• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color. ~Author Unknown

I choose my friends by how they behave and how they speak.

Just my two pennies worth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If you put ten children of different ethnic backgrounds in a room for a year or so by themselves (bear with me here, this is an example), they would in all likelihood emerge friends, or at the very least non racist.

Once you added an outside influence like their parents for instance, the possibility that some would emerge racist would increase.

Racism is learned. And it is taught through fear, mistrust and misinformation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

If you put ten children of different ethnic backgrounds in a room for a year or so by themselves (bear with me here, this is an example), they would in all likelihood emerge friends, or at the very least non racist.

Once you added an outside influence like their parents for instance, the possibility that some would emerge racist would increase.

Not to mention real life experiences.

Yep, and by your own words..

"racism defined is thinking one color human is better or superior than another color."

​That is taught behavior.

It really comes down to culture norms. There are many inner-city whites who make babies and walk away, commit crimes, use and sell drugs. They try and look and act "hip-hop" because that is the environment. Still, statistical history does not lie, nor does collecting or disseminating those statistics make someone a racist. Nor does it make someone not "look Christian."

Continuing to go down this avenue serves no purpose besides leading to acrimony. I believe the OP was about how the different colors (races) came about and how we are really one race. So....I believe that to GOD there are really 3 races. Jews, Gentiles, and the Church - which is made up of both Jews and gentiles. We are definitely a different race of human beings as we are obedient to the LORD. :clap:

"racism defined is thinking one color human is better or superior than another color."

I guess it is. i was surely taught the wrong way and it took tl about 30 or 35 to see what i was doing wrong with skin color.

I guess it is. i was surely taught the wrong way and it took tl about 30 or 35 to see what i was doing wrong with skin color.

Me too, living where I do, and being taught what I was taught

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It really comes down to culture norms.

I think this is the heart of the "racist" issues. Skin color and facial features mark you as belonging to a different culture, and it is that culture you associate the person with that you are reacting to.

Did anyone here decide whether we are talking about inside or outside the Gospel-embracing community?

--Inter

I think if a person is truly inside the gospel community then they have learned not to be racist. They assess the person not the color before befriending them or avoiding them. Some outside the gospel do the same. As we all know a racist can also set in a pew without letting that side of them show at church. I guess the answer to your question is a true blue racist is not of the gospel

even though he/she may think they are. and a true blue gospel loving person no matter how raised has shed the racism from their heart. That does not mean they are forbidden to look at federal crime facts about crimes of race.

Edited by coheir

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

We are in the category of Christian doctrine questions. Is the original post asking his question in the context of the community of the Gospel of justification by faith, or of the state in general? If it is the state in general, why is this question here? If it is directed to the Gospel community, let's talk about Rom. 3 and Gal. 3 and Col. 2 on race and divisions (ie solutions to them) for its reasons.

Also the Rom. 6:17 citation is a mistaken address. I think the text mentioned is in Tit. 3 or 2 Tim. 2 or 2 Thess. 3.

--Inter

You have a much better grasp on my OP than most it seems.