lifeandliberty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Why do I get the feeling the Christians are playing the victim.....if they were acting like Fred Phelps supporters, they earned their arrest.

I agree!

I met Fred Phelps, he is a blight to real Christians, preaching hatred. If these were as he is, they should have been left in jail.

The presence of a video camera, filming it all, suggests that there was an agenda beyond the preaching of the gospel. So many "made for news" events these days make me a little suspicious.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

HI, PHILIDELPHIA: City of brotherly love, Hmmm, This sure looks like a case of the POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, Now who's the INTOLERANT ONES :suspect: Signs of the TIMES FOLKS get READY...........TAKO

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Why do I get the feeling the Christians are playing the victim.....if they were acting like Fred Phelps supporters, they earned their arrest.

I wonder if they said that about John the Babtist. :x:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

John the Baptist actually preached the good news though....Fred Phelps preaches nothing but hate. I cannot believe anyone would compare Fred Phelps to John the Baptist...that's just disturbing.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

John the Baptist actually preached the good news though....Fred Phelps preaches nothing but hate. I cannot believe anyone would compare Fred Phelps to John the Baptist...that's just disturbing.

Super Jew, I'm not comparing John the Babtist to the Fred guy. You said "earned their arrest" That's a scary thing to say bro.

In his love,

Brian

Super Jew, I'm not comparing John the Babtist to the Fred guy. You said "earned their arrest" That's a scary thing to say bro.

In his love,

Brian

Do you even know who Fred Phelps is? Trust me, if these Christians acted like Fred Phelps (which I'm inclined to believe they did)...then they deserved to be arrested before they ruined the witness of God anymore then they probably already did.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I'm not familar with the Repent America organization, but here's their website, you can judge/discern for yourself: Click Here

I see that Worldnetdaily has finally picked up the story...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=40929

From earlier this year:

'Gays' try to ban

protests at events

Philly Pride seeks court order

to prevent 'Outfest' evangelism

Posted: July 19, 2004

1:00 a.m. Eastern

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39505

Edited by kittyjo

Yeah, so I went to their website...gotta say, they probably deserved to be arrested. Anyone who gets in the face of an officer (like their pictures show) to be arrested.

With that said, I looked at the other parts of the site...if what they said is true, then yes, their rights were violated, big time.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Yeah, so I went to their website...gotta say, they probably deserved to be arrested. Anyone who gets in the face of an officer (like their pictures show) to be arrested.

With that said, I looked at the other parts of the site...if what they said is true, then yes, their rights were violated, big time.

Well SuperJew, I donot see in any of those pictures or there are media on the site anybody getting into the polices face. What I do see is devout Christians standing up for God's Word. Did they deserve to be arrested? Not from what i have seen... Should we expect as Christians to be persecuted for spreading God's word? Yep..(see my signature for that one)

It is dangerous to throw out a judgement against Christian organizations you know nothing about. Careful how you judge other Brothers SJ for that is the standard you shall be judged at.

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Read this article...

http://www.repentamerica.com/pr_tenmen.html

These are Christian activists that themselves blocked public access. The specialization of attacking a single type of sin and sinner is not what Jesus did, not what the early church did, and is not really "preaching the word of God".

We are to overcome evil with good.

(Psa 1:1 KJV) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

(Psa 1:2 KJV) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

These folks are following in the Fred Phelps mode (hate). This is like going into a bar and verbally attacking drinking, that is not the preaching of the gospel, it is inciting a violent response from sinners. Phelps actually went to the funerals of deceased homosexuals that died of aids and told the mourners that the dead person was roasting in hell, carrying signs that said "God hates Fags".

The banner at the ball game (another article on their website) is another example of activism, and while it might be legal (I really don't know), I doubt that any souls will be saved by such action.

Preaching the gospel is proclaiming the good news, salvation for anyone that wants salvation, but the "in your face" hateful tactics only blight Christians with a "hate" label, and unfortunately, sometimes that label is deserved.