angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

That is so scary, I've been talking to my brother and others about the damascus prophecies for the last 2 days. It's just been on my spirit. I will share with you part of a message I sent to someone else up here about a vision I had.

I mention in one of my posts I have a lot of dreams and visions. In 1 two week period At the beginning of the year I had a vision, followed by a dream of the same thing. The 4 horseman of the apocolypse. It was something to behold, all 4 of them come riding up to me a darkness with them as thick as soup, the fire of hell beneath the hoofs of the horses, with thunder and lightning with them as well. I felt no fear strangely enough, the peace of christ was completely upon me. 1 of the horseman ( I don't know which one) come up to me. He was huge as was his horse. The top of my head come to the bottom of the horses belly. The rider looked down at me with the most evil look on his face and said to " Wait till you see what I do this year!" he then laughed and went and rejoined the others, they rode off and it ended. The second time he come to me it was the same horseman I spoke to in the vision, and long story short he gave me the same warning of be careful, something was coming this year. Ever since I have just watched and waited for what i was shown to come to pass, as i push in to a closer walk with GOD through Christ. I say all this just to say, Yes I believe something really bad is coming, yes I believe it's coming soon, but That is not what we should focus on. Instead focus on being one with christ, seek his truth not your own

I know you are correct, the antichrist has invaded everything almost, and I think it's very important to stay at the feet of christ seeking him and his truth. GOD Bless

Thanks for sharing this..did you hear about the test missiles Russia used a couple of days ago,they were seen at alot of places and in Israel.

Could that have been a warning from Russia to Israel for what they could do if Israel is doing something to Damaskus?

This world is so ready to be made new!

You're right we have to be aware of what is happening right before our eyes!

Praying..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

This kind of latest-news thing has been knocked about for many decades now, always with the accolade that 'nothing like this...' or 'this is the first time...' It is not the spirit of NT thinking or eschatology or evangelism or the apostles. People in the 11th cent. thought all this was happening then, too. Several decades ago, "prophecy experts" seemed to never have heard of Islam, so when Sep.11 happened everything got rewritten anyway, but they were still "experts"!

For some real solid material, compare "Concise NT History" or "Coherence of Scripture" threads. They are over at 'Defending the Gospel'

--Inter

In the nineties I was part of a pre-trib church and a number of brothers were discussing Islam and the possibilities of these things. The popular crowd of television is always behind and can never be a reliable source, the Benny and Kennys' always jump on bored after the fact.

The reason many generations believed the end is near is because it always is, always was, and always will be until the end. But since the apostles and after 70 or as you like to refute and post 66ad we live at a time that Israel is center stage in the middle east once again. I think you can scream history all you want but current events scream that history is in the making.

And yes and yes the gospel needs to be preached.

Actually Israel is not now "once again" center stage but several--This has already happened several times. The first was Bar-Kochba in 135 AD. Mighty Mo made it center-stage in his time or at least his visions. Prophecy experts abounded in the 11th century. Columbus was actually trying to find a way to Judea to support the Jesuit Counter-reformation, since the Reformation had identified the Papacy as anti-christ, and the Papacy desparately need to have one show up in Judea, like yesterday (one treatment said it did in 340). If we could just get Christians to be historians instead of prognosticators (with all their passionate belief that God "needs" prognosticators), we might have something to say to our world.

Even if (modern Israel was ONCE again center stage), we are in the age of Eph. 2, 3, we have a different mission that operates just fine apart from anything going on in modern Israel. The Bible or God's existence is not in need of fresh proof. That's because the burden and passion of the apostles teaching was not what proved those things, but what the resurrection proved. The resurrection proved that justification for our sins had been accomplished, as the grammar and drift of the end of Rom. 4 shows, and as the whole point of the sermon of Acts 13 shows. Wow, it has really been hard to get people to absorb Acts 13's sermon, the one complete live sermon of Paul in a friendly setting. What did the last post say? "it's not about prophecy" Really? The fulfillment of promises to the fathers is "not about prophecy?'' Huh?

