IGNORED

Navy SEAL of God? Are Christians suppose to be pacifistic?

steven84

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

...I also know what David did about it to honor the Lord. Do you? I also know that David was loved by God, no matter what he had done.

And I have never heard anyone deny that David was loved by God no matter what he had done.

Some where I heard that we just kill them all, then God will sort them out for us later. Trying to find the scripture now....

Not in Scripture, though someone may have "based" it off a Scripture (in quotes for a reason).

Read about it here

It seems to be traced back to Arnaud-Armaury, the Abbot of Citeaux, the Papal Legate . . . whoever that is....

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19

When they came to the great city of Beziers; which is said to have contained more than a hundred thousand men, they laid siege to it ; and in the sight of them all the heretics defiled in an unspeakable manner the book of the sacred gospel; and then cast it from the wall towards the Christians, and sending arrows after it, cried: " There is your law, miserable wretches!" But Christ, the author of the gospel, did not suffcr such an insult to be hurled at Him unavenged. For some of His followers, burning with zeal for the faith, placed ladders against the wall, and like lions, after the example of those of whom we read in the book of the Maccabbees (2 Macc.xi.ii), fearlessly climbed the walls, and while the hcretics were stricken with panic from on high and fled, they opened the gates to the others, and so gained possession of the city.

When they discovered, from the admissions of some of them, that there were Catholics mingled with the heretics they said the toeh abbot "Sir, what shall we do, for we cannot distinguish between the faithful and the heretics." The abbot, like the others, was afraid that many, in fear of death, would pretend to be catholics, and after their departure, would return to their heresy, and is said to have replied "Kill them all for the Lord knoweth them that are His (2 Tim. ii. 19) and so countless number in that town were slain.

http://www.fordham.e...s-heresies.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I am serving our country in the US Air Force. We may have immoral leaders running our military, but to blame the servicemember for that, or question their devotion to Christian living is unjust. If you are worried about how our military is used, then vote for God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders.

What if the day comes where our leaders order our military to fire on our countrymen? Who do you want on the other end of the gun, Christians/Jews, or "all others?"

Maybe some of us Christians joined the military to protect you from a tyrannical government.

Justin it is good to hear from another member of the armed services and I totally agree with you. I won't hold it against you for being in the Air Force :21: , my son was in the Air Force and he served our God and our country in Afghanistan. I was in the Army, now retired and I served our God and our country in Iraq (2003-2004) and there were terrorist in Iraq. I also think we should of been in Iraq, maybe we were there a bit too long, but never the less, we (USA) did the right thing by going into Iraq. For those that think otherwise, all I can say is you had to be there to understand. If you weren't in Iraq, you are clueless.

The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

That is a load of crap. Islam wishes to destroy us; the brave members of our military defend us. You should be grateful.

Alexander your absolutely right, it is a load of crap and it stinks bad.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

I am serving our country in the US Air Force. We may have immoral leaders running our military, but to blame the servicemember for that, or question their devotion to Christian living is unjust. If you are worried about how our military is used, then vote for God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders.

What if the day comes where our leaders order our military to fire on our countrymen? Who do you want on the other end of the gun, Christians/Jews, or "all others?"

Maybe some of us Christians joined the military to protect you from a tyrannical government.

Justin it is good to hear from another member of the armed services and I totally agree with you. I won't hold it against you for being in the Air Force :21: , my son was in the Air Force and he served our God and our country in Afghanistan. I was in the Army, now retired and I served our God and our country in Iraq (2003-2004) and there were terrorist in Iraq. I also think we should of been in Iraq, maybe we were there a bit too long, but never the less, we (USA) did the right thing by going into Iraq. For those that think otherwise, all I can say is you had to be there to understand. If you weren't in Iraq, you are clueless.

The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

That is a load of crap. Islam wishes to destroy us; the brave members of our military defend us. You should be grateful.

i have served in afghanistan. i dont think we should have bother with iraq. sadly now its gone to typical islamic state where by they supress freedoms.

i have served in afghanistan. i dont think we should have bother with iraq. sadly now its gone to typical islamic state where by they supress freedoms.

