• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

2nd 3:10

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Is this part of what the apostles taught.

• Group:  Diamond Member

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Bill

If you offer work for a person and they refuse then are you still suppose to feed him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I had hoped not to micro manage this thread, but it seems unavoidable now, which is rather disappointing.

Closed til I can clean up.

EDIT: I've cleaned it up. It would not be out of place for a voluntary apology to come forth. Please do not question the salvation of others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

That is a creed I live by and it is universal. So what has this to do with the OP?

That is a creed I live by and it is universal. So what has this to do with the OP?

I just thought this would be something you would would not observe judging from the op. and was curious about your stand.

When God created Adam and his wife, Eve, the human race was began. (Gen. 1-3) Then we see that the only survivors of the world wide flood were Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives, eight people out of all the human race. (Gen. 6-8) It is very clear that there is only one race in the world at this time, it is known as the Human Race and, by logical extension, every man woman and child on the face of the Earth are descendants of Adam and his wife and even closer in time, we are the descendants of Noah and his wife. Further applied logic finds that, because of this, there is only one race of people in all of the world, the Human Race.

Because of the characteristics God gave His most favored creation, as we began to spread over the Earth, it appears that we began to adapt to the different prevailing conditions in the different regions of our home. This resulted in differing appearances that because of, in some cases, a lack of the study of God's Word and other cases because of the lack of the availability of the Word, we now have what we term, Racial Prejudice. This, Racial Prejudice has to be the dumbest ideology in all of the world.

Some, today, will have us to believe that this is the cause for the slave trade of the past and of the present but that is not true. The nation of Sudan has become two countries, North Sudan and South Sudan and one of the resulting problems that led to this was Slavery. Negro men attacked and murdered negro men and sold their wives and children into slavery. In this case the difference is religion, the murders were Islamic and the murdered were Christians. And if we listen to the rhetoric, Islam is the religion of peace!

In the US we run around with the idea that the Negro Slave problem was all ours, also not true. On the Documentary of the USS Constitution and the Africa Corps that ended it's mission with the advent of our Civil War, it is documented that less than one sixth of the slaves that were shipped across the Atlantic, were to this nation to be sold. What is clearly illustrated by study is the slavery that has been documented through-out the ages, is the ability of men to hate one another and to misuse others. The truth of the matter is that it matters not who the slave owner is, Slavery, in it's modern day form is wrong.

We, the people of the world need to grow up and assume the responsibility God has imparted to us. We are loved by God, saved and lost men and it is our duty (Matt. 28:18b-20) to love all men in the same manor that God loves us. We can never accomplish this mission given us in the last verses of Matthew without discarding the stupid idea that colors and features separate us into different races and remember that God began this with one father, Adam, and one mother.

I look at the problems of our nation a little different, I agree color should not be a stumbling block but features, experiences

and ethics do separate races and even people of same color.

And even though I was raised in a racist enviroment I do not believe I am now. After reading the other post here Im sure I would be considered racist if I continue this post.

2nd Thess 3: 10 - 24 has a special meaning to me.

Bill, in the above quote you say different regions adapted differently by that do you mean some turned white some turned black and some do get face and chest hair and some do not get face and chest hair some eyes are shaped different all because of the region they live in

That is a reasonable assumption but because people are not stationary objects it is imperrative that we remember that these characteristics will spread with migration and therefore are not constrained to a specific region or area.

If these people developed these different features due to the regions they live in; then why if a person is brought into a different region right after birth they do not adapt to the new features of the prevailing region?

I just thought this would be something you would would not observe judging from the op. and was curious about your stand.

I live my life, to the very best of my ability, by the Word of God. I was raised rough as a corn cob by a mother born to a very racial family with a German father and all my parents were drunks. So it is that all of my given history will be slanted by the Military and everything after that is of my LORD.

I live my life, to the very best of my ability, by the Word of God. I was raised rough as a corn cob by a mother born to a very racial family with a German father and all my parents were drunks. So it is that all of my given history will be slanted by the Military and everything after that is of my LORD.

now Im not going to question your faith but I would like to point out

that you are saying your life history ( experiences ) come before the Lord

or am I reading your post wrong

now Im not going to question your faith but I would like to point out

that you are saying your life history ( experiences ) come before the Lord

or am I reading your post wrong

No, I might have elaborated and looked like a self centered bore but that would be the short version of why, when I reference my past, it is so heavily military centered. What has occurred since 1/1/90 has all been of the LORD.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Pigment is pigment. White, black, blue, purple, or green God made all of us in His Image. Love Bible songs and one should really serve as a lesson to us all. Here are the lyrics. I pray we each reflect on them.

Jesus loves the little children

All the children of the world

Red and yellow, black and white

They are precious in His sight

Jesus loves the little children of the world

My apologies for any offense caused. None was meant.

Just Another Sinner Without A Clue

Dani