There is finality in Christ's and the apostles declarations about what happened in AD 70. The unequalled suffering. The time of fulfillment of all that has been written. The green tree turns dry (Lk. 23, and no mention of it turning green again). The wrath of God has come upon them at last/fully. Nothing is said in Acts 26's defense that hints of anything significant in the future, even the remote future, even when Paul's own neck is at stake, when you would think he would say something like "Now just relax, this all turns 180 in, say, 2 or 4000 years."

--Inter

recommended: my other threads "Concise NT history" and "Romans 10 and History" and "Coherence of Scripture" (on how 4 of Daniels's visions structure NT materials)

The Lords table points back as a memorial but it also points forward to a time we will drink the cup with Him. All of Gods writers looked forward and we also should look forward. Yes we look back, without it we cannot understand how to look forward.

How can we discuss things when the statement "ONCE AGAIN" becomes an issue. I'm not writing a theisis, I have a hard time dealing with the pick tick nature of intellectualism. Once again thrice again octagonalisticly again, I think I was understaood with once again.

Historisism is a valid source of information and understanding but it isn't the end of all truth seeking. Much prophecy was fulfilled in the coming of Jesus and much prophecy will be fulfilled in Him coming again. To advert attention away from the current events and say what is happening in the middle east has nothing to do with our calling is what Rick Warren tells people to do, stay away from prophecy and then switches biblical verses around to make it so. Tens of thousands of pastors listen to that guys psyco-babel and new age trancient door to the Emergent church and once again you want to pick on people who believe in the rapture.

What is different about your passion for history and any others passion for their theology? That your right and they are wrong? Join the club.

Inter....

I hear what you are saying about the gospel. But this is a problem with not only the resurrection but with repentence also.

In another post I mentioned Hezekia after he repented, tore down the false worship centers. Well in context it applies to leadership but as a "principle" it has a broader application. When we personaly repent the direct fruits of that repentance can be seen in our passion to get rid of any and all connection to that sin. It's a principle of both repentence and revival. With Ezra and Nehemiah the people got rid of foriegn wives. etc. This is a biblical application of tearing down to build up.

Well in 2 Kings one of the sons of the prophets gathered some wild goards during a time of famine and when they started to eat they cried out "there's death in the pot" and Elisha said "pour in the grain" "pour in the meal". Spiritually there are times of a lack of hearing the word of God, a famine, and when we get away from the book of the Lord we get away from the Lord of the book.

Our Chruches are being over ridden with pop psychology, new age, ecumenical unity and immorality. Some of those pots are no longer good and no matter what good we pour into them it will not do anything. The boiling pot in Ezekiel. But the pots that are still good having a mixture, we simply need to pour in the grain. It's a principle.

If your plee was to turn back to preaching the fullness of the gospel message and the acts of the apostles I think your audience would be more receptive. I know I would be. Pour in the grain. Elisha did not come against the goard picker or the cook he simply said pour in the grain. And they ate. Not only did they eat but more food arrived and as a miracle became enough to feed all when at first it wasn't.

I'm not saying the rapture is something wild, I just wanted to express a principle. The only way to straighten the things that are bent is a full turn back into the Word.

If your goal is to sell historisism and other mans writings with the tactic of slamming the rapture, it is going to be a hard sell. And it is a tactic, someone else came on the board a few weeks after you doing the same thing and when you first arrived you went right for the rapture as he did. Your attempts to straighten out the church are noble but God has given us the directions, pour in the grain. This is a lesson I'm still learning, I've had my battles with rapture stuff but as I have said in another thread most brothers and sisters I have gone on missions with have been pre-trib and it never came up. A non issue.

Iron sharpens Iron so I decided to take a few swings. There is always an oppurtunity for growth. I recognize you have much to offer and I would rather learn a few things than write you off. Which I am close to doing.