I served in Iraq during OIF 1 and I think we should of been there and the same for Afghanistan. Not for religious reason directly,but for the good of humanity, that SOB Saddam had to go.

You actually thought that Iraq would not be an islam state after the war was over?

well they went from bad goverment to the another. men died for what? nothing. sorry. christians are murdered in both countries. hussein was contained. did you mean desert storm.

well they went from bad goverment to the another. men died for what? nothing. sorry. christians are murdered in both countries. hussein was contained. did you mean desert storm.

No, I was in Iraq during OIF1, Hussein was capture about twenty miles from me, he went to trial, and he paid the penalty for his crimes against humanity. That was progress, normally those people would of hanged Hussein or beheaded him the same day he was captured.

My brothers and sisters didn't die for nothing and it is an insult to say they did. I seen how that SOB treated his own people, I seen people of all ages crippled for life because Hussein put all Iraq's money into his military and all his Palaces and not into the well being of his own people, heck he even murdered his own people.

Lets not forget about his sons, they raped and murdered for pure sick pleasure.

It is not the United States Military's business as a whole to teach the gospel and convert countries to Christian nations, that is not the commander's intent. However as Christians in the United States Military, we should lead by examples of Christianity and treat noncombatants with respect and treat them like human beings.

When I was in Iraq, people would send Bibles to me and I would hand them out to the Iraqi people, that was my responsibility as a Christian, but not as a soldier in the United States Military.

If you truly want Iraq to transform into a Christian nation, I suggest you get on a boat or a plane and go to Iraq, stand on a street corner in Baghdad and preach the gospel.

I for one am glad I went to Iraq and served my country and if I were younger, I would do it again. When I was in Iraq, I was 48 years old and I came to the conclusion that I was really getting too old for dodging bullets and mortars.

i understand that. but as you said that clearly, what did we do?

iraq wants nothing to do with the west nor wants to modernise. im not a fan of hussien at all but there this island of the shore that was a threat to the us in the 60s. cuba, do we need to take out all dictators? im sure he and china and others have some serious skeletons that make hussein look like nothing.

china has killed more people then hussien could ever have wanted yet we must borrow money from them to do as bush says"spread democracy to iraq and afghanistan".

so what to say that the malaki goverment doesnt turn on us? nothing. they wont even allow voice of america to broadcast in their borders, hmm cuba does the same too. see where im going with this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

You are right Dennis, there are many Christians serving in the US military, actually about 70%. I wish it were more like 100%, but since it is unlawful to proselytize while in uniform, it's very difficult to bring that number up.

I just talked to a friend stationed at Ft Lewis, WA in the medical corp. In passing he mentioned there are very few Christians in the Army. I asked him what %, and he said less than 1% in his estimation. I asked how he got that amount. He said that was the amount that went to services at churches on Sundays. It was always over several yrs, he has been in for 14yrs, the same people. Very few new people. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also said there are many more Muslims in the military than Christians. He could not say what percent. How you come up with such a huge difference is beyond me. Real Christians are a small minority in the world today and have always been a small minority.

You are right Dennis, there are many Christians serving in the US military, actually about 70%. I wish it were more like 100%, but since it is unlawful to proselytize while in uniform, it's very difficult to bring that number up.

I just talked to a friend stationed at Ft Lewis, WA in the medical corp. In passing he mentioned there are very few Christians in the Army. I asked him what %, and he said less than 1% in his estimation. I asked how he got that amount. He said that was the amount that went to services at churches on Sundays. It was always over several yrs, he has been in for 14yrs, the same people. Very few new people. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also said there are many more Muslims in the military than Christians. He could not say what percent. How you come up with such a huge difference is beyond me. Real Christians are a small minority in the world today and have always been a small minority.

Your friend is dead wrong, Justin is right (70%), believe me when I say God is no stranger in the war zone. Plus out of the four companies I was mostly involved with while I was in Iraq, I only know of one muslim soldier.

Oh and there is that four letter word again "real". What mortal has the power to say who is and who isn't a "real" Christian? Who other then Jesus Christ can make that call?