rule and reign here without the need for violence on our part? Did not God make us prophets, priests and kings? How did Joseph come to rule a nation without lifting a finger against anyone? Why is Jesus at the right hand of the Father waiting till all of his enemies are put under his feet? Who is putting them under his feet? What does Hebrews mean when it talks about the power of the age to come?

Righteousness equals revelation. Put on Christ and walk in him and God will reveal the answers to the most important questions you will ever need to know. Live in your flesh with your heart in this world and you will reap the corruption of this world and its desires. Even Hitler looked at Christ as he saw him casting out the money changers in the temple and got some twisted ideology from it about ruling and reigning though Christ said his governors of his people would never do such a thing.

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

The patience and the faith of the saints is not living and dying by the sword. God sends his people into captivity and slays them with the sword when they are disobedient and have forsaken him. This is our modern church that is getting ready to be sent into great tribulation save a few souls who have ears to hear that have gone over Revelation 2 and 3 and have purified themselves of the evil found in the early gentile churches spoken there. There is a time to kill. That time has passed. There is a time to heal. That time is now.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

And you don't fit in number two category?

The word self-righteous seems to come to mind. :emot-shakehead:

In Jesus Name,

Gary

This is a common response one gets when they try to follow Christ. Just as David, when he showed up and defeated Goliath, was called 'proud' by his cowardly brother who had no faith in God. Anyone willing to live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. Pride, Arrogance and Self-Righteousness are the top accusations made by others. There is a major divide between those who believe you can actually live out the gospel and be like Christ and those who believe that you cannot do such a thing in this life time. Historically the later are the ones who shed the blood of men in Gods name frequently, sometimes of their own brethren. In the last days brother will once again deliver brother up unto death, the scripture declares it. Allow me to ask who the most likely candidate to do that would be? The pacifist who believes that all vengeance and correction should come by Gods hand moving evil men against other evil men? Or those who believe judgment and killing is the righteous thing to do in this life?

The truth is self evident. I won't be delivering anyone up to death.

Gary

moss-im just a slight bit offended here. You really think that because Im willing to use violence to protect my family, that I love it or wish it upon someone? There is a difference between WANTING to do something and being WILLING to do something. No one I know likes changing diapers or cleaning the toilet, yet most people do it because it needs done. Do I ever WANT to hurt or kill anyone, for any reason? No I dont, nor do I ever plan to. I pray that I never see that day. Am I willing to? yes, because I feel that is my responsibility as a father and a husband, not because I WANT to, but because if it ever comes down to it, its what NEEDs done.

moss-im just a slight bit offended here. You really think that because Im willing to use violence to protect my family, that I love it or wish it upon someone? There is a difference between WANTING to do something and being WILLING to do something. No one I know likes changing diapers or cleaning the toilet, yet most people do it because it needs done. Do I ever WANT to hurt or kill anyone, for any reason? No I dont, nor do I ever plan to. I pray that I never see that day. Am I willing to? yes, because I feel that is my responsibility as a father and a husband, not because I WANT to, but because if it ever comes down to it, its what NEEDs done.

Your deciding to take offense at something that did not pertain to you was your choice. I did not include people that believe as you do in my statement.

Gary

alright sorry I maybe just a wee bit touchy tonight, been a long week.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

In Jesus Name,

Gary

This is a common response one gets when they try to follow Christ. Just as David, when he showed up and defeated Goliath, was called 'proud' by his cowardly brother who had no faith in God. Anyone willing to live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. Pride, Arrogance and Self-Righteousness are the top accusations made by others. There is a major divide between those who believe you can actually live out the gospel and be like Christ and those who believe that you cannot do such a thing in this life time. Historically the later are the ones who shed the blood of men in Gods name frequently, sometimes of their own brethren. In the last days brother will once again deliver brother up unto death, the scripture declares it. Allow me to ask who the most likely candidate to do that would be? The pacifist who believes that all vengeance and correction should come by Gods hand moving evil men against other evil men? Or those who believe judgment and killing is the righteous thing to do in this life?

The truth is self evident. I won't be delivering anyone up to death.

Gary

Common response, why yes it is and my response is the truth.

How interesting it is that use the fight between David and Goliath to try and get your point across. Didn't David kill the enemy (Goliath) on the field of battle? Wasn't David defending his family, his people and didn't Goliath defy God's Armies? (no difference then protecting your family, fellow citizens and country today )

David was an opportunist, he asked at least twice what the person got that killed the Goliath. It was God's will that David killed Goliath. God used the fact that David knew his deadly skill with the slingshot and God also used David's opportunist mentality so his (God's) will would be done.

The only difference between David and today's soldier are we do not fight as opportunist, we fight for our loved ones, our country and for most of us, we know we are fighting for God. Our way of life consist of God, our families, our country and our freedoms, we will fight to preserve our way of life.