• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The very fact that Dan Cathy stated: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" is one way, because he spoke those words as President of his company and not as Dan Cathy, private citizen.

Secondly, the fact that Mr. Cathy uses monies gained from CFA to support ministries which are against the deviant way is practicing his ethic. He's not afraid to take fire.

Right, and my point is that shouldn't matter when it comes to eating at Chik-Fil-A. I remember when Governor Walker was in danger of being recalled, I had some friends who didn't go to a Johnsonville Brat fest, because that company supported Walker. I couldn't care less - I'm sure there are many companies I frequent whose higher-ups have different viewpoints from myself, but I think you need to separate the product from those who own it. I thought it was silly that people boycotted Johnsonville for that reason, just like I think it's silly that this gay rights group is taking a stand against a restaurant for what the owner believes.

However, as I mentioned before if Chik-Fil-A refuses service to homosexuals or something like that, then I'd have a problem.

Homosexuality is not illegal? BULL. God says it's illegal. I could give two shakes about man has to say on the matter.

I hate to break it to you but there are an awful lot of things that God says is "illegal" that happens in the US every day. For example, taking the Lord's name in vein is breaking one of the 10 commandments, but certainly isn't illegal. Would you be as zealous if someone said "God **** it"? Would you shop somewhere else if a CEO of a company swore in this way?

If you are consistent then I salute you.

"It's also not illegal to express your opinions, and to have beliefs assuming you don't hurt other people with those beliefs." Ahhh, but homosexuality DOES hurt others with both their beliefs AND their practices. Their beliefs cause others to reject what is right and support what GOD says is abominable, and that is hurtful in the long-run for the individual, and to any nation that supports such belief through legislation or tacit approval. As for their practices, well, those too are hurtful. I shan't say more on that subject.

Well you could argue the same thing for any sinner, or anyone who isn't a Christian, couldn't you? And yet freedom of religion is an upheld right of this country.

Governor Walker's situation was not one of a moral nature, as far as I know, it was political. The CFA matter is rooted in morality. Apples and oranges.

Yes, a lot of things which God says are illegal (quotes unnecessary, the Law of God supersedes all others in proper society) DO go on. Most are done in private. I don't know of adulterers who march down the street half/fully naked in Adulterer Pride parades. I have never heard of anyone who fails to honor their parents who marches for the right to do it. I don't know of anyone who parades about publicly screaming at the top of their lungs: "I serve other gods!" They do these things in obscurity. They don't make a public scene over it, demanding their alleged right to BE what they are, and then dare to blaspheme God saying that HE made them that way.

As to your last query, no, you can't. Freedom of religion never meant the right to practice immorality. There is a limit to freedom of religion. If your religion snatches homeless people off the street and sacrifices them to your god, you're going to jail as a follower of that religion. When Mormonism openly practiced underage polygamy, the US government was on them like white on rice.

Homosexuality is morally wrong and furthermore, is now sanctioned by government. To that end, we as Believers have to stand up against it in the public arena.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/17/1973

I love their food and I stand with Dan Cathy on his beliefs. Yay Chik Fil A!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Governor Walker's situation was not one of a moral nature, as far as I know, it was political. The CFA matter is rooted in morality. Apples and oranges.

The point is the product being sold (CFA chicken / Johnsonville brats) has no direct correlation to the opinions of their owners. If CFA started offering 'anti-gay nuggets' or Johnsonville made "Walker-dogs" that would be one thing, since their products then begin to have an agenda. However I don't see how me eating at CFA or not should say anything about what I believe in, other than I think that chicken is delicious.

Freedom of religion never meant the right to practice immorality. There is a limit to freedom of religion. If your religion snatches homeless people off the street and sacrifices them to your god, you're going to jail as a follower of that religion. When Mormonism openly practiced underage polygamy, the US government was on them like white on rice.

Well.. actually it kinda does mean you have the right to practice immorality, or at least the right to practice what you view as moral while others don't. The catch is you can't hurt people directly with your beliefs. So no, you can't sacrifice homeless people and get away with it. You also can't restrict other people from participating in things based on race, creed, gender or sexual preference.

The point is the product being sold (CFA chicken / Johnsonville brats) has no direct correlation to the opinions of their owners. If CFA started offering 'anti-gay nuggets' or Johnsonville made "Walker-dogs" that would be one thing, since their products then begin to have an agenda. However I don't see how me eating at CFA or not should say anything about what I believe in, other than I think that chicken is delicious.

Freedom of religion never meant the right to practice immorality. There is a limit to freedom of religion. If your religion snatches homeless people off the street and sacrifices them to your god, you're going to jail as a follower of that religion. When Mormonism openly practiced underage polygamy, the US government was on them like white on rice.

Well.. actually it kinda does mean you have the right to practice immorality, or at least the right to practice what you view as moral while others don't. The catch is you can't hurt people directly with your beliefs. So no, you can't sacrifice homeless people and get away with it. You also can't restrict other people from participating in things based on race, creed, gender or sexual preference.

There IS no right to practice immorality. There never has been. If the tenets of a religion are immoral, that religion can't practice. I gave Mormonism's underage polygamy practice as an example. The USG is still all over certain portions of the LDS for that very thing. Here's another example from Mormonism: Blacks were forbidden from attaining the Melchizedek priesthood of Mormonism because they were black, and therefore, of the line of Cain. The USG got wind of it, and the Mormon high council quickly had a revelation from 'God' and suddenly, hallelujah, black people could be allowed into that priesthood. Racial discrimination is immoral. Discrimination based on someone's immoral behavior is NOT wrong.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

BYE!

Edited by Terra7

I love their chicken nuggets -most excellent !

South Hills Mall has a CFA (or did when I lived there). All CFA's food is good. It's healthy too (cooked in peanut oil). Personally, I wouldn't care if it was cooked in lard, since they stand up for what's right.

There IS no right to practice immorality. There never has been. If the tenets of a religion are immoral, that religion can't practice. I gave Mormonism's underage polygamy practice as an example.

But how do you define morality from the perspective of our political system? If you are using Christianity only, then by definition there could be no freedom of religion in this country, since any worship of false gods is considered immoral.

Therefore in order to have freedom of religion in this country the system of morality can't be based exclusively off of Christian values. That's why morality shouldn't be the foundation of our laws, and instead it should be focused around the rights (and violations) regarding other people. Fortunately most of the time this coincides with Christian values (murder, theft, libel, etc) but other times there is conflict as we can see here.

Discrimination based on someone's immoral behavior is NOT wrong.

According to the law it's wrong. If you think it's correct in the eyes of God go ahead and discriminate, but then you should be ready to deal with the penalties that come with it. Just like how if you would kill someone for being homosexual you should expect to go to jail even if scripture supports it(Leviticus20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.).

There IS no right to practice immorality. There never has been. If the tenets of a religion are immoral, that religion can't practice. I gave Mormonism's underage polygamy practice as an example.

But how do you define morality from the perspective of our political system? If you are using Christianity only, then by definition there could be no freedom of religion in this country, since any worship of false gods is considered immoral.

Therefore in order to have freedom of religion in this country the system of morality can't be based exclusively off of Christian values. That's why morality shouldn't be the foundation of our laws, and instead it should be focused around the rights (and violations) regarding other people. Fortunately most of the time this coincides with Christian values (murder, theft, libel, etc) but other times there is conflict as we can see here.

Discrimination based on someone's immoral behavior is NOT wrong.

According to the law it's wrong. If you think it's correct in the eyes of God go ahead and discriminate, but then you should be ready to deal with the penalties that come with it. Just like how if you would kill someone for being homosexual you should expect to go to jail even if scripture supports it(Leviticus20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.).

According to WHOSE law? Where the law of man coincides with the law of God, that law is moral. Where the law of man fails to coincide with the law of God, that law is invalid.

Aborticide: invalid.

Laws alowing homosexuality: invalid.

Laws permitting any immoral conduct: invalid.

Moses' mother knew the law of Egypt concerning babies was invalid in the sight of God and she disobeyed it. Did God punish her?

I don't need to kill a homosexual for moral reasons: They're already dead and the sentence is going to be carried out. I just have to wait to see the end.

Aborticide: invalid.

Laws alowing homosexuality: invalid.

Laws permitting any immoral conduct: invalid.

And you're free to feel that way, provided you recognize that breaking the laws in the US will get you fines or jailtime, regardless of whether you believe the laws to be moral or not. But the US instituting a theocracy doesn't seem very likely anytime soon, so if you want laws to fall in line exactly with Christian morality you might want to consider some alternatives.

Edited by Oh Hamburgers!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19